Top 5 racist clubs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
There used to be - maybe still is - a fanzine "The Blues Brothers" which was a Rangers/Linfield/Chelsea thing, the links between Rangers and Linfield have always been pretty strong but I think, as has been mentioned in the thread, the Chelsea/Rangers thing grew in the NF/BNP days of the 80s.
To be honest, I think most Rangers fans I have seen comment on this link tend to say they only support one team - Rangers and couldn't give an fcuk about anyone else.
I could be wrong but I think Hearts - who most non Hearts or Rangers fans view as a smaller version of Rangers in a quite disdainful way - have a link with Millwall, I think there was a Hearts/Millwall banner at the Scottish Cup Final just past, or maybe it was their Semi Final, not sure.
Living in Scotland, but not Glasgow, when I was growing up - 80s - most non Celtic/Rangers fans tended to have a liking for one or the other depending on their religion, but nowadays it seems that most of them just detest both teams equally, although I often hear people say they hate Celtic but "really hate" Rangers.
I was a Celtic fan until a few years ago, just gradually began to realise that I didn't "get it" any more and my interest just waned. If I'm being honest, it was a lot to do with the whole Celtic/Rangers circus and the vitriol it encouraged people to vent, just a bit too much at times.
Been to plenty games between the two back in the day, but I wouldn't even thank you for a free ticket now.
Chavs message board has threads dedicated just for Glasgow Rangers!

Celtic ,friendly?
A bigger most disgusting bunch of scum I have never met.
I detest that club and it's fans with every part of me. This is mainly down to their London based fans ,as I have little experience of the Scottish ones,it has to be said. Forgotten how many run ins I have had with that lot Hate em with a passion.
Bigoted English/British hating mugs who only ever see others bigotry/secterianism,never their own.
That’s called personal experience fella. If I banged on about personal experience with the Gers/Chelsea lot and tarred all Scottish Rangers fans I’d be the cunt.

Think about it !

That’s called personal experience fella. If I banged on about personal experience with the Gers/Chelsea lot and tarred all Scottish Rangers fans I’d be the cunt.

Think about it !
51 mate. I ain't going to change my view of them now. I have drank with Gets,,Hearts,Partick thistle,Hibs, Aberdeen,Dundee(both)and others and judge em as individuals and as I find them. I can't with That lot.

51 mate. I ain't going to change my view of them now. I have drank with Gets,,Hearts,Partick thistle,Hibs, Aberdeen,Dundee(both)and others and judge em as individuals and as I find them. I can't with That lot.

All that says is that me and you are the same age, and frankly it means nothing else fella. We all have opinions and an opinion isn’t correct or factual just because it is posted on a football message board!

But Im better - I KNOW IM RIGHT!

Last edited:
All that says is that me and you are the same age, and frankly it means nothing else fella. We all have opinions and an opinion isn’t correct or factual just because it is posted on a football message board!

But I’m better - I KNOW IM RIGHT!
I don't know you,so not unduly worried whether we are the same or not. It's a forum,nothing else. Loads of different options on different things. Just like a pub

This is a pretty well written post about the Chelsea, Rangers, Linfield reach-around.

This is a pretty well written post about the Chelsea, Rangers, Linfield reach-around.

I think that's quite a good piece, honest enough to acknowledge the right wing element as part of the bigger picture.
I think it is fair to say that some Rangers fans follow Chelsea as a second team and others have no interest and/or don't like them at all. It has waned in recent years a fair bit I think, but there used to be a big link between Celtic and Man United, but in the same way as the Rangers/Chelsea thing, I knew a lot of Celtic fans that hated Man Utd and plenty that followed them quite closely as a second team.
I know a guy who is from Bridgeton - a very famous/infamous area of Glasgow full of Rangers fans but not far from Celtic's ground - a huge Rangers fan but Woolwich is his English team, who I always associated with having a big Irish fanbase, although my Dad told me there was a big friendship between Rangers and Woolwich back in the 30s or 40s, I'm not sure.

There was likewise a very big Irish @rsenal following in the mid- late 1970’’s and they were very (many of them) vehemently IRA - never mind sectarian -so it’s swings and roundabouts!

There was likewise a very big Irish @rsenal following in the mid- late 1970’’s and they were very (many of them) vehemently IRA - never mind sectarian -so it’s swings and roundabouts!
I think it's fair to say that the relationships between clubs are viewed very differently from person to person, it's not a one size fits all thing.

I think it's fair to say that the relationships between clubs are viewed very differently from person to person, it's not a one size fits all thing.
I couldn’t agree more. We only know what we know based on our experience and provable knowledge which is why I would never say I hate Rangers. To me that’s idiot speak; but paradoxically I don’t like Rangers - if you know what I mean. :pochsmirk:

If you read Martin Knight's chapter in Martin kings book "Hoolifan"he describes a pre season friendly against Blackpool that falls the same weekend as Glasgow weekend (loads of people from there use to go to Blackpool for the weekend,not sure if it still happens) where Celtic and Chelsea mobbed up together. against Blackpool and Rangers.

If you read Martin Knight's chapter in Martin kings book "Hoolifan"he describes a pre season friendly against Blackpool that falls the same weekend as Glasgow weekend (loads of people from there use to go to Blackpool for the weekend,not sure if it still happens) where Celtic and Chelsea mobbed up together. against Blackpool and Rangers.

You must be talking about the 1970’’s. or earlier mate: not that I know the score on your info or the book writer personally, but Rangers & chelshit have been hard core BNP all of my early time 1980’s and they NEVER EVER HID IT!

I get your point, but I honestly don’t come on here to argue with people or to justify the way I write my posts.
That’s not directed at you obviously.

I hear you.

But a thread that flows as long as individuals don’t go over the top and break site rules, - is a thread that flows IMO; personal attacks are against the rules of any forum: my comment was to inspire flow not conflict!

Maybe I’m too new to be so confident I don’t know?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom