Top 4? 2020/2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finishing position 2020/2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BernardMatthews

“Wildly offensive and ill informed”
Anyone expecting us to win the league?

Top 2 and a title challenge?

Personally I think that squeezing into the Top 4 is a realistic aim. 3 way battle with United and Chelsea. For the first time in a while I think we look the weakest of the top 5.

Hopefully we make some more signings but I think Jose has his work cut out this season.

Vote will stay open and you can change your mind if we sign Messi.

BFLNhD2.gif

Personally I think that squeezing into the Top 4 is a realistic aim. 3 way battle with United and Chelsea. For the first time in a while I think we look the weakest of the top 5.

Hopefully we make some more signings but I think Jose has his work cut out this season.

BFLNhD2.gif
No chance of top 4 imo. 3 way battle with Chelsea and utd, have you seen the players Chelsea are signing after they already finished way above us last season.
I fear this season could be worse than the last one

BFLNhD2.gif

With the signings we have made and we seem to be going for, our only hope of improvement is with the underperformers of the last one and a half season. If they can find some form again, then maybe we can squeeze a top 4 finish. But our squad building relative to the other teams in the top 5 is piss poor.

No chance .. but we are certainly capable of getting a trophy which is what mourunho will be looking for .
I reckon We will go all out for the Europa cup this season . I’d happily take 6th place, with a trophy

I reckon we can just get in fourth spot behind Liverpool, City and Chelsea. We will need the Albanians to target Man Utd with a hate campaign of drug injections following the Maguire accusations.
A series of unexplained faintings should knock them down to fifth.

I would take even 6th or 5th place in the Premier League if we win Europa League and i have to say that our schedule to new season is great so who knows what will happen? Mourinho is capable of putting the team to challenge for the title, he did with Man U, nevermind the periods with Chelsea. We can only hope.

No chance of top 4 imo. 3 way battle with Chelsea and utd, have you seen the players Chelsea are signing after they already finished way above us last season.
I fear this season could be worse than the last one

We finished well.

And actually caught up with Chelsea after Mourinho’s arrival despite losing both our games against them. That’s a 6 point swing there by itself.

So there is hope.

Eternally optimistic Spurs fan that I am.

I think we should be ambitious. If we make the right signings and our mentality is good we should be very much in the hunt for top four. Liverpool and Man City are a cut above, but apart from that we're well in the mix.

BFLNhD2.gif
I’m stuck a few quid on us to get top 4...3/1

More seriously, I think people are going to be shocked when Chelsea fire Frank in December because they still can't stop a Sunday League side from scoring. United will be better, but they aren't going to match their restart form, but they'll be around like always. Not concerned with Woolwich, Leicester, Wolves, Everton...it's a top 5 for 4 spots. If i had to guess I'd say City will win it just because their underlying numbers have basically been the same, and the best, for 3 seasons now.

Realistically, 3rd is probably the ceiling for Spurs - Kane is finally healthy for the first time in two years, we are taking care of the most problematic parts of the squad, and Mourinho will have had plenty of time to implement his system and structure which should help us defensively. If we can find a way to consistently breakdown teams that park the bus we should be in great shape.

Back
Top Bottom