Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’ll be a good thing to get out from under his contract.

Mougabe extending both him and Dier was ridiculous, and put a road block in front of the rebuild

Yeah, let's not equate the two. If Toby stays he'd still currently be our best CB. Dier on the other hand...

Don’t see any club paying him that unless he goes to Qatar, China or Saudi Arabia
Scrub China off the list that ship has sailed I think.

Bonucci (34yrs) and on €140k pm, Chiellini (36yrs) is said to be on exactly the same salary as Toby. Ashley Young (35yrs) etc etc...

Anyway, for him to take home the same amount of Salary net in Italy, then he can afford to take a 40% drop in salary on his UK Spurs contract (I think he has to remain in the country for longer than 2yrs for the 10% Tax rate to be applied, but I might have made that up???)

Yeah, let's not equate the two. If Toby stays he'd still currently be our best CB. Dier on the other hand...
It’s not about who is better, everyone knows Toby is, from the perspective of squad planning it made it hard to create room to make anyone else come in.

The defence needed a shakeup yet Toby, Sanchez and Dier all have 3 years left.

It’s not about who is better, everyone knows Toby is, from the perspective of squad planning it made it hard to create room to make anyone else come in.

The defence needed a shakeup yet Toby, Sanchez and Dier all have 3 years left.

I get that, but the point is that our best CB isn't the issue when it comes to space in the squad. Sanchez has technically been the worst as he barely even plays, so he takes up the most room with no real benefit. At least Dier plays so he provides some value, but that's just because he's better than Sanchez.

Why Rodon hasn't received more chances is beyond me.

The issue with that is that Toby is better than both Andersen and Boly so we are downgrading in that case. Not necessarily the worst thing in the world if we are bringing in young guys still developing but neither of those guys are getting any better than the mediocre they already are. Boly is likely to get really bad fairly soon.

More utter nonsense

The issue with that is that Toby is better than both Andersen and Boly so we are downgrading in that case. Not necessarily the worst thing in the world if we are bringing in young guys still developing but neither of those guys are getting any better than the mediocre they already are.

Anderson is 24... That's still pretty young for a CB.

Boly is likely to get really bad fairly soon.

Whilst Boly(*) is 2 years younger than Toby?

Outside of his distribution, Toby himself is pretty average now.

....There's a conflict in your reasoning.

(*Fuck buying him though; it's just lazy thinking because of the Wolves factor).

Your Toby-mancrush aside; to ship out Toby, Dier & Sanchez and recoup 50m in fees (+ wages) would be a great outcome this summer.

Kissy kissy.

Just to clarify, I don't think Boly is a world-beater, but I think he is a lot better than Sanchez or Dier and is a solid, experienced player who knows the league and knows Nuno. And I don't think he'd cost the earth (though I have no idea on that, just a guess). So we'd still have some dough for another, much needed, centre-half.

Anderson is 24... That's still pretty young for a CB.

Whilst Boly(*) is 2 years younger than Toby?

Outside of his distribution, Toby himself is pretty average now.

....There's a conflict in your reasoning.

(*Fuck buying him though; it's just lazy thinking because of the Wolves factor).

Your Toby-mancrush aside; to ship out Toby, Dier & Sanchez and recoup 50m in fees (+ wages) would be a great outcome this summer.

Kissy kissy.

24 isn't old but what is Andersen improving when he biggest issue is foot speed? His quickness and agility isn't likely to improve with age. He will always have those limitations.

Boly is 2 years younger but he is also much worse and at risk because of his size guys that big often have more physical issues as they get older.

I have no mancrush on Toby and have zero problem upgrading the CB position but most of the options we are linked with, and all the realistic options are not upgrades.

Because Skriniar is so desperate to come to Spurs.....

Who Knows Idk GIF by MOODMAN

Back
Top Bottom