Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought he was fantastic today... his long passing was very impressive, and though it's only been one game, I'm excited about what he'll bring to the club.

I can't be the only who thinks he cost us the goal yesterday?

How is that even possible?

He's a right CB, meaning when we have the ball the defenders split, effectively putting him in the RB position. Nabil gave the ball away on the left, and was then crossed to the middle? He's the last person you can probably blame...

I can't be the only who thinks he cost us the goal yesterday?

In retrospect you can say that several players made a mistake.

Bentaleb, obviously, for giving them the ball.
Vertonghen for not following Young's run.
Alderweireld for rushing towards Young out on the side instead of taking care of the more dangerously positioned Rooney.
Walker for his clumsy tackle.

You certainly can't say that Alderweireld was most to blame, even though he too made, imo, the wrong split second decision.

In retrospect you can say that several players made a mistake.

Bentaleb, obviously, for giving them the ball.
Vertonghen for not following Young's run.
Alderweireld for rushing towards Young out on the side instead of taking care of the more dangerously positioned Rooney.
Walker for his clumsy tackle.

You certainly can't say that Alderweireld was most to blame, even though he too made, imo, the wrong split second decision.
Yeah but we were all pushing up in support and got caught out with Bentaleb's pass, they all did well getting back and if Walker had got proper contact with the ball if would have been perfect....but he didn't...

Back
Top Bottom