To Renew or not Renew poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will you, as an existing St holder renew ?

• Yes

Votes: 58 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 17 17.9%

• Total voters
If 7k is the figure. Then for that number of people, there will be enough who think of it as a long term investment. I certainly think like that. Even though I'm already an ST holder, I renewed anyway despite the short term covid implications because I know at some point we will all be able to go back to watching games week in week out.

There will be people on the waiting list who will be dying to be ST holders.
I just think all those who were dying to get a ST would have got one when we went to Wembley, i was like 68k on the list and got offered one so took it, and there is talk of those being as high as 40k on the list getting offered them at the new stadium, i think the numbers on the list is a bit of a red herring as a lot will just pay the extra for the priority sales window and dont actually want a ST, im also imagining the majority of the 1882 holders have requested to move if they were only there to get in the south stand, it will be very interesting to see what happens with renewals any way, but if you didn't take up a ticket at Wembley, or last season at the new stadium then are you really going to want one now?

I just think all those who were dying to get a ST would have got one when we went to Wembley, i was like 68k on the list and got offered one so took it, and there is talk of those being as high as 40k on the list getting offered them at the new stadium, i think the numbers on the list is a bit of a red herring as a lot will just pay the extra for the priority sales window and dont actually want a ST, im also imagining the majority of the 1882 holders have requested to move if they were only there to get in the south stand, it will be very interesting to see what happens with renewals any way, but if you didn't take up a ticket at Wembley, or last season at the new stadium then are you really going to want one now?
Perhaps those people were too low down on the list to take up the offer.

I dunno. I think the demand is there, that's why the club can afford to have outrageous ticket pricing.

List is BS always has been. I know 10 people on it. Not one would take an ST right now. Or maybe ever.

Nephew might when he’s older I guess. But still very pricey for a person under 25 in the current climate isn’t it.

Perhaps those people were too low down on the list to take up the offer.

I dunno. I think the demand is there, that's why the club can afford to have outrageous ticket pricing.

For context I joined the list for an EL game at Wembley and got offered a season ticket a few months later. So anybody on the list back then got offered a ticket.

And the clubs current pricing really didn’t allow for a worldwide pandemic to cause a massive recession and influence supply and demand.

Any new ST Holders will not be long term die for the cause fans that’s for sure. I also wonder how many South Korean fans attend each match day. That will be affected for sure. Again knock on to supply and demand....,,

Last edited:
Has anyone else successfully deferred?

I've got a really minor immune system problem, fewer T-cells or something, which i'm too dumb to understand. Net result is i get loads of colds in the winter if i'm not careful. My wife is also expecting a baby in November, while i'm not shielding or anything i basically don't really want to get COVID if i can help it, especially around the time i might have a new baby, even if it's being out of action for a bit.

Anyway after i paid my 20% deposit i wrote the renewal people an email explaining this and asked to defer until 21/22. This was not something i really wanted to do, but it seemed sensible all things considered. The amount of sensitive documentation I've been asked to provide is quite mad.

I can sort of see both sides, and this is a mental situation for everyone concerned, i don't even know how i expected it to go, but sending mine and my wife's fucking medical records to Spurs is not something i ever expected to do.

I've got a really minor immune system problem, fewer T-cells or something, which i'm too dumb to understand. Net result is i get loads of colds in the winter if i'm not careful. My wife is also expecting a baby in November, while i'm not shielding or anything i basically don't really want to get COVID if i can help it, especially around the time i might have a new baby, even if it's being out of action for a bit.

Anyway after i paid my 20% deposit i wrote the renewal people an email explaining this and asked to defer until 21/22. This was not something i really wanted to do, but it seemed sensible all things considered. The amount of sensitive documentation I've been asked to provide is quite mad.

I can sort of see both sides, and this is a mental situation for everyone concerned, i don't even know how i expected it to go, but sending mine and my wife's fucking medical records to Spurs is not something i ever expected to do.
That is- IMO- fucked up. I was pleased to see Spurs were offering the deferral but if they are going to do that they shouldn't then be so demanding about personal details from people who want to defer. If we were relegated I doubt they would be so rude to their "customers".

If you haven't already, I'd ask them what will be happening to the copies of your records. I'm not 100% on what the law says but a private company that's not an employer holding medical details on someone does not sit right with me.

Earliest fans can go into any ground is October and then only on test basis. I think the chances of getting many fans in this year is pretty remote especially if 2nd wave comes and they postpone it again. I would hold off sending medical records in until it looks as if you might actually be able to see a match.

My brother in law will take up an offer of one if they get down to him (45k ISH on the list). He is convinced he won't get one. I reckon he has a good chance.
Might even get close to my seat.

If you haven't already, I'd ask them what will be happening to the copies of your records. I'm not 100% on what the law says but a private company that's not an employer holding medical details on someone does not sit right with me.

Under GDPR I would be very surprised if they could even hold your medical information as it is special category data.

My brother in law will take up an offer of one if they get down to him (45k ISH on the list). He is convinced he won't get one. I reckon he has a good chance.

If 20% or more is true then he will get offered one for sure.

When we first went back how many were available then? That went way down the list.

Anybody who really wanted one got one then. I guess some didn’t due to the crap available seats though. This will be their chance I guess.

Think we had 40k ST holders at Wembley? How many did we have the first season back at the Lane?

If 20% or more is true then he will get offered one for sure.

When we first went back how many were available then? That went way down the list.

Anybody who really wanted one got one then. I guess some didn’t due to the crap available seats though. This will be their chance I guess.

Think we had 40k ST holders at Wembley? How many did we have the first season back at the Lane?

Still just over 40k I think.

I wonder when they'll finally get around to sorting out the moves? Have they even started?

Until that process is complete and they know where the spare seats are I don't see how they can even begin to offer STs to those on the 'list".

I would bet money on him getting offered one, the only issue i would guess would be if he can get 1 near you, you never know he might get lucky and get one somewhere else in the stadium! :mourglasses:

Still just over 40k I think.

I wonder when they'll finally get around to sorting out the moves? Have they even started?

Until that process is complete and they know where the spare seats are I don't see how they can even begin to offer STs to those on the 'list".
The moves have been going on for a few weeks now, the person i spoke to doing mine said she had 7k people to relocate! Im guessing a huge chunk of these are those who had no choice but to get the 1882 tickets.

Back
Top Bottom