Top 4? 2020/2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finishing position 2020/2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Quick look at fixtures between now and the 20th March makes for an interesting time for the teams currently 4-10th. Loads of potential movement ahead purely based on the teams playing each other.

(Villa have the easiest run on paper. 1 out of 5 games is a team in the current top 10. While Woolwich have 4 out 5 and West Ham 4 out 6 games against current top 10). We have 3 very winnable home games on paper......and 2 away derby days.

Liverpool v Everton
Liverpool. V chelsea
Chelsea v Man Utd
Chelsea v Everton
West Ham v spurs
Man City v west ham
Man Utd v west Ham
West Ham v woolwich
Everton v man city
Villa v leicester
Woolwich v man city
Leicester v woolwich
Woolwich v Spurs.

Step up to the plate please Tottenham Hotspur......:tobyarm:

Our current run of EPL form ( W2 L4) is almost exactly the same as last season (W1 D2 L3)
Last season we went on a 3 game winning run.
Our next 3: WHU A, Burnley and CP Home.
The teams around us are dropping points so let's see where we are at the end of the month.
If we can get not a bad result v WHU I reckon we are on the comeback trail.

Personally think Man City, Leicester and Man Utd are uncatchable for us.

Chelsea have already righted their issues with appointing Tuchel, win tonight 6 points clear of us. We won't be catching them. Then there is Liverpool, we are giving them a head start, do we really think we are catching them ?
And that is not to discount Everton, Villa and West Ham, who we are all giving head starts to and are playing much better than us.

Only hope is to do a Chelsea, get rid of manager and hope for new manager bounce.
As things currently stand don't expect Mourinho to get us any European Football at all for next season, and apart from games against maybe Sheff Utd, West Brom I would not be backing us to win.
We should still be good enough to beat the likes of Newcastle, but I wouldn't back us to beat any other team in League currently under this manager. I currently rate us at a Palace. Burnley, Brighton, Fulham level of team (and considering we have drawn with 3 of them and lost to the other recently think that is fair). Would you see any of them going on a run we would need to ?

Personally think Man City, Leicester and Man Utd are uncatchable for us.

Chelsea have already righted their issues with appointing Tuchel, win tonight 6 points clear of us. We won't be catching them. Then there is Liverpool, we are giving them a head start, do we really think we are catching them ?
And that is not to discount Everton, Villa and West Ham, who we are all giving head starts to and are playing much better than us.

Only hope is to do a Chelsea, get rid of manager and hope for new manager bounce.
As things currently stand don't expect Mourinho to get us any European Football at all for next season, and apart from games against maybe Sheff Utd, West Brom I would not be backing us to win.
We should still be good enough to beat the likes of Newcastle, but I wouldn't back us to beat any other team in League currently under this manager. I currently rate us at a Palace. Burnley, Brighton, Fulham level of team (and considering we have drawn with 3 of them and lost to the other recently think that is fair). Would you see any of them going on a run we would need to ?

Yeah I had written elsewhere that at this stage of the season the eventual top 4, over 90% of the time, will come from the teams currently in the top 5 places.

The other 10% the team in 6th might break into the top 4. A team in 9th place coming 4th or higher. Unheard of. But games in hand are screwed up this season!!!

So this season has the chance to be an anomaly on that usual Top 4 race so I’m being super positive on a Monday.

But the odds are heavily against us. Chelsea v Liverpool a massive game. A draw our favoured result. And then us to go on a winning run as per the start of the season.......

I’m on a daily cocktail of drugs by the way.

Forget the top 4 the manager already has. He's got 2 targets, win the Carabao and win the EL.

Then even if we're 10th he can say 2 trophies and Champions league football is a great season for us.

Forget the top 4 the manager already has. He's got 2 targets, win the Carabao and win the EL.

Then even if we're 10th he can say 2 trophies and Champions league football is a great season for us.
tbf if we won 2 cups and are in CL next season it would be a great season.

mighty big if there seeing as we're total dogshite.

I don't think we have much of a realistic change of getting it.

Almost every team above us is playing better football and getting better results. I'd say Man City and Man Utd were probably guarantees for the top 4.

Leicester, can never be too sure with bottler Rodgers at the helm, how he threw it away last year I'll never know and I still think they are a bit inconsistent, but I think he may just do it this year.

Liverpool of course are off form but still have the same team that obliterated everyone the last couple of seasons. Chelsea saw things weren't working, changed it up and now seeing the benefits (Crazy that?) - and of course West Ham are having their best season in a very very very long time.

And that's without even mentioning the likes of Aston Villa, who look better than us for the most part and Everton who have already beaten us twice this season.

Top 4 is certainly gone. A bit like last year when Leicester and Man Utd kept slipping up and we’d get a win here and there to start believing again, only to drop more points the next few games. Nothing has changed, nothing will change. Hopefully we won’t have to endure a midtable finish but it’s not looking too great.

I don't think we have much of a realistic change of getting it.

Almost every team above us is playing better football and getting better results. I'd say Man City and Man Utd were probably guarantees for the top 4.

Leicester, can never be too sure with bottler Rodgers at the helm, how he threw it away last year I'll never know and I still think they are a bit inconsistent, but I think he may just do it this year.

If Leicester do bottle it it likely means they are dropping points to the teams ahead of us and so they are just replaced with those teams not us.

I guess it is possible they lose to all the bottom teams and beat the teams 4-8 but my guess is that is unlikely.

Hilariously, I still think we can get 4th!
It's a case of who will throw away the most points between now and the end of the season!

EVERYONE has dropped points around us (I only wish LEICESTER were as giving in 2016!)
If we can't take advantage of this CRAZY season, with its dip shit nutso results, then we never will....

Sliding doors innit!
We've had SO many chances to win stuff these last few years....and never taken them.

...but this year will be different....

OBVIOUSLY!!!!

I’m not hopeful based on the way we’ve been playing but you never know. This season has been so topsy turvy for so many teams that anyone who can string together 5 decent results in a row will be back on the top 4. The fact our results recently have been absolute garbage and we still find ourselves potentially only 7 points off second, highlight what a crazy season this is.

Looking ahead to the next few fixtures, the next 5 games are going to define our season. If we can pull together 3-4 wins out of that lot and go into the Man U and Everton games with a bit of momentum, it’ll be game on. If we can’t, then both those teams will probably finish us off and there will be no chance.

Numerically top four should be the goal and doable but I have absolutely no belief that that will be done and finishing instead by qualifying for europa will kill the 2021/22 season also; so how about fail to finish top four must mean finish 9th or 10th to save next season.

Oh, and sack the manager!

Back
Top Bottom