Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No. You should always change. You have a 1/3 chance if you stick and a 2/3 chance if you change.

Now...having said there was no chance of a cunt off here...

For the record, I had not heard of this puzzle before, and after a little Wikipedia I accept the answer I gave is wrong.

BUT...

The question was phrased in the "ambiguous" way: you have not said whether YOU KNEW where the prize was. You *COULD* have just gotten lucky and happened to pick an empty one.

Correctly phrased, you should have said that you DID KNOW where it was. Because if YOU were guessing and got lucky, it IS a 50/50.

Cunt off started! :tobyarm:

*** EDIT: OK...now I re-read...you did know where it was. I'm a twat. Total twat. I will cunt myself off in my own head. Nothing to see here folks!

Last edited:
Just get the deal done, one way or the other. Time to weed out the ones who don't buy in or fit in with Poch's plans, so time to jog on Toby, if you feel so hard done by.

Not stuck... Delayed. 25m next summer will be a perfect depth signing for a rich club.

Fine by me- he'll still need to have a good enough season for us to justify a club shelling out 25m plus whatever wages he is demanding, and we still make a tidy (but not greedy) profit on the original fee.

That being said, if we can get 50m+ for him, I hope we take it.
Between Foyth and Dier, I think we can get by just fine. Another midfielder or two in to help with depth and we are rolling.

Further regarding Foyth, another season with little to no games for Foyth and I fear his development is stunted and his enthusiasm for Spurs blunted.

Last edited:
I get that and would prefer him to be happy and stay but vertonghan has been our best defender over the last few seasons, was absolute class last season, no other defender is close to Jan

Disagree strongly. Jan was great last season no doubt. But Toby was world class the season before. I’ve personally never seen a better defender at the lane on his performances the season before.

Better than ledley and Roberts. And I don’t say that lightly.

Toby has been my hero since his Ajax days.

My younger cousin was a child mascot at an Eredivisie game at the Amsterdam ArenA a few years back and he stepped on the field with Toby.

It’s a tough pill to swallow to see him and the club in each other’s hairs like this. Very, very disappointed with him. He can definitely learn a thing or two from Jan.

To be frank, you’ve never seen the contract and possibly not a lawyer so we don’t know that.
Err, of course I haven't. The newspaper writing the article hasn't either.

I'm responding to the article and what is written in that. And if we have made him an offer for a new contract (as had been widely written about too), which he turned down, then he's out of luck trying to sue us for a possible loss of income. That would be total and utter nonsense, seeing has our new offer was turned down by HIM.

We don't know that either.

Media speculation, and possibly true but no facts have presented themselves.
My major gripe in the last 3-4 months has been just that. All and sundry happy to slag off TA off media articles, but no verifiable facts.

Lol...classic TFC...

'I'm going to post this article on this discussion board but don't comment on it cos you don't kno any actual facts...just like this article doesn't actually have any facts. Your opinions are not welcome here but I'll post the opinions of others here but don't you dare comment on them cos they definitely don't actually know the truth...just like you don't actually know the truth. So there'

Back
Top Bottom