To Renew or not Renew poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will you, as an existing St holder renew ?

• Yes

Votes: 58 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 17 17.9%

• Total voters
As a fair few on here have said that they won't, or might not. renew their ST. I thought I'd start a poll out of simple curiosity.

Edit: I didn't vote as I'm not a ST holder.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm renewing. Trying to get relocated next to my mate though so be interesting to see how that pans out.

Now i'm no longer a young man with a hectic social calendar, it's good to have something in the diary where I can meet up with a couple of mates and have a few jars.

Being a Spurs fan it's important not to always let the football ruin a good day at the football.

I don't think anyone should renew. Levy's just going to pocket the money as usual.

I’m conflicted. I’m ready for some live football - even José’s meagre offerings BUT

I just can’t see when/if 60,000 of us are gonna be NWHL together any time soon - certainly not this calendar year, maybe not the next...

Which begs the question...why line ENIC/Levy’s pockets with a non-refundable deposit?

Also,

I missed the window for stadium moves...really don’t want to sit high up in the Paxton with all the tourists again.

Unsure if I have any wriggle room ‘if’ I renewed and tried to move now...

I’m conflicted. I’m ready for some live football - even José’s meagre offerings BUT

I just can’t see when/if 60,000 of us are gonna be NWHL together any time soon - certainly not this calendar year, maybe not the next...

Which begs the question...why line ENIC/Levy’s pockets with a non-refundable deposit?

It’s only non-refundable if you change your mind though. If it’s impossible to attend at least 20% worth of matches next season it will just be rolled over. It will never end up in Levy’s new yacht fund if it’s not used for matches.

Yeah, it's a surprise they are even offering STs right now. They could easily wait until there is an actual plan for the return of football (and evidence of gaining some ground on the COVID), which will surely provide enough logistical time for these things to shake out. Seems kind of tone deaf to be concerned about these matters ATM. But then again yacht payments do need to be made in these times.

Is it actually a non-refundable deposit? If so its disgusting.

Yes it is non-refundable, but in my opinion it’s not really any different to a non-refundable 100% payment up front for your ST. In this case it’s a partial payment that you can’t get back if you change your mind later. A bit like a Ryanair flight. Only with a more comfortable seat and with a better view. And better sausage rolls.

it makes sense really in that they will know who is renewing and can then deal with the musical chairs and peddle the spare tickets before we are allowed back rather than a mad rush at the last minute. There may also be photo ID cards to prepare for everyone.

If you pay a deposit for any goods or services they are typically non-refundable.

That doesn't mean that if the games aren't played or are still behind closed doors that Spurs get to keep the cost of your season ticket.

Last edited:
Paid the 20% as the amount £198 was in my account already from this season, probably won't go though until it's back to normal

Can’t imagine many STHs have to pay anything really on deposit with the amounts we have in our ticketing accounts. There’s certainly not going to be some kind of huge cash injection from ST sales this year.

:levystare:

Fully intent to renew.
Don't fully intend to go to every match - will stick some games on the ticket exchange.

I think C19 has shown me there's more to life than spending half of it in a smelly southeastern train and crammed into a football stadium.
That and the fact that the football has not been worth the effort getting there and back at times and that's not a dig at Jose.

I missed the relocation too.

Are we still allowed to request relocation?

I went on to the FAQ’s on the Ask Spurs page. I ended up sending the club a message via a link and they emailed straight back with a relocation questionnaire.

So, if I read it correctly, that will be taken into consideration (despite missing the cut off) if/when I renew.

Fully intent to renew.
Don't fully intend to go to every match - will stick some games on the ticket exchange.

I think C19 has shown me there's more to life than spending half of it in a smelly southeastern train and crammed into a football stadium.
That and the fact that the football has not been worth the effort getting there and back at times and that's not a dig at Jose.

I’m not convinced that tickets will be as easy to flog on the exchange in the post-Covid, post-new stadium, post-top 4, post-CL Spurs world we’re about to enter though.

I reckon they’ll be thousands with the same idea of cherry picking the big matches and trying to off-load the crap ones, coupled with many matches not selling out plus an unknown number of unsold season ticket seats added to the list of seats for the club to sell for individual matches too.

I wouldn’t recommend factoring the exchange into the finances of buying an ST for a few years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom