Tonight has really opened my eyes to the issues we face.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am blaming Poch.

He is well aware his methodology requires young minds and particularly young legs, due to the intensity/recovery/intensity cycle.

It is no coincidence that we were at our best when we were the youngest team in the PL.

Trying to flog one of the oldest teams the same way, after flogging them for3/4 years already, when he had viable young players at his disposal - even if he just used them as more frequent squad rotation to get rest and recovery into senior players - was piss poor management of resources.

I have always blamed Poch, as you probably know, but didn't want to upset the countless posters still grieving his departure!

It was madness, and personally I think they made pre-season progressively harder (though can't prove it, think that is how Vertongen got his shiner as well, challenging the madness), under this "we suffer in training so we don't in the game" nonsense (that saying there, is a 12-24 month mantra, max 36 for exceptional physiologies).

Be interesting to see how many fully bounce back.

Back
Top Bottom