The Superclasico - Boca Juniors vs. River Plate

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

(Couldn't find anywhere where this match is discussed, so decided to post it here.)

Just watched this 55 minute documentary from 2018 about the Superclasico in the year they played each other in the final of the Copa Libertadores, well worth a watch, it really shows how it puts all other derbies to absolute shame, both good & bad.

(Couldn't find anywhere where this match is discussed, so decided to post it here.)

Just watched this 55 minute documentary from 2018 about the Superclasico in the year they played each other in the final of the Copa Libertadores, well worth a watch, it really shows how it puts all other derbies to absolute shame, both good & bad.

It's a superb doc.

If you like that, then I think you will enjoy this, also a Coppa90 one.

It revolves around Boca vs River but also talks on Argentina vs England rivalry and Maradonna. There is a great sequence of Simeone, as River Manager, leading his team in a warm-up under the stadium prior to kick-off, not sure why it's stuck with me so much, probably because there's envy or a desire to feel that pre-match tension with your manager psyching you up whilst the crowds bounce on the terraces above your heads, very evocative (for me anyway).

Back
Top Bottom