Top 4? 2020/2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finishing position 2020/2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Given our fixtures, our luck to date with injuries and lack of European football we really have zero excuse not to get 4th. Would be a real failure.
Come on. Liverpool are just behind and they hardly lost a game for the past two seasons. Chelsea’s midfield is much better.... we have a chance but it would still be a helluva achievement

Come on. Liverpool are just behind and they hardly lost a game for the past two seasons. Chelsea’s midfield is much better.... we have a chance but it would still be a helluva achievement
Liverpool, European football and injuries. Hardly been in great shape themselves. I'd agree Chelsea will still be tough but they aso have European football , have just lost all the momentum that they had built up under Tuchel and they have misfiring strikers. We shouldn't be making excuses, its there for us, we're not plucky minnows.

I take it we’re in the unusual position of wishing Woolwich well this evening against the Dippers?

Liverpool, European football and injuries. Hardly been in great shape themselves. I'd agree Chelsea will still be tough but they aso have European football , have just lost all the momentum that they had built up under Tuchel and they have misfiring strikers. We shouldn't be making excuses, its there for us, we're not plucky minnows.

United, Everton and Leicester. Those 3 games should be our defining ones. The “must not lose” games that if we can win are massive results for us.

The rest we have to view as 3 points. No excuses. That’s what being a side competing in the CL is about. Our, well majority of, players have the experience - really need to step it up now.

Forget what has gone on before it’s a mini league sprint to the line now.

Any slip ups in the games against lower table sides opens the door for others... just as the Chelsea result has done today.

I’ve felt all season that it’s a low enough bar to make Top 4 this season like it was last season when 3rd and 4th both finished on 66 points. We got 72 points in 2012/13 and finished 5th. Even in 2018/19 we needed 71 points to get 4th, 1 point ahead of Woolwich. I suspect mid 60’s will get 4th this season.

I wouldn’t in any way interpret a 4th place finish as a ringing endorsement of the job the manager is doing. If we do finish 4th, it will no doubt be spun as such and ranked amongst his greatest managerial achievements.

Back
Top Bottom