Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its a animated penguin over here,sort of...
giphy.gif

Also means we don't have to rush around looking for a new centre back and can press on with more important matters.

Fair play to Toby for always being professional too and maintaining that he always wanted to be here and signing before he could talk to other clubs in 12 days time.
Not sure about that, professional would have been to keep his performance level up under Poch.

Don't think this would have happened under Pochettino, their relationship had definitely deteriorated this last few seasons...have to say it wasn't helped by the fact that his agent dad binned a contract that Toby was going to sign...

Really pleased to see this. Toby is not perfect but it would be very hard to find better. Hopefully he'll be solely focused on us now and, with Mourinho's management, he can keep improving both mentally and technically. Hopefully this also shuts down a lot of cynicism and negativity that have surrounded him and the club. The reality is that transfers and contracts are now so very complex that it takes months to get anything sorted.

Is it just about Mourinho or has he been given the extra wages he wanted or at least close to it?

Is it just about Mourinho or has he been given the extra wages he wanted or at least close to it?

"The 30-year-old star's new contract is understood to be worth around £150,000-a-week - which is three times bigger than his previous £50,000-a-week deal."

Not a bad pay rise. Not as good as my £150 Christmas bonus though

Tbf was he not offered that kind of money previously as well under Poch?
Totally about the manager I reckon. No one can say he doesn't deserve the cash, hes been an incredible bargain for his fee and wages so far.

I don't think he stopped playing for Pochettino, I think that the loss of Dier for the last year meant that wee bit of protection in front of him was gone and he got caught out a bit more.

The more important point going forward is that Mourinho seems to be building a lot of our transitions around his long passing ability...whether it's a bit of man management or not, it's sealed the deal...

Back
Top Bottom