Top 4 2019/2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No way will Everton, Leicester & wolves will finish above woolwich, chelscum
URpSvb4.gif

John Stones out injured for 6 weeks now. With no Kompany, Laporte, Stones and with Sane being injured now I see them falling off. Goalposts have been moved now, I make our objective to win the league.

They have one fit central defender and will be without the other until Jan/February time. I'd have been happy with another top 4 finish but the way this season has started for City, I think we need to focus on a genuine challenge.

John Stones out injured for 6 weeks now. With no Kompany, Laporte, Stones and with Sane being injured now I see them falling off. Goalposts have been moved now, I make our objective to win the league.

They have one fit central defender and will be without the other until Jan/February time. I'd have been happy with another top 4 finish but the way this season has started for City, I think we need to focus on a genuine challenge.
Love your optimism mate, but I’m pretty sure unless liverpool get similar injuries then they are the only team equipped to challenge or win this year.

We are light years behind them, one 4-0 home win against palace doesn’t change that.

Love your optimism mate, but I’m pretty sure unless liverpool get similar injuries then they are the only team equipped to challenge or win this year.

We are light years behind them, one 4-0 home win against palace doesn’t change that.

I get that, absolutely but Man City are the one star I think are the hardest to reach and with them having to get through the next month and a halfway with only one fit central defender I think we need to approach it like a genuine opening. Yes we are far off of both but how often in the future will one of them be in that kind of situation like the one City are faced with.

Aim high and all of that mate, if we longer around the top 3 positions inevitably something can and will drop so why can't that be this year? Let's be a bit ballsy Spurs, let's put it to them now we have a couple of decent results we can build on.

I get that, absolutely but Man City are the one star I think are the hardest to reach and with them having to get through the next month and a halfway with only one fit central defender I think we need to approach it like a genuine opening. Yes we are far off of both but how often in the future will one of them be in that kind of situation like the one City are faced with.

Aim high and all of that mate, if we longer around the top 3 positions inevitably something can and will drop so why can't that be this year? Let's be a bit ballsy Spurs, let's put it to them now we have a couple of decent results we can build on.
Because mate, every time we get caught up in any title hype we end up flopping hard. See Burnley last year. I hope your right and I’m ready to get behind the team whatever the weather, but I’m not going to sit here and ask them to challenge, we just aren’t equipped too. . .

Because mate, every time we get caught up in any title hype we end up flopping hard. See Burnley last year. I hope your right and I’m ready to get behind the team whatever the weather, but I’m not going to sit here and ask them to challenge, we just aren’t equipped too. . .

But ain't that all a part of the fun? Bollocks to it Man City are weak, Liverpool aren't invincible it's time to get into big boy mode and shift mentalities.

I say the club focuses on pushing Man City & Liverpool as far as they can. Woolwich gave away 31 shots against the team bottom of the league on Sunday and apart from the one bad result we've had all is still good so far.

The thing that excites me is how many home games against the big 6 we have come the latter stages of the season. We may come up short but if we don't try and take a push for it seriously and look to get that mindset we never will know and we never will win it. Man City's injuries have switched my attention, let's see if it's switched the clubs.

But ain't that all a part of the fun? Bollocks to it Man City are weak, Liverpool aren't invincible it's time to get into big boy mode and shift mentalities.

I say the club focuses on pushing Man City & Liverpool as far as they can. Woolwich gave away 31 shots against the team bottom of the league on Sunday and apart from the one bad result we've had all is still good so far.

The thing that excites me is how many home games against the big 6 we have come the latter stages of the season. We may come up short but if we don't try and take a push for it seriously and look to get that mindset we never will know and we never will win it. Man City's injuries have switched my attention, let's see if it's switched the clubs.
I agree we have to push them as far as we can and I hope internally the club are thinking this but I don’t want any external noise.

I don’t want players coming out 5 games in to the season saying we are challenging for the title or anything like that.

Because we all know what happens after that don’t we :harrysmile: :dierpochhug:

Can Liverpool replace Firmino if injured. I would say no after watching them without him. At least we can replace Kane with sonny. Liverpool really struggle without Firmino.
We have to go and beat Leicester on Saturday and show we are going to give it a go.
As long as we are within 6 points at Xmas , our new signings should be integrated by then.

Can Liverpool replace Firmino if injured. I would say no after watching them without him. At least we can replace Kane with sonny. Liverpool really struggle without Firmino.
We have to go and beat Leicester on Saturday and show we are going to give it a go.
As long as we are within 6 points at Xmas , our new signings should be integrated by then.
Most key players Liverpool would struggle to replace, but the problem is they never get freeking injuries.....give them our injuries and missing players (Son) from last season and they’d struggle to get 77pts never mind 97.

When they say you need luck to win the league etc etc they just don’t mean fergie time goals or dodgy pens, they mean avoiding injuries too.....

Leicester were always one key injury away from imploding that year too....

I agree we have to push them as far as we can and I hope internally the club are thinking this but I don’t want any external noise.

I don’t want players coming out 5 games in to the season saying we are challenging for the title or anything like that.

Because we all know what happens after that don’t we :harrysmile: :dierpochhug:
Exactly. Why add more pressure on yourselves.

If we put up as many points as we did in 2016/17 we will win the league. Liverpool and City will be scrapping for 85 this season. Just you wait...

Amazing how the mood has swung from where it was a couple of weeks ago to now speculating we might win the league.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer it like this! But I still reckon we are heavily outsiders for the Premier League. If Liverpool don't manage it this season I don't think they ever will.

Amazing how the mood has swung from where it was a couple of weeks ago to now speculating we might win the league.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer it like this! But I still reckon we are heavily outsiders for the Premier League. If Liverpool don't manage it this season I don't think they ever will.

That's football and why we love the sport mate.

If we can't aim higher than we were a few weeks ago with Liverpool losing 6 of their last 8 away games in the Champions League and Man City currently having only 1 fit CB then we never will. I say we buy a ticket for the ride, got nothing to lose dreaming big unless you let it deflate you if it ends up not happening for us.

I've always been a rational fan who would take top 4 at the beggining of each season and was this time around as well. This time, at this moment I say fuck it, let's muscle in on the title chase party. Let's realise that Liverpool and Man City are only one injury away from a key player to completely open the floodgates so let's believe we can, it's good for our growth.

Back
Top Bottom