"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

its-happening-gif-imgur-7.gif

So far we have won 19 games and lost 6. If that ratio was to continue for our final 13 games it means 10 more wins and 3 defeats

29 wins, 9 defeats, 0 draws. 87 points.

After Harry Redknapp ripping into Gary Neville after his comments about Spurs, Neville felt the need to come out and defend himself on the subject. He doesn’t believe Spurs are in the title race because they don’t have the squad to compete.
Having “no” squad depth, and pundits playing that song like a fucking broken record really winds me up.
Sure, we would love Messi on the bench to call upon when needed, but we don’t, who does?
Have any of these pundits actually seen our injury list? Yet here we are, sitting either 4pts, 5pts or 7pts of the league leaders pending Monday night football.
If Neville’s honest opinion was that he thinks City or Liverpool have that little points cushion, are getting the rub of the green with injuries and have a favorable run in then I could accept his opinion on the subject.
Another thing, instead of just banging on about not spending money and we don’t have a squad to compete, why not actually compliment us on actually just keeping pace with the “ supposedly shit squad we do have” highlighting the injuries we actually do have.
I’m no expert here, but I can assure anyone with as much confidence I can possibly muster, that if Liverpool, had Salah, Ferminho and Mane missing for long periods, nearly always missing one of their back 4 week in week out, Including VVD occasionally, playing their home games at the Millennium stadium Cardiff they would be hanging on to a top 4 spot at best.

#he’s Magic you know #COYS
Spot on mate. The thing is, in addition to this, Liverpool's and City's points that they have dropped have coincided with an injury to one or two of their players. City lost back to back games against Leicester and Palace both games Fernandinho wasn't available. Liverpool's dropped points have come against Leicester and West Ham when without Alexander-Arnold, they've copped without Gomez but not without AA in addition (in both cases I'm not including other top 6 clubs, whilst clearly playing without your best player(s) in these game will be shown as a disadvantage, it's also still a toss of a coin, probably decided on small margins and also allows for the other team to also be without a player).

Being where we are with the 37 separate injuries we've had this season means that we DO have depth to our squad. Not having depth would mean we would be in 6th right now and probably by +5pts too.

Lastly, Liverpool have played 14 games since 1st December, Spurs have played 18 (with a decimated squad), during this time we've taken 4pts off them in Jan.

Last edited:
I'm still concerned about how we will do without our own boy up front, but if we keep within touching distance until March, it will be there for the taking lads.

So far we have won 19 games and lost 6. If that ratio was to continue for our final 13 games it means 10 more wins and 3 defeats

Got to forget what's happened, got to focus on the big boy games and the future that is yet to be written yet pal.

As a group let's get behind the club, let's get some serious energy running through their veins and let's enjoy being in another title hunt, even if it only lasts a couple of weeks. Slip ups can happen but we really do need to think like we are in it or we never will be

Got to forget what's happened, got to focus on the big boy games and the future that is yet to be written yet pal.

As a group let's get behind the club, let's get some serious energy running through their veins and let's enjoy being in another title hunt, even if it only lasts a couple of weeks. Slip ups can happen but we really do need to think like we are in it or we never will be

I agree, let’s build a seige mentality and push the lads over the line, everyone who attends Wembley sing like your lungs are going to burst!

This isn't a math problem, we're competing in :pochsmirk:

Dynamics are completely different for last third of the tournament, and especially the last 5-6 matches. Fatigue, decisions in-game when the pressure really on, momentum. Lots of stuff that weren't as significant up to that point.

It's funny how the media hero Klopp is now showing just why his teams fall at the final hurdle. When we lost to Wolves and Utd a calm and professional Poch praised certain aspects of our performance, no moaning about referees, no howling about injuries, no complaints about the pitch, just calm thoughtful comments. The same can be said about Pep who despite some shite City performances lately he always focuses on getting them back on a positive track.

Not saying Dippers will fuck it up, it's still their's to lose, but if they do the 'mental' management style of the beloved Klopp will certainly take a fair share of the blame. How can he expect his players not to lose the plot when he's always just a hair-trigger away from the next meltdown?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom