Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Excellent signing. Excellent excellent excellent signing. I called for him 2 years ago before he left for Atletico, and last year when he clearly wasn't getting the game time his talent deserves.

A couple more signings of this calibre and things will be very rosy indeed.

Competition for places at the back...Verts, Toby, Faz, Dier, Wimmer Trippier, Walker, Yedlin, Rose, Davies...fuck me how long since we could name such a strong list.

We are truly setting ourselves up for a 50+ game season again, no doubt with Poch rotating HIS players this year.

Whats going to happen to Dier, Fazio and Wimmer.
They will have to prove worthy of a starting spot with performances. Like most players do. Not forgetting injuries and the extremely long season we always have nowadays. We will need them all at some point, for sure.

To have Faz and Dier backing JV and Toby up is quite a turnaround from our recent defensive line up!

This signing is not only great in itself as he is an excellent player, but if we can get the best out of Jan as well, it'll be a stroke of genius. We know JV has the quality to be one of the best centre backs in the league - a return to form will really help us (and Hugo!!)

Looks like we have a few @superjanandtoby fans already. My hope is that Pochettino is able to prevent the team's Belgian camaraderie turn into a Belgian-lads-clique-holiday-mentality-type thing.

Last edited:
As for Saints fans saying Atletico simply didn't want to bother with them, have you ever heard of a club not wanting to sell to another club for more money? Especially when they are in different leagues. 11.5 million is not a lot of money for someone of his calibre and age.:bentaleblol:

Looks like the back is sorted.

GK: Lloris/Vorm
RB: Trippier/Walker
CB: Dier/Alderweireld
CB: Verts/Wimmer
LB: Rose/Davies

Potential back up if not loaned: Carter-Vickers, Veljkovic, Walker-Peters

Sell IMO: Vlad, Kaboul, Fazio which should cover the entire fee for Toby.

As good as I have ever seen our back line in depth terms, much happier.

Looks like the back is sorted.

GK: Lloris/Vorm
RB: Trippier/Walker
CB: Dier/Alderweireld
CB: Verts/Wimmer
LB: Rose/Davies

Potential back up if not loaned: Carter-Vickers, Veljkovic, Walker-Peters

Sell IMO: Vlad, Kaboul, Fazio which should cover the entire fee for Toby.

As good as I have ever seen our back line in depth terms, much happier.
Keep Fazio in case Wimmer turns out to be a bust. Sell the other 2 for sure.

Never in any doubt though really. Just like I'm in no doubt Lloris will stay - I just hope we get some midfielders in now, defence is sorted. Get rid of Kaboul and Chiriches now to complete that.

Back
Top Bottom