Top 4? 2020/2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finishing position 2020/2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We'll see. I'm not writing us off yet. I actually think today is our hardest game for the rest of the season. Arse always raise their game against us and THEY nearly shit the bed against ten men.
It’s not over in the sense that if we win the game in hand at Villa next weekend, we’re one bad result for the Chavs away from overtaking them in 4th. You just couldn’t have any confidence though in our players getting any job done when the pressure is on. It’s a malaise that has dogged the club for years even during those peak days of the Pochettino era - an inability to capitalise on opportunities when they present themselves, to seize the moment and win crunch games.

Leicester play as below.

HOME - City, West Brom, Palace, Newcastle, Spurs
AWAY - West Ham, Saints, United, Chelsea

I can see them dropping 12 points right away; and West Ham will be a hard game.

We are 11 points behind them; with 1 game in hand. Its still not over till its over.

Leicester play as below.

We are 11 points behind them; with 1 game in hand. Its still not over till its over.

It's not over, but the evidence suggests we cannot compete against any sort of quality.

A floundering 10th place Woolwich with a questionable defence and Granit fucking Xhaka and we muster one shot in 70 minutes.

Reminded me of the Chelsea game at home which again we feebly lost.

If we follow our normal pattern with Mourinho we will lose to Villa and drop points against Newcastle. A terrible defeat and performance is normally followed up by more.

Update on the 66 points benchmark

United need 9 points from 9 games 1 PPG
Leicester need 10 points from 9 games. 1.11 PPG
Chelsea 15 points from 9 games 1.66 PPG
West Ham 18 points from 10 games 1.8 PPG
Everton 20 points from 10 games 2 PPG
Spurs 21 points from 10 games. 2.1 PPG
Liverpool 23 points from 10 games 2.3PPG

Lost a six pointer top half match again. Still the worst performing team in that Top 10 mini league.

Have to win the next 2 games before we then face united (h) and Everton (a). Next 4 league games will probably define our Premier League season top 4 chances. Minimum 8 points required.

Leicester play as below.

We’ve lost all 8 out of 8 games to sides in the top half of the table since the start of December and we haven’t recorded a win all season, higher than a side placed 10th in the table when we played them. Just as a matter of interest, what sort of points total do you see us accumulating from the following;

AWAY: Leicester (3), Everton (6), Villa (9)
HOME: Man U (2).

Throw in the away trips as well to Leeds, who could well be on top half when we go there and a Newcastle side scrapping for their lives in the relegation places.

We are an average football team with some very average players . We are a mid table team . Let this top4 thing go . Surely it’s close thread time on this

We are an average football team with some very average players . We are a mid table team . Let this top4 thing go . Surely it’s close thread time on this

Assuming we beat Villa.....We are 3 points off top 4.

And you want to give up?

Glad you aren't the coach!!!

We’ve lost all 8 out of 8 games to sides in the top half of the table since the start of December and we haven’t recorded a win all season, higher than a side placed 10th in the table when we played them. Just as a matter of interest, what sort of points total do you see us accumulating from the following;

AWAY: Leicester (3), Everton (6), Villa (9)
HOME: Man U (2).

Throw in the away trips as well to Leeds, who could well be on top half when we go there and a Newcastle side scrapping for their lives in the relegation places.

So what your saying is.....We have a chance.

Leicester play as below.

I really would love to share your optimism
but let’s give them wins against West Brom , Palace , Newcastle, Saints and a draw with West ham, that puts them 24 points ahead of us. So let’s say we still have a better goal average and don’t need 25 points, we need 2.4 points per game , we are currently on 1.6 points per game.
So yesterday gives you belief we are about to see a 50 percent improvement in our points average in the last 10 games

Hope you are right mate, but I can‘t see it . COYS

I really would love to share your optimism
but let’s give them wins against West Brom , Palace , Newcastle, Saints and a draw with West ham, that puts them 24 points ahead of us. So let’s say we still have a better goal average and don’t need 25 points, we need 2.4 points per game , we are currently on 1.6 points per game.
So yesterday gives you belief we are about to see a 50 percent improvement in our points average in the last 10 games

Hope you are right mate, but I can‘t see it . COYS

Think the other thing to factor in now is amount of games. We have the EL hopefully at least 3 more games, the final of the cup. Leicester, Everton and West Ham don’t have that to worry about.

As shown with sonny yesterday can expect we start picking up more muscle injuries if players are tired. Quite a few players look like they need a rest tbh.
Plus we have a shit load of away games coming up which won’t help the rest/recovery routine either.

And I think Jose would have liked a big win last week so he could leave players at home. Don’t think he can risk it at 2-0 though.

But fully expect to see some more injuries around the international break.... hope we are clever about that..........

We're 11 pts behind Leicester with 10 games to go. Despite their injuries they are still playing decent enough and then you see us yesterday. We are not catching Leicester. Chelsea are the only ones we really have a sniff at but given their form since Tuchel came in and our knicker wetting when we play a top half team its a pretty slim chance.

With this bang average squad managed by a prehistoric relic. Please.
Added to that is the failure to record points against anyone in the top 8 since Xmas. And if you want the icing on the cake - this is Tottenham Hotspur, guaranteed to shit the bed when the going gets tough or there’s a trophy/league placing on the line.

Never in a month of Sundays. Thread should be deleted.

With this bang average squad managed by a prehistoric relic. Please.
Added to that is the failure to record points against anyone in the top 8 since Xmas. And if you want the icing on the cake - this is Tottenham Hotspur, guaranteed to shit the bed when the going gets tough or there’s a trophy/league placing on the line.

Never in a month of Sundays. Thread should be deleted.

Lloris
Aurier - Sanchez - Toby - Reggie
PEH - Ndombele
Bale - Moura - Son
Kane

So which one of these is 'bang average' ?

Our weakness is clear - Ndombele. Sissoko and Winks are not better options and we are left having 2 midfielders who cannot consistently pass in an effective way to our forward players.

Watching Chelsea the other day and the shift Kante put in was another level. Ndombele is costing us 200k a week and should be a candidate for MOTM every game for that money.

We won't get top 4 as Jose is going to prioritise the EL and save players for that. Or Kane will play every minute of every game, get injured and that will be the end of it. Plus i don't see Leicester, Spam, Everton and Chelsea all blowing up while we suddenly win all our remaining games. That's just fantasy.

Top 6 will be an achievement and we should be grateful to get that with him in charge.

We won't get top 4 as Jose is going to prioritise the EL and save players for that. Or Kane will play every minute of every game, get injured and that will be the end of it. Plus i don't see Leicester, Spam, Everton and Chelsea all blowing up while we suddenly win all our remaining games. That's just fantasy.

Top 6 will be an achievement and we should be grateful to get that with him in charge.

I don't want to agree but I do.

Realistically, the Europa League is our best bet, and I think after the Arse capitulation, even the manager knows that.

Back
Top Bottom