Thread user block

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thread user block?

• Shit idea

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Good idea

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

ChickenTonight

Supporter
I doubt this is possible, and I'm not even convinced its a good idea but here goes:

When a user creates a new thread, allow them to prevent a certain number of users of their choice from posting in that thread. They would have to stipulate the blocked users at the point they create the thread.

For instance block Smoked Salmon Smoked Salmon from posting in RIP threads, and Flannerz Flannerz from posting in threads involving your wife or daughters. :dawsonlol::adebaehug:

If this could be introduced, I would set the number of blocked users at 3.

Shit idea or good idea?

Na, what you're suggesting means you can effect how the forum works for someone else. Unlike ignoring someone, which the other user knows nothing about.

If you created a thread which someone couldn't post in they might just create their own version of the thread. Or it encourages people to create alias accounts.

Na, what you're suggesting means you can effect how the forum works for someone else. Unlike ignoring someone, which the other user knows nothing about.

If you created a thread which someone couldn't post in they might just create their own version of the thread. Or it encourages people to create alias accounts.
Great points. I voted shit idea.
Here endeth the thread.

43174520_ebf19ba4e1_m.jpg

"I did not watch my buddies die face down in the muck so that some fucking strumpet..." gets the right to stop me from posting in a thread

Back
Top Bottom