The squirrel chaser - (Berbatov anyone?)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd have him back. If the fans can accept a...person...like Adepaymemore then I guess we could accept anyone*. Plus Berba still scores goals. Top scorer last season wasn't he?

*BAR JUDAS

I want a proper £20-£30m Striker!
Come on Levy, splash some cash and get us Fernando Llorente or André Schürrle (the LB who became a striker)

Re: The squirrel chaser

dmarchantthfc said:
he went on strike, and fucked us over,

Unless he crawls back on his knees and gives Levy a knob snog he will never be forgiven
This.

Nobody denys that he is a good player, but I don't think he has the form he had a few years ago and I think the disrespect he showed the club and fans means that he should not come back unless capable of showing humility....which I dount when you consider that he seems to think the world of himself.

Audere said:
I'd have him back. If the fans can accept a...person...like Adepaymemore then I guess we could accept anyone*. Plus Berba still scores goals. Top scorer last season wasn't he?

*BAR JUDAS
Adebayor has never disrepected THFC or caused trouble for our manager, owner or dressing room to my knowledge.

We never replaced him, still haven't to be fair. Would have been a real Spurs Legend, shame. Most gifted player I have ever seen in the flesh.

Don't think we will resign him, got PSG/that minted Russian club/Shalke written all over it

Another reservation has to be thefact that he is 4th choice striker at United. If we truly do aspire to win the league, is a fourth choice cast off what we need?

Smoked Salmon said:
Another reservation has to be thefact that he is 4th choice striker at United. If we truly do aspire to win the league, is a fourth choice cast off what we need?
Bear with me for a moment, but I'm having a minor brain-fart.

#1: Rooney
#2: Hernandez
#3: ?????
#4: Berbatov

It's very very late and I'm drunk, so somebody is slipping my mind here.

But regardless. If the "fourth" is still world class, and tied the league scoring record last year, that's great, and a legitimate target in my book.

But fuck 'em. We don't need someone who was too good for us just a few short years ago.

Welbeck is the one you're missing.

If he makes us better (which he does) then i don't care. We could sign Darth Vader to play up front and it wouldn't bother me as long as he banged a few goals in.

The defence of the Death Star showed Vader's pretty good at running the channels, but based on what we saw with him and Luke at the end of Return of the Jedi, I'm skeptical of his ability to turn his man.

Smoked Salmon said:

ya we have a tendency for taking 4th choice strikers (ade), hopefully we can find a team who will give us their
3rd or maybe even 2nd choice if levy can lump up the cash.

does anybody else think he looks creepy?
for years me and my mates have been calling him sleazy,
because he looks like he could be a child molester, especially when he had the longer,
greasy hair going on...

durbanspur said:
does anybody else think he looks creepy?
for years me and my mates have been calling him sleazy,
because he looks like he could be a child molester, especially when he had the longer,
greasy hair going on...

I dunno, but I was used to seeing molesters and sickos on the news who look like non descript, avaerage looking middle aged blokes with NHS glasses. Kinda like this.....

weng_AubreyWashington.jpg

Ramsingh said:
Come on Levy, splash some cash and get us Fernando Llorente or André Schürrle (the LB who became a striker)

We've got one. Adebayor cost Man City 25m. The fact we want to buy him for half of that tells you everything you need to know about how much money we have to spend.

Llorente is never going to happen, it's nice to see Spurs fans keep mentioning him now that he's been on telly a bit. His price has gone up this year for sure.

Most likely Danny Graham will be a summer signing when we get Rogers.
Or if we get Moyes somebody we have never heard of.

Or a Rangers player.......for nothing :adegrin:

SpursUltra said:
Ramsingh said:

We've got one. Adebayor cost Man City 25m. The fact we want to buy him for half of that tells you everything you need to know about how much money we have to spend.

Llorente is never going to happen, it's nice to see Spurs fans keep mentioning him now that he's been on telly a bit. His price has gone up this year for sure.

Most likely Danny Graham will be a summer signing when we get Rogers.
Or if we get Moyes somebody we have never heard of.

Or a Rangers player.......for nothing :adegrin:
It'll be Odemwingie and Gyan.

Would he be motivated enough, at his age and having played and won trophies for Man Utd, to actually put in a shift?

Doubt it...

If he wants to earn £10k p/w and and another £10k per goal then I'd have him back

I don't think we'll sign Adebayor.

Not just because of the wages, but he seems to be a 1 in 3 game player.

Back
Top Bottom