Top 4? 2020/2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finishing position 2020/2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But there really isn’t mate because Liverpool have got piss easy games and won’t be dropping many points. We also need Chelsea to fuck up too, plus win both our games. It ain’t happening mate. Give it up ffs, we are not good enough

You mean we haven’t been good enough?

Had we not dropped a quarter of those 20 points from winning positions we’d be in it. We’ll only miss out by a few points I bet. Dier giving away a penalty against Chelsea, Son hitting the post against Fulham home when 1 up. The season is absolutely littered with fine margins where we have been too passive and it has cost us. Had we sacked Mourinho earlier who knows what may have been different but I suspect we’d be sat in the top four this afternoon. Possibly comfortably.

You mean we haven’t been good enough?

Had we not dropped a quarter of those 20 points from winning positions we’d be in it. We’ll only miss out by a few points I bet. Dier giving away a penalty against Chelsea, Son hitting the post against Fulham home when 1 up. The season is absolutely littered with fine margins where we have been too passive and it has cost us. Had we sacked Mourinho earlier who knows what may have been different but I suspect we’d be sat in the top four this afternoon. Possibly comfortably.
Another ifs and buts post. Do these only apply to us? What if vvd had been fit for Liverpool all season? I suppose that doesn't count. No point dwelling on imaginary scenarios. We are where we are.

I understand people are probably still bitter over Leicester’s title run. Other than that, I’m not sure how you can support other big six teams over them. It’s a well run club that is making good business decisions and playing well as a team. Something we should learn from.

I understand people are probably still bitter over Leicester’s title run. Other than that, I’m not sure how you can support other big six teams over them. It’s a well run club that is making good business decisions and playing well as a team. Something we should learn from.

Nothing to do with bitterness over the title and everything to do with everyone overrating them and Brenton acting as though they are the class of Europe and some amazing club despite them finishing 12, 12, 9 and 5 the past 4 seasons and pissing away a surefire top 4 spot last season.

It would be great to see them piss away another easy Top 4 spot again.

The West Bromwich disallowed goal is hilarious. Do we know whether the linesman made the determination of obstruction or was it the VAR clowns?

Spurs going to need help from:
  • themselves - must win all 3 remaining matches
  • Leicester City, Aston Villa - must limit Chelsea to 1 point
  • West Bromwich, Burnley, Crystal Palace - must limit Liverpool to 4 points
0Kvb2lu.png

Even if all of those happen, scenarios may require tiebreaker with goals.

This will likely be the last update required...

OP7V9Cc.png

The late disaster at West Brom tightens the margin of error for Spurs. In addition to winning against Aston Villa and Leicester City, Spurs need:
  • Chelsea limited to 1 more point:
    • Leicester City
    • at Aston Villa
  • Liverpool limited to 2 more points:
    • at Burnley
    • Crystal Palace
Even then (assuming Spurs finish at 65p), 4th will be determined by GD:
  1. Chelsea +22
  2. Spurs +22
  3. Liverpool +21
  4. West Ham +10
  5. Everton +4

Nothing to do with bitterness over the title and everything to do with everyone overrating them and Brenton acting as though they are the class of Europe and some amazing club despite them finishing 12, 12, 9 and 5 the past 4 seasons and pissing away a surefire top 4 spot last season.

It would be great to see them piss away another easy Top 4 spot again.
So you'd rather that top 4 place went to Liverpool or Chelsea? Seriously?

Back
Top Bottom