To Renew or not Renew poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will you, as an existing St holder renew ?

• Yes

Votes: 58 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 17 17.9%

• Total voters
Proper cull of the waiting list and season ticket holders by the sound of it. Maybe the club should have said that premium one Hotspur get 1000 tickets a game or something in a ballot? Seems fair for the cash being paid out upfront to the club.

Unprecedented times anyway.

It’s absolutely mind boggling how much the world has changed in 6 months.

I wonder whether ST holders of other clubs are not renewing in the numbers we're hearing at Spurs.

I think what spurs have done for ST holders is great. 20% and more as they know more. Could they have done better than that? As has been mentioned they need to employ staff after October and furlough ends... with no way of knowing what the future holds medium term.

I know West Ham are asking for 100% not sure about Woolwich and Chelsea. I try to keep a close eye on who gets in my social network!! Rare an ST holder with those two makes it past phase 1 of “so who do you support?”

I do think the club could have managed all of this far better. At a time when the country is really struggling, we’re being charged £70/£100 for kits; increases to what is already the most miserable but expensive STs in European football; full price for memberships when tickets are unlikely to be available etc. I have sympathy with football clubs who are being financially smashed by the C-19 crisis. But Tottenham are treating fans like disrespected consumers, with no care or consideration for what we actually bring to the club, and it’s disenchanting many who love the club. Surely this is all very damaging longer term.

I think what spurs have done for ST holders is great. 20% and more as they know more. Could they have done better than that? As has been mentioned they need to employ staff after October and furlough ends... with no way of knowing what the future holds medium term.

I know West Ham are asking for 100% not sure about Woolwich and Chelsea. I try to keep a close eye on who gets in my social network!! Rare an ST holder with those two makes it past phase 1 of “so who do you support?”
A WH ST is about the price of a One Hotspur membership.

Woolwich fans have not been asked to renew yet. In any case, their prices are cheaper yet include around 6 cup games.

We’re treated so badly as fans.

I do think the club could have managed all of this far better. At a time when the country is really struggling, we’re being charged £70/£100 for kits; increases to what is already the most miserable but expensive STs in European football; full price for memberships when tickets are unlikely to be available etc. I have sympathy with football clubs who are being financially smashed by the C-19 crisis. But Tottenham are treating fans like disrespected consumers, with no care or consideration for what we actually bring to the club, and it’s disenchanting many who love the club. Surely this is all very damaging longer term.
Why is anyone buying kits when there is no date for fans to be allowed back into grounds. I expect sales are well down.

A WH ST is about the price of a One Hotspur membership.

But it’s not.

Mate and his son over £600 each. Has to be paid in full. Tbh I was quite surprised by the amount but he said they are not the most expensive there. Those are over a grand.

And we know Spurs were already most expensive tickets.

Pre Covid plenty of here have said you can’t afford it don’t go - plenty to take your place.
Which is in effect what’s happening.

Footballers continue to earn multi millions and fans continue to pay a huge amount of their salary to follow Spurs. It’s a perfect storm.

But with the stadium and staff needing to be paid for I’m not sure what else they could do for ST holders.

Members is a different matter altogether.

I've seen an estimate of 7,000 bandied about.
Be interesting to see if all these are taken up by members on the waiting list, i was under the impression that pretty much everyone on the waiting list who wanted a ticket managed to get one while we was at Wembley, do we think there are currently 7000 people on the waiting list actually wanting a ST or do they just pay the extra for the priority sales window?

Be interesting to see if all these are taken up by members on the waiting list, i was under the impression that pretty much everyone on the waiting list who wanted a ticket managed to get one while we was at Wembley, do we think there are currently 7000 people on the waiting list actually wanting a ST or do they just pay the extra for the priority sales window?
That's a good point. Couple of my mates are members and turned down the chance for STs a couple of times, think they would this time too.

When we went to Wembley I was 70k on the waiting list.
And I got one.

First season back at WHL my nephew was 40k on the list. He got offered one then.

So they offer 7k now? God knows. Think we have 100k + on the list.......would think 10% want / can get an ST right now.

Despite the pandemic we have more than enough on the waiting list to take up STs.

7k is nothing if that is the actual figure.

The demand for tickets is there, so the club are taking advantage of that. The latest Supporters Trust report showed that the club were actually going to go about things very differently if the trust hadn't stepped in.

It was the trust that tabled the 20% idea. And also renewing after the season finished.

Despite the pandemic we have more than enough on the waiting list to take up STs.

7k is nothing if that is the actual figure.

The demand for tickets is there, so the club are taking advantage of that. The latest Supporters Trust report showed that the club were actually going to go about things very differently if the trust hadn't stepped in.

It was the trust that tabled the 20% idea. And also renewing after the season finished.
I wouldn't be so sure given the current climate, maybe a lot of these members on the waiting list have also realised how easy it is to get tickets now being a member?
But then again maybe some people will see it as a 10% deposit towards the following seasons ticket and just not apply to any ballots, who knows.

I wouldn't be so sure given the current climate, maybe a lot of these members on the waiting list have also realised how easy it is to get tickets now being a member?
But then again maybe some people will see it as a 10% deposit towards the following seasons ticket and just not apply to any ballots, who knows.
If 7k is the figure. Then for that number of people, there will be enough who think of it as a long term investment. I certainly think like that. Even though I'm already an ST holder, I renewed anyway despite the short term covid implications because I know at some point we will all be able to go back to watching games week in week out.

There will be people on the waiting list who will be dying to be ST holders.

Back
Top Bottom