Top 4? 2020/2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finishing position 2020/2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What makes you think Chelsea will be top 3? They haven't yet addressed their defensive inadequacies. I'd say they're going to be one of four or five teams fighting for 3rd downwards. Nothing yet makes me think they're a cut above.

Chillwell and Silva are big improvements on what they had last year and they have improved in other areas of their club as well. Plus the transfer window isn't done yet.

It likely comes done to luck and injuries to decide between them and United for 3/4th, I think Chelsea has a better squad and better manager so I would give them the edge.

Chilwell is most overrated LB I've seen. Silva is finished as a top level player. Premier league will soon sort his lack of pace and mobility

Both are an improvement on what they had which was good enough for them to finish top 4 last year.

Silva being done is such hopeful BS from opposition fans. He was more than adequate against Bayern, and throughout the CL run, for PSG.

ChilwellMay have cost too much but he is a good LB, better than what we have and a clear upgrade for Chelsea.

Chillwell and Silva are big improvements on what they had last year and they have improved in other areas of their club as well. Plus the transfer window isn't done yet.

It likely comes done to luck and injuries to decide between them and United for 3/4th, I think Chelsea has a better squad and better manager so I would give them the edge.
signing world class players too and havertz. we can't compete with that

If we get the right transfers in and out I don't see why we won't be pushing for top four. Keep Sonny and Harry Kane fit and we have as good a chance as anyone. But only if we get a back up for Kane.

Until they address their real weakness - leaking goals - I'm not convinced.

They had those same issues last year and still were able to finish top 4 (7 points ahead of us), improved their defense and improved their squad overall during the window.

People aren't saying they are making a huge jump just that they will be in the same position as they were last year with an improved team.

Anyone expecting us to win the league?
1804-AE96-F4-F8-48-D0-B905-681-BC413-EC16.gif

I really want Mou to show he’s still got some magic in him and that we can become nasty winning arseholes. Everyone hates us anyway. Fuck ‘em all. Top 3 and 2 trophies. And us back in the stadium!

If we sign a DM and a quality ST, then I'm going for 3rd.

Otherwise 5th.

I always find it funny how consequential people think the marginal summer signing is.

The biggest impact on our finishing position next season is whether Kane, Destroyer of Worlds is back and firing the way he was the last few games. Very difficult to keep us out of the top 4 if so. No chance if not.

I always find it funny how consequential people think the marginal summer signing is.

The biggest impact on our finishing position next season is whether Kane, Destroyer of Worlds is back and firing the way he was the last few games. Very difficult to keep us out of the top 4 if so. No chance if not.
Kane will be Kane. When he is fit you can bank on him to score goals.

Our problem is always what happens when he gets injured. With a quality ST (not Son) I fancy our chances much more. That's just simple logic. I can see him getting multiple injuries with the fixture Congestion.

We have also been crying out ever since Dembele left and Wanyama was injured for a DM. It's stupid that we've still not solved this issue.

Kane will be Kane. When he is fit you can bank on him to score goals.

Our problem is always what happens when he gets injured. With a quality ST (not Son) I fancy our chances much more. That's just simple logic. I can see him getting multiple injuries with the fixture Congestion.

We have also been crying out ever since Dembele left and Wanyama was injured for a DM. It's stupid that we've still not solved this issue.
Our biggest issue, in my opinion, has always been how wasteful we are. We throw away points we never should, conceding stupid goals to squads who don't deserve it. I think thats something Mourinho can fix, and it makes us contenders for trophies.

Definitely need someone quality to rotate with Kane, though.

Back
Top Bottom