The Trust have called for the board to resign.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SpiderSpurs

Supporter
🪃🦘 Bonza!! 🦘🪃
Worth it's own thread IMO.

“We call for the immediate resignation of the Executive Board of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, and for the owners to work with us to appoint a new board that has elected and accountable fan representation on it. That representation must make key decisions about the running of the club dependent upon fan approval, and we would expect to see that made a legal requirement across the game.”

“We call for the immediate resignation of the Executive Board of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, and for the owners to work with us to appoint a new board that has elected and accountable fan representation on it. That representation must make key decisions about the running of the club dependent upon fan approval, and we would expect to see that made a legal requirement across the game.”

Great idea, almost certainly won’t happen.

tenor.gif

Yeah. The board really won't go for this, but the Trust is correct to call for it, and at least managed to word it in the kind of way that the board cannot really ignore it.

After what has happened does anyone really think what us fans or the trust says matters to the board/owners? Lets not act like the protests were the reason the super league was stopped. It was because of the threats from the league, UEFA, FIFA, politicians. Everyone else who wanted to keep control, nothing to do with us fans who have a very small voice.

After what has happened does anyone really think what us fans or the trust says matters to the board/owners? Lets not act like the protests were the reason the super league was stopped. It was because of the threats from the league, UEFA, FIFA, politicians. Everyone else who wanted to keep control, nothing to do with us fans who have a very small voice.
No one believes that we do. But to say nothing is to tacitly support it. The Trust is accurately reflecting the fans, and taking a stance on what football means to the fans of this club. The board's failings are on them, not on any of us.

We have to start somewhere, I suppose. Even if they don't act on it, which is what everyone expects in reality, at least they get an indication on how the supporters are feeling.
Personally, I wish I didn't love this Club as much as I do, as all this palaver is wearing me down and I would love to just walk away. I wouldn't put up with this 💩 from a bloke!

No one believes that we do. But to say nothing is to tacitly support it. The Trust is accurately reflecting the fans, and taking a stance on what football means to the fans of this club. The board's failings are on them, not on any of us.
I agree with that. It is nice to say something so our opinions are heard. I just have little to no faith that it will actually have an impact.

We have to start somewhere, I suppose. Even if they don't act on it, which is what everyone expects in reality, at least they get an indication on how the supporters are feeling.
Personally, I wish I didn't love this Club as much as I do, as all this palaver is wearing me down and I would love to just walk away. I wouldn't put up with this 💩 from a bloke!
Aim high and hope for a compromise.

I agree with that. It is nice to say something so our opinions are heard. I just have little to no faith that it will actually have an impact.
An Act of Parliament completely violated the basic laws on private property which forces the board, and other owners of other clubs, to give at least partial control to fans is the only thing that will have an impact.

Last edited:

Didn't see this?

Fair play to them. I don't think it will make any difference but its still good to hear them say it.

Question.
If they want to replace the whole executive board, I'm assuming that includes Levy?

In effect, they'll be asking Levy to resign and then, as he is one of the owners, they'll be asking him to recommend a replacement.
Or have I got that wrong?

Didn't see this?

Fair play to them. I don't think it will make any difference but its still good to hear them say it.

Question.
If they want to replace the whole executive board, I'm assuming that includes Levy?

In effect, they'll be asking Levy to resign and then, as he is one of the owners, they'll be asking him to recommend a replacement.
I think that's a fair summary. The Chairman of the board is still part of it.

Probably won’t make a difference but fair play to them. I don’t think I have ever seen the Spurs supporters trust giving real ultimatums like this though. They clearly are serious about this. Fully in agreement with it. #levyout #enicout

Fully agree with the statement, a sensible and balanced position from THST.

With the right Government support this could happen.

A quick reminder of the Executice Board:

Chairman: Daniel Levy

Operations and Finance Director: Matthew Collecott

Executive Director: Donna-Maria Cullen

(edited to remove two directors without Board voting rights)

Last edited:
We need to get some sort of appointed position in the board though. Levy and Co seem so out of touch with what Spurs fans want or expect anymore. It's all his own Top 4 party and nothing else seems to matter.

We need to get some sort of appointed position in the board though. Levy and Co seem so out of touch with what Spurs fans want or expect anymore. It's all his own Top 4 party and nothing else seems to matter.
This is what I hope that we can get from this.

Getting the entire board sacked seems a bit unrealistic. But having a position for the Trust or another fan organisation on the board should be doable.

Didn't see this?

Question.

They're asking him to move onto the non-Exec Board basically. He'll still have influence and a large stake, but steps back from practical duties. The replacement would be a puppet, let's be honest. The fan representation on the new Board is the key.

Back
Top Bottom