The Striker Dossier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ArcspacE

ENIC OUT NOW !!! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
I feel a separate thread on this mythical Spurs position could well warrant its own existence - consisting of good research and description. You can't just post 'I want Player X' - give us some background and information. I'll start with a few reasonably realistic targets - feel free to add as necessary

Name: Paolo Dybala
Current Club: US Palermo
Estimated Value: 17-23 million

paulo-dybala.jpg

Young Argentinian prospect Dybala has been heavily linked with moves to FC Juventus and SSC Napoli this summer although a jump to another league cannot be dismissed either. Sadly, I feel our Lamela 'experience' might put Levy off any potential young Serie A talent but for a reasonable fee he could a massive, massive coup.

Last edited:
Name: Anthony Martial
Current Club: AS Monaco
Estimated Value: 7-14 million

martial.jpg

One of AS Monaco's brightest young prospects is sure to attract interest this summer, having enjoyed solid first team action, reaching double figures already for the season. We've been linked with him in past, along with Woolwich and host of other top European clubs. Would cost somewhat less than Dybala and seems to have all the ingredients to develop into a top-class player. Absolute must to consider if available and willing, imv

Last edited:
Name: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
Current Club: Borussia Dortmund
Estimated Value: 29-26 million

132154.jpg

Borussia Dortmund's mercurial forward might be looking to develop his career further following his club's disappointing season and little chance of European qualification. Offers both pace and technical ability along with deployment in various attacking positions. A truly versatile attacking player who would improve our front line substantially. Unfortunately, might be out of our reach by now.

Name: Iker Munian
Current Club: Athletic Bilbao
Estimated Value: 17-23 million

405060_heroa.jpg

A winger of immense ability and potential who's already racked up nearly 200 senior club appearance by the age of 22. Offers blistering pace and goal threat to match, improving our much maligned left flank following Bale's departure. One would imagine he might be looking to move at some point, having spent his entire career so far in the Basque giants. Would be an immense capture.

Last edited:
Name: Yannick Bolassie
Current Club: Crystal Palace
Estimated Value: 11-15 million

Yannick-Bolasie.jpg

One of Palace's star performers this season - would be a no-brainer for me, seeing our current lack of technical ability going forward. Possibly the most realistic of the lot as well.

Last edited:
Will we play with two up front? Most of those players (those who play as a striker, not on the wings) will be expecting first choice selection, could we offer that?

I think the wings are a more pressing issue, Bolasie would be good as he can create something out of nothing, for those times where we seem unable to create a spark for a goal. Townsend IMO was going to be that player, but he's regressed, he isn't an exciting player anymore rather he hogs the ball down the touch line before passing it back again.

Will we play with two up front? Most of those players (those who play as a striker, not on the wings) will be expecting first choice selection, could we offer that?

I think the wings are a more pressing issue, Bolasie would be good as he can create something out of nothing, for those times where we seem unable to create a spark for a goal. Townsend IMO was going to be that player, but he's regressed, he isn't an exciting player anymore rather he hogs the ball down the touch line before passing it back again.
Both Dybala and Aubameyang can play behind Kane - in fact, I would argue the latter is better suited for that

Name: Grzegorz Rasiak
Current Club: None
Estimated Value: £0-£0

Cracking Bargain & probably more likely than any of the above......:adegrin2:

javier hernandez. handy goal poacher who would be a realistic signing & wouldnt cost much. also probably be ok playing back up to kane which is the biggest problem unless we get a winger who can play upfront too. his all round game is poor but a good goal poacher & wouls also be useful to throw on if we need a goal

also probably be ok playing back up to kane which is the biggest problem unless we get a winger who can play upfront too.
He's currently hardly 'ok' playing back-up at Real Madrid - doubt he'd swap that for a Tier 2 club any time soon

He's currently hardly 'ok' playing back-up at Real Madrid - doubt he'd swap that for a Tier 2 club any time soon
maybe so. but half the 1s u list wouldnt be happy playing back up to kane either. especially the 1s who are actual fowards & not wingers. its going to be really tough finding someone to sit on the bench 90% of the season. some say ings would develop here. the best way to develop is to play regularly. the only other option is get a wide player who can play upfront too.

Good thread mate.

Of the ones you've suggested, I think Dybala, Aubameyang and Muniain are out of our reach. Not seen Martial so interested to read your thoughts on that one. Bolasie, for me, it still not proven enough at top level. A good 4 months doesn't warrant the money they'd demand for him (I guess around the top of your valuation - £15m).

Personally, looking at the league I watch the most, I think we could realistically target -

Name: Son Heung-Min
Current Club: Bayer Leverkusen
Estimated Value: 14-22 million

816c0__953325-1f974810-d72f-11e3-a788-f9855f7e436a.jpg

Despite another decent season, he has been much more under the radar this year, which I feel will reduce his value in such a publicised, media-orientated transfer market. With a goal every 2.5 games for Bayer from the wing, he'd be a big improvement on what we have currently.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Bas Dost
Current Club: Wolfsburg
Estimated Value: 12-16 million

013015-SOCCER-Wolfsburg-Bas-Dost-SS-PI.vresize.1200.675.high.50.jpg

An excellent run of form in both the league and European competition saw his stock rise considerably this season. At 25, this is his first real breakthrough since joining the Bundesliga in 2012, but he has shown if the service is there, he knows where the goal is.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Karim Bellarabi
Current Club: Bayer Leverkusen
Estimated Value: 10-15 million

karim-bellarabi-dfb-emquali.jpg

On the opposite wing from Son Heung-Min at Bayer, Bellarabi has had an excellent season after impressing on loan at Eintracht Braunschweig last season. With 9 goals and 4 assists so far this season, he would certainly add firepower to our forward line. I could best describe him as a stronger, quicker, more technical Nacer Chadli. Would be a good alternative to Son Heung-Min if we couldn't get him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Max Kruse
Current Club: Borussia Monchengladbach
Estimated Value: 9-14 million

2031570_w2.jpg

8 goals and 8 assists this season says it all. A great eye for goal, but also very unselfish and able to pick a pass. Works well with a striking partner, so would mean a change in formation for Poch to get the best out of him, but of course that would mean two up top with Kane accommodated. Strong and good in the air, he would offer a good alternative also when Kane needs a rest or gets injured.

Last edited:
maybe so. but half the 1s u list wouldnt be happy playing back up to kane either. especially the 1s who are actual fowards & not wingers. its going to be really tough finding someone to sit on the bench 90% of the season. some say ings wpuld develop here. the best way to develop is to play regularly.
Both can play behind Kane and vice-versa. Aubameyang is an attacking-mid / wide forward anyway

Back
Top Bottom