The Spurs Of London - SL Benfica

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Naughton trying to take his chance at RB is great, Walker needs to look over his shoulder, still early days but Naughton is improving with every game, genuine competion for places will push us on.
Bentaleb, superb performance. He was very dissaplined, didn't commit to high up the pitch, broke up play, allways available for the pass. Chadli another strong performance from him on the back of a strong first half against the scum, holds the ball up well, threat running at defence (would like to see a bit more though). Fryers big game for him, he must have been bricking it at the start, came through with an accomplished performance, that was his biggest game of his life and to come out of it as one of our better players he has to be buzzing.

Watching Spurs continues to age me.

I just wonder if Naughton and Chadli have been enjoying this run when so many first teamers are out they get a genuine chance to shine, rather than "oh why is he on? X can play there instead" Not only have they been filling in they have grabbed their chance which has basically been the opposite of how most players have played all season.

So now we are at 5th ( for now ) and out of Europa. So do we finish miserably and finish say, 8th and out of the Thursday nightmare or do we finish in one sort of high above Man U? The choice is yours..

When I first looked at Spurs fans and heard about the Spursy curse thing, I thought it was a joke.
I guess it was subconscious deluded optimism. :vdvcry:

Finally a display that showed some desire and some guts. The players actually looked like the wanted to be in the shirt for once. Annoyed at the result but not disappointed with the display.

Also, big shout out to The Beast for an awesome display at CB (penno aside).

Finally a display that showed some desire and some guts. The players actually looked like the wanted to be in the shirt for once. Annoyed at the result but not disappointed with the display.

Also, big shout out to The Beast for an awesome display at CB (penno aside).

Annoyed at result, but not bad display
Still spursy every way you want to put it :p

So now we are at 5th ( for now ) and out of Europa. So do we finish miserably and finish say, 8th and out of the Thursday nightmare or do we finish in one sort of high above Man U? The choice is yours..
Perhaps I'm being overly simplistic, but try our best to win every remaining match and finish as high up the table as we can?

I don't care mate. Win, loose or draw I just want us play well as a team and give 100%. Leave the rest up to the football Gods.

Chadli, Bentaleb and Naughton were good today. Fryers did a good job at CB too.

On a completely different note. Anyone else want the white socks back for the next season?

I think I saw some good things in that match but I need time to reflect as I couldn't quite grasp what they were.

Well done to our supporters that made the journey as you came across great on the box.

Missed the match but glad to hear Chadli ( who I have not been impressed with), Bentaleb,Fryers and Naughts performed well.

Hopefully they see out the rest of this season with this form.

...Holy Fuck what a game - who saw that coming after 75 or so minutes of Benfica toying with Spurs impotence? Chadli was MOTM even before he scored...Bentaleb and Kane also played well...Soldado still frustratingly shows skill but no finishing quality...I'm satisfied that we scared them in their own barn...
COYS

Perhaps I'm being overly simplistic, but try our best to win every remaining match and finish as high up the table as we can?

Liverpool aside, we have an enviable run of games for the last 6 or so. Assuming we can win all of them (based on our position in the table), that's 18 points that should be easily up for grabs. Famous last words n all.

We're on 53 points, so that 18 points (wishful thinking) would give us a respectable points tally at the end of the season and it doesn't include So'ton or Liverpool games.

Liverpool aside, we have an enviable run of games for the last 6 or so. Assuming we can win all of them (based on our position in the table), that's 18 points that should be easily up for grabs. Famous last words n all.

We're on 53 points, so that 18 points (wishful thinking) would give us a respectable points tally at the end of the season and it doesn't include So'ton or Liverpool games.
This.

I liked the look of us tonight playing 4-4-1-1 with natural width, would love to see us play like that for the rest of the season with a really creative player like Eriksen at CM, Chadli as the one behind the striker we can rush out in the first 15 minutes of a game and cause real problems for the opposition.

Naughton trying to take his chance at RB is great, Walker needs to look over his shoulder, still early days but Naughton is improving with every game, genuine competion for places will push us on.
Bentaleb, superb performance. He was very dissaplined, didn't commit to high up the pitch, broke up play, allways available for the pass. Chadli another strong performance from him on the back of a strong first half against the scum, holds the ball up well, threat running at defence (would like to see a bit more though). Fryers big game for him, he must have been bricking it at the start, came through with an accomplished performance, that was his biggest game of his life and to come out of it as one of our better players he has to be buzzing.

Watching Spurs continues to age me.

Feel sorry for naughton when he kept on getting played at left back, just not his position, good player if he had walkers pace it would be great.

Yeah Kyle's defending has improved but in recent games we have seen good delivery too
So what do you all think about "Naughts and crosses"?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOMM :avbdamn: (someone must have already said it)

It's the silver lining good run of games the development of plays like naughton, chadli and bentaleb and freyers it has to be said, all the pieces are there just needs a bit of magic to get it working.

Back
Top Bottom