Top 4? 2020/2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finishing position 2020/2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sticking with 6th or lower

We are a poor outfit, no doubt about it

The two recent wins were very welcome but we simply arent good enough to go and win 7 or 8 games out of 10 which is the kind of run we'll likely need to go on to get any higher than 5th or 6th

Just taking a look at our potential fixture list:

April 8 - First leg quarter final Europa League
April 10 - Man United (h)
April 15 - Second leg quarter final Europa League
April 17 - Everton (a)
April 25 - EFL final
April 29 - First leg semi final Europa League
May 1 - Sheff Utd (h)
May 6 - Second leg semi final Europa League

Too bad they couldn’t swap out Sheff Utd for Leicester; that would have been a mental 4 weeks. 8 games in 28 games averages a game every 3.5 days. Can’t wait!

Pretty sure we've averaged a game every 3 days since the start of the season anyway.

12 games to go. On paper 6 must win games and 6 x 6 pointer games.

First 13 games we got 25 points.
Next 13 games 17 points.

Can we improve on our start to the season????

All in for the final 12 games....

Liverpool lose to Fulham. 6th consecutive home defeat in the league. Drew the 2 before that as well, so 8 league games without a win at Fortress Anfield. Was trying to think, when was the last time they won at Anfield and then I remembered. It was against us.

Liverpool lose to Fulham. 6th consecutive home defeat in the league. Drew the 2 before that as well, so 8 league games without a win at Fortress Anfield. Was trying to think, when was the last time they won at Anfield and then I remembered. It was against us.
Liverpool are very low on confidence. The downside of having a defensive negative manager. You don't go for the kill against these teams are who feeling low & playing poorly. They were there for the taking if we had been more attacking.

Liverpool are very low on confidence. The downside of having a defensive negative manager. You don't go for the kill against these teams are who feeling low & playing poorly. They were there for the taking if we had been more attacking.
They were. And it’s not just the points that we left behind at Anfield that’s the real killer. It’s the complete tailspin we went into after that.

Now 4 points (at worst, factoring in games in hand for Everton, West Ham) off from 4th position.

Assuming nothing dramatic happens, Spurs have a sizeable lead in GD compared with the teams vying for 4th.

Bale coming into form and scoring goals is massive for us,

Adding a 3rd top class goal scoring forward to Kane and Son hugely increases the chances of us scoring goals.

Maybe Dele joining those 3 too ? And Lo Celso back to rotate at CM and Spurs look stronger than at any time in the season......... perfect for the business end of the season when adding top class players can be game changing.

It’s absolutely unbelievable that we are still firmly in the mix for top 4 given our form and results from mid Dec to mid Feb, but that’s exactly where we find ourselves.

As much as I dislike Mourinho as a manager if he gets us into the CL next year then that’ll do for me. Another year will have been earned. I just hope that this turn round in style of play is down to the management team as much as the players.

It’s absolutely unbelievable that we are still firmly in the mix for top 4 given our form and results from mid Dec to mid Feb, but that’s exactly where we find ourselves.

As much as I dislike Mourinho as a manager if he gets us into the CL next year then that’ll do for me. Another year will have been earned. I just hope that this turn round in style of play is down to the management team as much as the players.
An element of Yes and No to that, I’d feel. Mourinho I’d say was on the absolute brink after the loss to the Spammers. You couldn’t have hand picked three nicer fixtures (on paper anyway) to save his job and 3 wins duly were picked up against the sides in 15, 18 and 13 place, with a more welcome attacking mindset in the two home games.

Chavs are 2 points ahead of us (same number of games played) with 47 points from 27. That has the Chavs on target for 66 points. 3rd and 4th both got 66 points last season. Shit and all as we were over that 2 months, we were still always just about on the periphery of Top 4. Chavs who were on a run every bit as bad as ours over 10 league games, went from 9th to 4th with 4 consecutive wins. I’d suspect that 23/24 out of 33 points from our last 11 games would secure 4th.

An element of Yes and No to that, I’d feel. Mourinho I’d say was on the absolute brink after the loss to the Spammers. You couldn’t have hand picked three nicer fixtures (on paper anyway) to save his job and 3 wins duly were picked up against the sides in 15, 18 and 13 place, with a more welcome attacking mindset in the two home games.

Chavs are 2 points ahead of us (same number of games played) with 47 points from 27. That has the Chavs on target for 66 points. 3rd and 4th both got 66 points last season. Shit and all as we were over that 2 months, we were still always just about on the periphery of Top 4. Chavs who were on a run every bit as bad as ours over 10 league games, went from 9th to 4th with 4 consecutive wins. I’d suspect that 23/24 out of 33 points from our last 11 games would secure 4th.
Yes. I think that we need 25 points, more and less, to get Top 4 from the last 33 points. We have away games very difficult, like Woolwich, Leicester and United at home, so i think we need to win Europa League to get CL.

I think Chelsea is the favourite to finish at least in 4th, now with Tuchel...

I think Chelsea is the favourite to finish at least in 4th, now with Tuchel...

Massive six Pointer game tonight. Chelsea are the form team in the league right now, not including city.

Draw on paper the best result Possibly even an Everton win as we still get to play them in our own six Pointer.

I said previously 66 points is probably a benchmark for Top 4. Sticking with that idea

United need 12 points from 10 games 1.2 PPG
Leicester need 13 points from 10 games. 1.3 PPG
Chelsea 19 points from 11 games 1.72 PPG
Everton 20 points from 12 games 1.66 PPG
Spurs 21 points from 11 games. 1.90 PPG
West Ham 21 points from 12 games 1.75PPG

At this point the two below can pretty much take themselves out the equation. Once you hit the 2 PPG mark you depend on a serious upturn in form and other teams above you to fall apart.

Liverpool 23 points from 10 games 2.3 PPG
Villa 26 points from 12 games 2.16 PPG

Massive six Pointer game tonight. Chelsea are the form team in the league right now, not including city.

Draw on paper the best result Possibly even an Everton win as we still get to play them in our own six Pointer.

I said previously 66 points is probably a benchmark for Top 4. Sticking with that idea

United need 12 points from 10 games 1.2 PPG
Leicester need 13 points from 10 games. 1.3 PPG
Chelsea 19 points from 11 games 1.72 PPG
Everton 20 points from 12 games 1.66 PPG
Spurs 21 points from 11 games. 1.90 PPG
West Ham 21 points from 12 games 1.75PPG

At this point the two below can pretty much take themselves out the equation. Once you hit the 2 PPG mark you depend on a serious upturn in form and other teams above you to fall apart.

Liverpool 23 points from 10 games 2.3 PPG
Villa 26 points from 12 games 2.16 PPG
i think that we can do that, 21 points from 33 games. However, i think that is not enough to get 4th

i think that we can do that, 21 points from 33 games. However, i think that is not enough to get 4th

Yeah it’s a good starting point as a points total .... but like united getting 3 points yesterday if Chelsea get 3 tonight it makes the bar that bit higher.....

My original thought was these last 11 games 24 points was doable which would put us just above that 66 benchmark.
We are relying on others to draw/lose a few games then!

Back
Top Bottom