Top 4? 2020/2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finishing position 2020/2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Chelsea already have it and Leicester should get it, although I see Liverpool possibly sneaking 4th. We will finish 8th at best.

8th at best???

8th seems to be the lowest we are likely to finish. I know it is all the rage to hate on Spurs but I don't see how any of Leeds, Woolwich or Villa can finish ahead of us.

It didn't do Chelsea much harm when they didnt get in Europe a few years back...they won the league the following year.. although that's well out of our price range, we could well have a better season without the sodding Europa... providing we have some players left..according to Sky everyone wants to leave.. including the tea lady

It didn't do Chelsea much harm when they didnt get in Europe a few years back...they won the league the following year.. although that's well out of our price range, we could well have a better season without the sodding Europa... providing we have some players left..according to Sky everyone wants to leave.. including the tea lady

But Chelsea don't have to worry about having European money to help fund transfers so much easier for them to bounce back from missing out on Europe when they will spend 200m regardless of what money they have coming in.

If we are not getting any European money it is hard to see Levy paying the money we need to get our club back up to the level.

But they got Jose!

If we win our last 3 games
Liverpool drop points at Old Trafford & West Brom or Burnley
Leicester don't win at Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge.

Top 4 is ours.

COYS

But Chelsea don't have to worry about having European money to help fund transfers so much easier for them to bounce back from missing out on Europe when they will spend 200m regardless of what money they have coming in.

If we are not getting any European money it is hard to see Levy paying the money we need to get our club back up to the level.
But we have been in Europe for years one way or another and Levy hasnt bothered, Levy is just a tight arse

But we have been in Europe for years one way or another and Levy hasnt bothered, Levy is just a tight arse

He has bothered though. It is a false narrative to say that he hasn't bothered. He hasn't done enough but he has done more than most teams.

How many clubs in the PL outside of the top 6 have spent 40+ million on individual players like we have?

Levy was clear in the documentary that CL, and presumedly EL, money impact on how we do business.

8th at best???

8th seems to be the lowest we are likely to finish. I know it is all the rage to hate on Spurs but I don't see how any of Leeds, Woolwich or Villa can finish ahead of us.

If we finish 8th, why do those 3 have to finish above us? It will be Everton. I’m just saying I don’t think we will get higher than 8th. And let’s be honest, it’s no more than we deserve. It’s not the in thing to hate on Spurs. We bring it on ourselves.

If we finish 8th, why do those 3 have to finish above us? It will be Everton. I’m just saying I don’t think we will get higher than 8th. And let’s be honest, it’s no more than we deserve. It’s not the in thing to hate on Spurs. We bring it on ourselves.

You said 8th is best case to finish lower than 8th one of those teams has to finish above us so I would say 8th is worst case.

It is the thing right now to hate on Spurs and say crap like “it’s no more than we deserve.” That’s horseshit. Like everyone around has been doing so awesome they “deserve” it more.

You said 8th is best case to finish lower than 8th one of those teams has to finish above us so I would say 8th is worst case.

It is the thing right now to hate on Spurs and say crap like “it’s no more than we deserve.” That’s horseshit. Like everyone around has been doing so awesome they “deserve” it more.

but they do. We have been dog shit most the season. Westham etc have no right being up there. Spurs should be doing much better with how many points are being dropped in and around the top 7. It’s been a piss poor season and we deserve all the flack we get, just deal with it dude

Imagine finishing outside Europe after being first after the first third of the season

Funny old game!!

Halfway stage we were 5th. Chelsea 9th. 4 points ahead of them.
Then they sacked Lampard and bought in Tuchel.

And a few weeks later we were 9th. Chelsea were 4th.

We backed the wrong manager. It’s that simple. But you need a crystal ball to know that.

If we win our last 3 games
Liverpool drop points at Old Trafford & West Brom or Burnley
Leicester don't win at Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge.

Top 4 is ours.

COYS

Except West Ham are ahead of us too, so we need them to drop points as well.

Also Leicester are 7 points ahead of us, so we need them to drop points twice as well as losing to us.

Back
Top Bottom