Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So our defense was cack last season and we've bought two new proven premier league defenders.
Who took my shambolic comedy Spurs away and replaced it with this seemingly intelligent beast.....

Anyway, great signing for us. Another world class striker and I'm happy

It'd be so Spursy for Dier and Wimmer to become our best centre-back partnership this season instead of Alderweireld and Vertonghen :pochlol:

On a Serious note the last few months of the season I would argue Dier outperformed Verts at the back and with Wimmer by all accounts being a very capable CB it would not be beyond question.

It's nice to have options, for sure. I just hope we don't rotate them so much that they lose the cohesion of a defensive unit. I hate to point at the Chavs but they barely changed their back line last season and instead used midfield to adjust defensive focus for specific matches (e.g. sticking Zouma in DM infront of Terry/Cahill) to neutralise Kane's movement outside the box.

Looks like we have a few @superjanandtoby fans already. My hope is that Pochettino is able to prevent the team's Belgian camaraderie turn into a Belgian-lads-clique-holiday-mentality-type thing.

...it would if they were 'In-ger-lish'!! You're forgetting that Belgians are a far more friendly, inclusive people! None of this Brits abroad nonsense!
:mong::harryhmm::bentley::gazza:

Gotta say i wasn't overwhelmed with Alderwierelds stats on Squawka. I know these things are all relative and football is too organic to be expressed purely by statistics.

The only thing that jumped out to me was Defensive errors - 0, Defensive errors leading to a goal - 0.

Which would be an improvement to say the least.

wordp4.jpg

relegation1.jpg

52829058-570654.jpg
Thats soul destroying Sammy!
Great Pics!

Super excited by this signing. Centre backs are only as good as their partners and I really hope Toby and Jan can get gelled together in a short space of time. As mentioned - if it gets Jan back to first season form we could be looking very tasty at the back indeed. COYS!

''Originally Posted by Jack

F*ck off Toby
F*ck off A.Madrid
And mainly, f*ck off Tottenham. Can't they ever come up with anything on their own? Masters of copying what they see elsewhere, and not quite making it work. Hope his hamstring goes on the first day of the season.''

''Pretty much my sentiments.

Next person I see wearing a Tottenham shirt, gets a punch in the face. I don't care if it is my 8 year olds friend. ''

Full meltdown on saintforum, very funny.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?53653-Toby/page64

One of them piping up with some wisdom:
"When he was here, he was the best thing since sliced bread. Now he's gone, he wasn't that good after all.

This is the standard reaction when a player leaves who we would like to have stayed."

Back
Top Bottom