Top 4? 2020/2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finishing position 2020/2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We're 7th, not 17th.
We are 7 points behind Leicester who are in 3rd and we have to play them.
We are not a team of mugs. We have great players and are well capable of putting a run together.
But if you and others want to wallow in misery-be my guest.
I am looking forward to the Everton game as I look forward to every game we play.

2Man Utd312763
3Leicester311856
4West Ham311255
5Chelsea311954
6Liverpool311652
7Tottenham311749
8Everton30348
With 7 games left (only 5 after the cup final) Assuming we somehow won all 7, to leapfrog the above teams West Ham, Chelsea & Liverpool would have to lose 2, Leicester would also have to add a draw to that...
No chance we win 7 straight games, so in all reality all those teams above us would have to lose, or at least a combination of 3 of them would have to lose at least 3 out of their remaining 7 games and maybe drop points in at least one more.......More chance of beating City in the final to be honest than that happening....

As I say if you guys want to wallow in misery-be my guest - but include me out.
Oh what a wonderful season we're having. We're so lucky
So looking forward to our next match this Friday. Can't wait.
How lucky we are.

tenor.gif

I'm so happy

With 7 games left (only 5 after the cup final) Assuming we somehow won all 7, to leapfrog the above teams West Ham, Chelsea & Liverpool would have to lose 2, Leicester would also have to add a draw to that...
No chance we win 7 straight games, so in all reality all those teams above us would have to lose, or at least a combination of 3 of them would have to lose at least 3 out of their remaining 7 games and maybe drop points in at least one more.......More chance of beating City in the final to be honest than that happening....
To paraphrase Charlton Heston..."I will give up my dream of top 4 when you pry it from my cold, dead hands."

ALL hope went for me when we were lucky to come away from Newcastle with a draw.

Oh what a wonderful season we're having. We're so lucky
So looking forward to our next match this Friday. Can't wait.
How lucky we are.

tenor.gif

I'm so happy
And I'd like to see Jose leave the team would be managerless and win the final hahaha, or he stay in charge and Gareth score the winner possibly a brilliant overhead kick and run over to him and deck him. Never say never, I am a bit deluded

Anyone fancy a sweepstake on when sudoku will post up a table, and say with West Ham losing, and Chelsea and Leicester not playing, it has been a great weekend for Spurs as we are one point nearer 4th place than we were.

Anyone fancy a sweepstake on when sudoku will post up a table, and say with West Ham losing, and Chelsea and Leicester not playing, it has been a great weekend for Spurs as we are one point nearer 4th place than we were.
I win.
With West Ham losing, and Chelsea and Leicester not playing, it has been a great weekend for Spurs as we are one point nearer 4th place than we were.

It’ll be the same dull and predictable line up on Top 4 - the two Manchesters, Chavs and Dippers. It’s a fairly closed shop really. Bar the outlier of Leicester winning the title in 2015/16, since Everton finished 4th in 2004/05, 59 of the 60 Top 4 slots from 2005/06 to 2019/20 were filled by the so called Big 6. This will be Woolwich’s 5th consecutive season outside of Top 4 and I’d say we’re gone for a while too. That four will hog the places for a few seasons to come.

Hopefully Leicester and Chelsea will both start playing worse now cos their players will be more cautious/fearful of getting injured and missing out on the FA cup final... yes i know we're in a final aswell but we always play cautiously anyway so no difference there.

6 straight wins and 18 points to round off the season would get us to 68 points which I suspect is a total that will suffice for 4th.

Back in the real world, I suspect we won’t better last seasons tally of 59 points.

I'm actually prepared to believe we can make top 4 again..
I know it's long.. but the competition keep dropping points, and they will drop more points playing each other before the season is over too..

Woolwich vs Everton
West Ham vs Chelsea
United vs Liverpool
City vs Chelsea
West Ham vs Everton
United vs Leicester
Chelsea vs Woolwich
Chelsea vs Leicester
City vs Everton

With our season climax likely being a huge game against Leicester..
Soton - Blades - Leeds - Wolves - Villa - Leicester.

Now Mourinho has gone I'm feeling my optimistic side returning at a rapid rate!

I think it will be close.. possibly in the race for top 4 until the final day of the season.

Remember they do play each other

Chelsea v West Ham
Chelsea v Leicester

That's two guaranteed loses (or better yet 4 draws) from the ones required ... and we have Leicester last up ... not very likely at all but still look at this list

Saints - SHU - Leeds - Wolves - AV - Leic just how hard is that?

Remember they do play each other

Chelsea v West Ham
Chelsea v Leicester

That's two guaranteed loses (or better yet 4 draws) from the ones required ... and we have Leicester last up ... not very likely at all but still look at this list

Saints - SHU - Leeds - Wolves - AV - Leic just how hard is that?
On paper not very hard at all, in real life, right now that’s like facing Bayern Munich, Woolwich, PSG, Inter Milan, Woolwich again & Real Madrid......So obviously 2 wins.....

O wait, Mourinho is gone, fuck it that’s 6 wins, easy biscuits!!

It would want to be an extreme turnaround from how we’ve been playing for the last how ever many months. I think a lot will depend on the cup final. Win that, and we might actually go on a run buoyed by self belief and the games being, on paper anyway, not the most strenuous. It will take a minor miracle in my opinion but if we were to win the last 6 EPL games, then I’d put money on us snatching top 4 such is the unpredictability of this season and inconsistency of the teams above us. I think Leicester will again get dragged down into the top 4 battle. What a final day that would be if that was the decider. Getting excited thinking about it actually but let’s see where we’re at after Sunday!

Spammers lose at Newcastle, Dippers draw at Leeds, Chavs draw at hike to Brighton. Presumably we’ll roar back into Top 4 contention tomorrow night capitalising on our rivals slipping up and the inevitable post sacking Mourinho bounce.

Back
Top Bottom