Time for change

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No it's not another jose or enic out thread šŸ¤£
We are not going to get through this season with any success relying on our defensive players and sacrificing attacking play for it imo. I think we need to start playing players like bale week in week out sacrificing defensive solidity (I couldn't even write that with a straight face) and relying on a bit of creative attacking brilliance to win us games. Relying on sanchez and dier instead of bale,kane,son doesn't make sense anymore as it clearly isn't working.

We have players like Ndombele, Bale, Kane. Even Winks with his flaws is a good passer. We could play a possession based game that allows us to attack and break down the opposition while protecting our defence by denying the opposition much time on the ball. Sitting back with an attack heavy, defence light squad isnā€™t really working.

We have players like Ndombele, Bale, Kane. Even Winks with his flaws is a good passer. We could play a possession based game that allows us to attack and break down the opposition while protecting our defence by denying the opposition much time on the ball. Sitting back with an attack heavy, defence light squad isnā€™t really working.
We are hemorrhaging points anyway what have we got to lose. We should be playing to what strengths we have which is attack minded. We will lose games because of a poor defense but that same defense is costing us points week in week out anyway. Sitting back and hoping kane and Son pull off some magic hasn't been cutting it for a while now. Need to go on the front foot to turn this form around imo.

Have you not been watching? There has been a change in tactics. We have been more attacking since WBA and the ultra defensive tactics like against Chelsea has been dropped.
I wonder if the witch hunt as to whose mistake caused the goal conceded does not help as when we score we give credit to the goal scorer and not blame someone in the opposition for their mistake.

Have you not been watching? There has been a change in tactics. We have been more attacking since WBA and the ultra defensive tactics like against Chelsea has been dropped.
I wonder if the witch hunt as to whose mistake caused the goal conceded does not help as when we score we give credit to the goal scorer and not blame someone in the opposition for their mistake.
Agreed, we haven't seen obsessive adhesion to the low block since the Chelsea match. Hard to tell against Man City given their dominance.

I think the team is actually going through an adaptation to a different tactical approach at the moment.

It's interesting, because while the shit results have continued, people on the whole seem slightly less angry with Mourinho at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom