Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Immense game at the weekend and he will be missed. I think Mourinho has prepared us for this situation as well as he can. The reality is we’ve already seen lots of teams have multiple players out injured, sure look at Liverpool. The EPL is a marathon and I think the team that will win it will be the team who keep as many of their first team fit throughout the season.

We could just have Kane at CB, he sprays the ball around pretty well.

Jokes aside, I really hope he bounces back quickly. As others have said Sanchez always has a brainfart or two per game and the next several League games will really be crucial for the title run.

Mourinho being Mourinho likes to make things worse than they seem. He did it with Sonny once and said he would be out for ages. Sonny ended up being out for a few weeks. All mind games with Jose. I think Toby will be out for a few weeks at the most.

It's a mere flesh wound.
monty python fight GIF

We could just have Kane at CB, he sprays the ball around pretty well.

Jokes aside, I really hope he bounces back quickly. As others have said Sanchez always has a brainfart or two per game and the next several League games will really be crucial for the title run.
Kane would probably do OK at CB, lol.

If Toby is out for a spell I would be tempted to give Rodon a chance to show us what he can do. I know the stakes are high with our horrendous coming run but I doubt he's any more error prone than Sanchez.

Kane would probably do OK at CB, lol.

If Toby is out for a spell I would be tempted to give Rodon a chance to show us what he can do. I know the stakes are high with our horrendous coming run but I doubt he's any more error prone than Sanchez.

Rodon is already above Sanchez in the pecking order, Sanchez has not made a PL squad since West Ham while Rodon has been on the bench for all of them and made 2 sub appearances.

The last time Alderweireld was substituted with a groin injury was in 2012 while at Ajax. He was out for two weeks, missed one game and was again substituted in the first two games he came back in before completing the third, indicating he'd played through the pain barrier in the first two. Groin injuries are ones that players can sometimes play with. Chris Armstrong notably did, and got a lot if stick as I remember for sub par performances, the fans obviously didn't know that at the time.

Back
Top Bottom