Top 4? 2020/2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finishing position 2020/2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As it stands:
City2765
Utd2751
Leicester2750
WHU2645
Chelsea2644
Liverpool2643
Everton2543
Spurs2539

Just for fun done a few quick calculations and here is the table if we were to have drawn all the games against the teams above us.
Edit: After the Fulham game

City2764
Utd2752
Leicester2748
Spurs2645
WHU2643
Chelsea2642
Everton2541
Liverpool2639

Last edited:
Man Utd still have to play:
Man City (A), West Ham (H), Tottenham (A), Liverpool (H), Leicester (H)

Leicester still have to play:
Man City (H), West Ham (A), Man Utd (A), Chelsea (A), Tottenham (H)

Chelsea still have to play:
Everton (H), West Ham (A), Man City (A), Woolwich (H), Leicester (H)

Everton still have to play:
Chelsea (A), Tottenham (H), Woolwich (A), West Ham (A), Man City (A)

Liverpool still have to play:

Woolwich (A), Man Utd (A)

West Ham still have to play:
Man Utd (A), Woolwich (H), Leicester (H), Chelsea (H), Everton (H)

Whereas we have:

Woolwich (A), Man Utd (H), Everton (A), Leicester (A)

It's going to get tasty.

To get top 4, we will need to probably win 9 or 10 out of our last 12 games.
giphy.gif

Man Utd still have to play:
Man City (A), West Ham (H), Tottenham (A), Liverpool (H), Leicester (H)

Leicester still have to play:
Man City (H), West Ham (A), Man Utd (A), Chelsea (A), Tottenham (H)

Chelsea still have to play:
Everton (H), West Ham (A), Man City (A), Woolwich (H), Leicester (H)

Everton still have to play:
Chelsea (A), Tottenham (H), Woolwich (A), West Ham (A), Man City (A)

Liverpool still have to play:
Woolwich (A), Man Utd (A)

West Ham still have to play:
Man Utd (A), Woolwich (H), Leicester (H), Chelsea (H), Everton (H)

Whereas we have:

Woolwich (A), Man Utd (H), Everton (A), Leicester (A)

It's going to get tasty.

Very interesting!!

To get top 4, we will need to probably win 9 or 10 out of our last 12 games.
That would get us to 69-72 points. 3rd and 4th last season both got 66 points. I’d suspect mid 60’s will suffice for 4th place the rate everyone is dropping points this season.

Just taking a look at our potential fixture list:

April 8 - First leg quarter final Europa League
April 10 - Man United (h)
April 15 - Second leg quarter final Europa League
April 17 - Everton (a)
April 25 - EFL final
April 29 - First leg semi final Europa League
May 1 - Sheff Utd (h)
May 6 - Second leg semi final Europa League

Too bad they couldn’t swap out Sheff Utd for Leicester; that would have been a mental 4 weeks. 8 games in 28 games averages a game every 3.5 days. Can’t wait!

Having seen them last night Chelsea will get top 4, pains me to say it but they looked really good. Reckon they'll finish 2nd. Which means we have to reel in Leicester or Man Utd and hoping Everton don't push on. Probably means winning 9 of our last 12 with maybe a draw or two. Really can't see it.

With our schedule and the remaining Big Six fixtures, can see West Ham and Leicester plunging and us nabbing 5th. Thinking the following:

Man City
Chelsea
Man Utd
Liverpool
Spurs
Leicester
Everton
West Ham
Woolwich
Villa

Having seen them last night Chelsea will get top 4, pains me to say it but they looked really good. Reckon they'll finish 2nd. Which means we have to reel in Leicester or Man Utd and hoping Everton don't push on. Probably means winning 9 of our last 12 with maybe a draw or two. Really can't see it.
My only hope is that I would like to think we been through our slump this season and maybe everton/west ham are due one.

Time will tell but now would be the perfect time to go on a run and put some pressure on the guys above us. If we can find a bit of consistency at the back who knows

My only hope is that I would like to think we been through our slump this season and maybe everton/west ham are due one.

Time will tell but now would be the perfect time to go on a run and put some pressure on the guys above us. If we can find a bit of consistency at the back who knows
Trouble is our results against the better, top 8/9 sides is dismal. O pts from 6 against Liverpool, 1 from 6 against West Ham, 1 from 6 against Chelsea. Defeats to Leicester and Everton. The Utd and City wins are real outliers in our season to date. Doesn't inspire much confidence against Woolwich and Villa and thats before we get to United, Everton and Leicester.

Back
Top Bottom