To Renew or not Renew poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will you, as an existing St holder renew ?

• Yes

Votes: 58 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 17 17.9%

• Total voters
I’m not convinced that tickets will be as easy to flog on the exchange in the post-Covid, post-new stadium, post-top 4, post-CL Spurs world we’re about to enter though.

I reckon they’ll be thousands with the same idea of cherry picking the big matches and trying to off-load the crap ones, coupled with many matches not selling out plus an unknown number of unsold season ticket seats added to the list of seats for the club to sell for individual matches too.

I wouldn’t recommending factoring the exchange into the finances of buying an ST for a few years.
Yeah, dont disagree.
I may not pick my games on the opposition though, it might just be based on when I can make it.

Also been told my mother is unwell and will look to spend more time with her than out with strangers watching gash football.

I'll take the hit if I can't sell my ticket.

Yeah, dont disagree.
I may not pick my games on the opposition though, it might just be based on when I can make it.

Also been told my mother is unwell and will look to spend more time with her than out with strangers watching gash football.

That’s fine if you can take the hit if the seat doesn’t go; I’m sure there will be plenty moaning that they can’t sell the tickets they don't want at the face value exchange price though.

Really sorry to hear your mother is unwell too. All the best.

Yeah, dont disagree.

You won't regret the time you spend with your mum, hope she gets better.

I've just used the balance that was in my account for the deposit. Personally, I can't wait to get back into the ground, and don't care if it's back in our seats, albeit I have asked for a move. Watching the "behind the scenes" video on the official site made me realise how much I'm missing it, even if the football isn't that great. It's all the stuff that goes with it, as well.

A lot of undecided. Which sort of echoes what I see on social media. I think a 10% to 15% drop off is going to be the norm. Wonder what the undecided will be about. Personal finances, Money cost of spurs or the product?

Best estimate I’m 20k down for the year. Mid estimate 50-60k down. Worst case scenario no money at all coming by next March and new job search. Much as I think this would be a relatively cheap year at Spurs I doubt I will be free most weekends and can’t justify telling the other half to cut back on spending and then keep on spending myself.
I’m sure there’s plenty others in similar situations. Too much economic uncertainty in so many industries right now.

Can’t imagine many STHs have to pay anything really on deposit with the amounts we have in our ticketing accounts. There’s certainly not going to be some kind of huge cash injection from ST sales this year.

:levystare:

They can now use that money though - previously its just held as it potentially needs to be repaid, now it's non-refundable they are funds that the club can actually spend.

As I've said elsewhere, I'm out.
As with others there are personal reasons at play but bottom line for me is the exasperation at the club (the club I've followed through thick and thin for 50 years) treating me like a customer instead of a fan, and treating football like a business instead of a game. So that I'm surrounded by tourists every matchday and I'm not allowed to stand or encouraged to sing.
Oh, and mistreating a loyal manager and replacing him with a dickhead, just so that I can watch us pass the ball sideways for 90 minutes. For £1500? no thanks Daniel.
I reckon I'll be able to pick up whatever matchday tickets I want on the exchange.

As I've said elsewhere, I'm out.
As with others there are personal reasons at play but bottom line for me is the exasperation at the club (the club I've followed through thick and thin for 50 years) treating me like a customer instead of a fan, and treating football like a business instead of a game. So that I'm surrounded by tourists every matchday and I'm not allowed to stand or encouraged to sing.
Oh, and mistreating a loyal manager and replacing him with a dickhead, just so that I can watch us pass the ball sideways for 90 minutes. For £1500? no thanks Daniel.
I reckon I'll be able to pick up whatever matchday tickets I want on the exchange.
With a bit of effort, as in checking often, you can pick up pretty much any tickets you want on the exchange or member sale. It only gets a bit tricky if you want more than 2 together.

I've just used the balance that was in my account for the deposit. Personally, I can't wait to get back into the ground, and don't care if it's back in our seats, albeit I have asked for a move. Watching the "behind the scenes" video on the official site made me realise how much I'm missing it, even if the football isn't that great. It's all the stuff that goes with it, as well.
Did you get fed up with those around you.
I once borrowed on from a Leicester fan and the guy in front of me made the most stupid comments throughout the whole game. The guy next to me said he was moving asap!

I miss the good old days when you could stroll into the ticket office and tell them where you wanted your season ticket lol

On a serious note, unless my mate lets me have his season tickets a lot cheaper than face value I won’t be going anywhere near the ground next year

Going to be amusing when we get to a couple of finals next season and all the usual gripes come out to play.

We should have bingo game.

'was a ST holder for 30 years and now I can't get a ticket for the final and some member with zero LPs only bought one last year and he has got one'

Etc etc

Did you get fed up with those around you.
I once borrowed on from a Leicester fan and the guy in front of me made the most stupid comments throughout the whole game. The guy next to me said he was moving asap!
No, to be honest, the regulars near us are all lovely, they don't complain about my bad language ;). I don't want to move because of the people, I just want to be a bit nearer the pitch. We're in Row 23 in Tier 5, so we're only three or four rows from the back. Against Villa, we had seats in the first row behind the Tunnel Club, just behind the Manager's seat. I loved being that close to the action, and would be happy to pay extra to sit there.

Yes, and I have paid the 20% with the money back from the season ticket this year. I will say though, if I can't move(I have filled in a relocation form), I will kick up a mighty fuss because that is the only reason I paid the fee.

Back
Top Bottom