Top 5 racist clubs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah maybe Millwall has some history with racism, I don’t know a lot about their fans to be fair since I don’t live in England/London, but I guess people grew irritated by this kneeling happening every single game, hence it didn’t happen only at a Millwall game, is that correct? Or maybe you believe the media story that paints whites as overwhelmingly racist, in that case discussion ends here.

I mean you say it changed something and I ask what has it changed? Other than the attitude change showing that we don’t accept racism anymore, it did fuck all. Did it decrease racist incidents in sports? In real life? Legit discrimination cases? I’m not talking about some white fella calling a black fella “black” like the other day in PSG v Basaksehir, I’m talking about real racism where an individual’s skin color lost him his job, his life, got expelled from school, etc.
Didn’t come close to saying it has changed anything. I don’t believe it has. If someone is racist, footballers taking a knee isn’t going to change that.

And I’m in agreement with your PSG / Istanbul point too.

Yeah maybe Millwall has some history with racism, I don’t know a lot about their fans to be fair since I don’t live in England/London, but I guess people grew irritated by this kneeling happening every single game, hence it didn’t happen only at a Millwall game, is that correct? Or maybe you believe the media story that paints whites as overwhelmingly racist, in that case discussion ends here.

I mean you say it changed something and I ask what has it changed? Other than the attitude change showing that we don’t accept racism anymore, it did fuck all. Did it decrease racist incidents in sports? In real life? Legit discrimination cases? I’m not talking about some white fella calling a black fella “black” like the other day in PSG v Basaksehir, I’m talking about real racism where an individual’s skin color lost him his job, his life, got expelled from school, etc.
The knee taking is just counter productive, it's divisive and it promotes reverse racism.
I kneel only to God and maybe the Queen as well.

The knee taking is just counter productive, it's divisive and it promotes reverse racism.
I kneel only to God and maybe the Queen as well.
I disagree here we are talking about and it which is the point, it certainly doesn't promote reverse racism (and odd idea). Taking the knee comes from the civil rights era Martin Luther King did it on the Washington march a man opposed to all forms of discrimination. For the record Id certainly not kneel for an unelected monarch of any kind.

we are talking about it
Soviet communists got people 'talking' about class inequality, doesn't mean that they had the solutions, or that things worked out particularly well body count wise. How antagonised does society have to become before people see that there might be better ways of going about things than identity politics and critical race theory?

Soviet communists got people 'talking' about class inequality, doesn't mean that they had the solutions, or that things worked out particularly well body count wise. How antagonised does society have to become before people see that there might be better ways of going about things than identity politics and critical race theory?
Soviet did a lot more than "talking". They had a lot of solutions to inequality, which they implemented specifically without "talking".
Funny thing is Lenin would have absolutely ripped apart any identity politics today, just as he shut down any attempts of the soviet youth to try and raise "their" ideas about sex and so on.

Everything about post-marxism today would have been considered bourgeois nonsense then.

Soviet did a lot more than "talking". They had a lot of solutions to inequality, which they implemented specifically without "talking".
And in doing so just created a new class/status divides
Funny thing is Lenin would have absolutely ripped apart any identity politics today, just as he shut down any attempts of the soviet youth to try and raise "their" ideas about sex and so on.

Everything about post-marxism today would have been considered bourgeois nonsense then.
Absolutely. Though after seeing economic marxism demonstrably fail, he might have come round to cultural marxism. Remember, for them it was anything but capitalism.

And in doing so just created a new class/status divides

Absolutely. Though after seeing economic marxism demonstrably fail, he might have come round to cultural marxism. Remember, for them it was anything but capitalism.

Please, do enlighten us, since I've not heard anyone prepare a decent definition of "Cultural Marxism." What is Cultural Marxism?

Please, do enlighten us, since I've not heard anyone prepare a decent definition of "Cultural Marxism." What is Cultural Marxism?
Economic Marxism was the idea that there are engineered levels of society based on wealth and class, and if you redistribute the wealth of an entire group to another entire group everyone will be happy and there will be no subsequential abuse of power.

Cultural Marxism is the idea that there are engineered levels of society based on race and identity, and if you tell one entire group they are oppressed and another entire group they are oppressive then everyone will be happy and there will be no subsequential abuse of power.

EqSoUQUXUAEyUYm

388.8 thousand likes.

Last edited:
Economic Marxism was the idea that there are engineered levels of society based on wealth and class, and if you redistribute the wealth of an entire group to another entire group everyone will be happy and there will be no subsequential abuse of power.

Cultural Marxism is the idea that there are engineered levels of society based on race and identity, and if you tell one entire group they are oppressed and another entire group they are oppressive then everyone will be happy and there will be no subsequential abuse of power.

EqSoUQUXUAEyUYm

388.8 thousand likes.
That's not what Marxism is, in fact it has basically nothing to do with wealth redistribution or ideas of equality which Marx himself was highly sceptical of.

Marxism instead is focused on eliminating class differences not achieving some kind of vague egalitarianism.

You can disagree with his ideas fine, but that's not what he actually put forward in his writings.

Good video on the topic.

That's not what Marxism is, in fact it has basically nothing to do with wealth redistribution or ideas of equality which Marx himself was highly sceptical of.

Marxism instead is focused on eliminating class differences not achieving some kind of vague egalitarianism.

You can disagree with his ideas fine, but that's not what he actually put forward in his writings.

Good video on the topic.

Bit like forgiving the crimes of the church by saying that's not what Jesus meant.

EqSoUQUXUAEyUYm

388.8 thousand likes.
Fucking ridiculous.

Although plenty on here will be all in favour of it.

Also lucky most people don't know about his private life or antisemitism.
Marx was Jewish himself, I'm guessing you saw the title of his work "on the Jewish question" and assumed it was antisemitic which it wasn't.

It was a critique of another work by a member of the philosophical group the young Hegelians.
In it Marx essentially argues that in a secular state it's misguided to think that religion won't still play a part in peoples lives.

He wasn't antisemitic, I recommend reading his work first before criticising his character.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom