Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not aware I’ve been disagreeing with your past posts? Pretty sure I just saw you leave a wee kiss at a question I asked. You disagreed with a question. Behaviour of a cunt and an idiot.
You've just been going through looking for my posts so you can disagree with them. You also basically said you'll stalk me rather than put me on the ignore list.

So stop crying and get on with your life. Tell you what I'm happy to draw a line under things if you are. Hows that? You ignore me, and i ignore you.

You've just been going through looking for my posts so you can disagree with them. You also basically said you'll stalk me rather than put me on the ignore list.

So stop crying and get on with your life. Tell you what I'm happy to draw a line under things if you are. Hows that? You ignore me, and i ignore you.
No I won’t ignore you. I’ll read your posts and agree with you when you make a good point and call you up again when your Toby agenda comes into view.

Feel free to ignore me though. I don’t give a shite.

For what it's worth:

"Financially the club made a good effort that showed me they really wanted me to stay so that gave me respect. I could maybe earn a lot more somewhere else, but then I chose loyalty, that's worth something as well. The more that I thought about a new episode somewhere else, the more I thought, 'No, I just want to stay.' I've always been happy here since day one. I've felt very wanted here and have a very good connection with the fans.

Then, of course, the last step was the manager, who really believed in me. I had a good connection with Mourinho from day one. So all those small steps took me into the big decision to stay."

Spam would be a good fit

£40 million?
After all his service, it would be very ungrateful from our part to throw him into that dumpster fire, although he might enjoy the benefits of their world class carpet over there :llorishowudoin:

After all his service, it would be very ungrateful from our part to throw him into that dumpster fire, although he might enjoy the benefits of their world class carpet over there :llorishowudoin:

As long as he doesn’t receive any carpet burns after meeting Ms Brady

Sth Stand Billy might get jealous!!

For what it's worth:

"Financially the club made a good effort that showed me they really wanted me to stay so that gave me respect. I could maybe earn a lot more somewhere else, but then I chose loyalty, that's worth something as well. The more that I thought about a new episode somewhere else, the more I thought, 'No, I just want to stay.' I've always been happy here since day one. I've felt very wanted here and have a very good connection with the fans.

Then, of course, the last step was the manager, who really believed in me. I had a good connection with Mourinho from day one. So all those small steps took me into the big decision to stay."

This past summer proved otherwise Toby, m'lad! :ledley:

giphy.gif

Alderweireld seemed to be on way out of Spurs until Mourinho turned up

'For me Jose Mourinho is an unbelievable people manager, someone who you want to travel eight hours by road to play on a Sunday after your son is born'

'I guess it looks like I am happier now because the former manager left and I signed a deal,' 'But I was happy back then as well'

'There were a lot of things going on behind the contract but I’ve always been happy at Spurs and will always do my best for Spurs'

'The more options I got the more I had to choose what I wanted and I was just like: "I want to stay at Spurs'

'With a second child on the way I just wanted to stay and when the new manager came in he just asked me if I wanted to sign'

'After that the process went a little bit quicker because he did some things'

On Poch;

'It always hurts when you are left out. The manager never gave me any reasons. But I understand that. I am not the guy who knocks on his door and says: "Hey, what about me?". I think that is very selfish'

'Let’s be honest, he brought this club to the next level and I am grateful for what he did for the club. I think everyone is.

'I just always thought - again it sounds like arrogance - that I will show I deserved to be in the team, and that’s what I did.'

Not in this article;

Alderweireld: "I think next season, with a good pre-season, we are going to see the real Tottenham. The fans should be optimistic. It is actually positive that we are fighting for top four and we are all disappointed by it. That’s very positive as it shows our standards."

On Poch;

'It always hurts when you are left out. The manager never gave me any reasons. But I understand that. I am not the guy who knocks on his door and says: "Hey, what about me?". I think that is very selfish'
I hope Poch can take some of the observations about his management style on board. It can surely only help him in his next endeavour. How does anyone who is left out know what they need to do to get back in if he doesn’t tell them?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom