Top 10 best young players right now?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Simple as the title suggests. Try to put them in order of how you rate them. And no players over the age off 21. (So no Mbappe, Chiesa or Havertz!)

1) Erling Haaland
2) Phil Foden
3) Pedri
4) Alphonso Davies
5) Jude Bellingham
6) Eduardo Camavinga
7) Ansu Fati
8) Ryan Gravenberch
9) Bukayo Saka
10) Ferran Torres

I would have had Sancho on that list but you cant not look past his slow start at United. He'll come good though, he's too talented not to. Granted there's a few years between some of them, though all are 21 or under, so it's not easy to put a list in order.

Might have forgot one or two who didn't pop into my mind. I'm English so I also might be a little bit biased, but it is what it is.

Last edited:
Florian Wirtz is pretty highly rated and only 18 but your list is pretty decent. Plays just behind the striker and has 4 goals and 5 assists in 6 games (4 starts) so far this season for Leverkusen

Last edited:
iu

Some very good players on that list, obviously of different ages but for me in terms of potential I would have Foden, Pedri and Bellingham as the main 3.

Haaland is a different level, he could be Ronaldo/Messi level if he continues on this path.

Some great young talents who haven't made the list too. The likes of Greenwood, Gilmour and Elliott from these shores.

I honestly think Saka is hugely overrated. He's not bad, but he gets rated far more highly than he is because he happens to be a bright spot in a really rubbish, stale team. Like when Townsend got super highly rated by our fans because we were so dull that a young player with a bit of pace and energy looked great.

He's definitely better than Townsend was/is. But behind the top talents for me. Sancho's had a rubbish start at United but still think he's proven a lot, lot more than Saka has. I also would have Greenwood ahead of him, a more natural goalscorer at that age you will not find.

I honestly think Saka is hugely overrated. He's not bad, but he gets rated far more highly than he is because he happens to be a bright spot in a really rubbish, stale team. Like when Townsend got super highly rated by our fans because we were so dull that a young player with a bit of pace and energy looked great.

He's definitely better than Townsend was/is. But behind the top talents for me. Sancho's had a rubbish start at United but still think he's proven a lot, lot more than Saka has. I also would have Greenwood ahead of him, a more natural goalscorer at that age you will not find.

Very harsh. I think he's very good, albeit can drift in and out of games at times. Not as naturally gifted as Sancho but clearly has a better mentality. Despite being a Gooner, I'd have him over Moura and Bergwijn, that's for sure.

Very harsh. I think he's very good, albeit can drift in and out of games at times. Not as naturally gifted as Sancho but clearly has a better mentality. Despite being a Gooner, I'd have him over Moura and Bergwijn, that's for sure.

There are few wide players about who I wouldn’t take over Moura or Bergwijn, that doesn’t say much.

I’m not saying he’s rubbish, but I wouldn’t have him top 10. He hasn’t put up the kind of numbers other young wide players have at all.

There are few wide players about who I wouldn’t take over Moura or Bergwijn, that doesn’t say much.

I’m not saying he’s rubbish, but I wouldn’t have him top 10. He hasn’t put up the kind of numbers other young wide players have at all.

Maybe so. I just really like his character. He also never hides even if he's not having a good game which is another attribute I love.

He's got 9 goals in his last 50 odd games for Woolwich which isn't bad considering how average they've been at times and they also play him all over the place. Plenty of assists too. His record will only improve. I see a lot of potential in him, but had I remembered about Musiala he wouldn't have been on that list. You can also make a strong argument that Greenwood should be above him too.

Maybe so. I just really like his character. He also never hides even if he's not having a good game which is another attribute I love.

He's got 9 goals in his last 50 odd games for Woolwich which isn't bad considering how average they've been at times and they also play him all over the place. Plenty of assists too. His record will only improve. I see a lot of potential in him, but had I remembered about Musiala he wouldn't have been on that list. You can also make a strong argument that Greenwood should be above him too.

Greenwood has incredible finishing ability for his age. Real natural, better than almost any player I’ve seen with that amount of games under their belt.

Really selfish though. To the point of it sometimes being to the detriment of the team. Something that can obviously be worked on though.

Greenwood has incredible finishing ability for his age. Real natural, better than almost any player I’ve seen with that amount of games under their belt.

Really selfish though. To the point of it sometimes being to the detriment of the team. Something that can obviously be worked on though.

Yeah. He has a shoot on sight policy and it doesn't really matter where the shot is from. That aspect will improve though, his decision making, like you say. Think United and Ole don't do him any favours at times though.

Back
Top Bottom