Top 5 racist clubs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zaha has had enough and I think he has a point.

“I think the meaning behind the whole thing is becoming something that we just do now. That’s not enough. I’m not going to take the knee.”
Wonder how plastic and his minions will try and swing this one.

Wonder how plastic and his minions will try and swing this one.
As per my previous awnser
If players don't want to take the knee fine. If they don't want to wear a poppy fine. But if you then barrack the people who do take the knee or who decide that the poppy is inappropriate for them to wear. You come across at most a racist at least a boorish dick. Those defending the barracking are putting themselves on that side.

Last edited:

“I think the meaning behind the whole thing is becoming something that we just do now. That’s not enough. I’m not going to take the knee.”
Our racist contingent has interpreted this as him saying the fight against racism is not worth it I see.

When he's actually saying we need to do more.

Good for Zaha.

Our racist contingent has interpreted this as him saying the fight against racism is not worth it I see.

Good for Zaha.
Zaha has had enough of empty gestures such as taking the knee and thinks more should be done.
I agree with him. This makes me racist?

To be honest, I agree. The important point is that he said more needs to be done. It’s not like he is fucking it off with no further intention of combatting racism.

I would compare taking the knee with clapping for the nhs. Fine as a short term gesture to make a point...but ultimately it has become meaningless and rather virtue signally.

The nhs workers preferred us to help them by doing something meaningful...stay at home, protect the nhs etc...

Now something more meaningful needs to be done to combat racism. Something more proactive that will actually get results.

Zaha has had enough of empty gestures such as taking the knee and thinks more should be done.
I agree with him. This makes me racist?
Empty headed morons on here mate who pretend to fight racism online by using insults like gammon and redneck and trying to cause as much racial divide as possible constantly and do absolutely nothing in the real world or at all that helps in the fight against racism.

Empty headed morons on here mate who pretend to fight racism online by using insults like gammon and redneck and trying to cause as much racial divide as possible constantly and do absolutely nothing in the real world or at all that helps in the fight against racism.
I agree new to forum been a Spurs fan for 50 years ashamed of the language used forum leaders should be ashamed

You called Heung Min-Son a chink.

Talking of empty-headed morons.

Good for Zaha.
For sure he’s saying racism should be fought wherever it is found but he’s also saying in essence “ this is bollocks!”

He is absolutely right, as this mandatorily taking the knee is indeed demeaning, and I’d say patronisingly so. I’ve always felt uncomfortable seeing this activity taking place, but never put my finger on my exact feelings on the issue.

I actually think it is - no I know it is divisive and not at all unifying; and that more black football players need to desist because allowing themselves to be played by a political puppeteer with a motivation that has not been fully qualified is beyond naive.

For sure he’s saying racism should be fought wherever it is found but he’s also saying in essence “ this is bollocks!”

He is absolutely right, as this mandatorily taking the knee is indeed demeaning, and I’d say patronisingly so. I’ve always felt uncomfortable seeing this activity taking place, but never put my finger on my exact feelings on the issue.

I actually think it is - no I know it is divisive and not at all unifying; and that more black football players need to desist because allowing themselves to be played by a political puppeteer with a motivation that has not been fully qualified is beyond naive.
There are still plenty of black footballers that will continue taking the knee and plenty in other sports too.

If they deem it necessary and justified in their own mind it's not up to whiteboys like me to tell them any different.

Wilfried Zaha thinks one thing, Michael Holding another.

Michael Holding has experienced significantly more racism in his life than Zaha and probably more violent but that doesn't mean one's opinion is more ''correct'' than another. Holding has criticised cricketers for no longer taking the knee as he believes it still has value. Zaha doesn't.

Each to their own.

It becoming routine and as you say ''mandatory'' is the problem I imagine.

When Kapaernick gets a new team and continues doing it, I'd suggest it will hold value.

All about context.

Last edited:
There are still plenty of black footballers that will continue taking the knee and plenty in other sports too.

If they deem it necessary and justified in their own mind it's not up to whiteboys like me to tell them any different.

Wilfried Zaha thinks one thing, Michael Holding another.

Michael Holding has experienced significantly more racism in his life than Zaha and probably more violent but that doesn't mean one's opinion is more ''correct'' than another. Holding has criticised cricketers for no longer taking the knee as he believes it still has value. Zaha doesn't.

Each to their own.

It becoming routine and as you say ''mandatory'' is the problem I imagine.

When Kapaernick gets a new team and continues doing it, I'd suggest it will hold value.

All about context.
It should be interesting to see exactly what Zaha does as he stands [proud] instead of kneeling; I just hope he isn’t so foolish as to throw a fist.
There is very definite division occurring on this taking of the knee.Many young black players are also using the black power salute today as well as or instead of taking the knee; where the throwing of a 1960’s black power salute at English football stadia is IMO an embarrassing sight to behold. Very wrongly it’s an African Americanism being forced on to the culture of the British, both black, white, and indeed brown.

The black players need take the lead in desisting these activities as the the white players can’t do so because people like you will call them racist!

It should be interesting to see exactly what Zaha does as he stands [proud] instead of kneeling; I just hope he isn’t so foolish as to throw a fist.
There is very definite division occurring on this taking of the knee.Many young black players are also using the black power salute today as well as or instead of taking the knee; where the throwing of a 1960’s black power salute at English football stadia is IMO an embarrassing sight to behold. Very wrongly it’s an African Americanism being forced on to the culture of the British, both black, white, and indeed brown.

The black players need take the lead in desisting these activities as the the white players can’t do so because people like you will call them racist!
It's not up to white people to tell black people how they should combat racism.

If a black player took the knee and a white player went up to him and told him to stop, then what?

Yes, he's saying it is bollocks, because it essentially does nothing, at least now.

Which is fine, and I agree. But he also said that more needs to be done to counter-act racism, which, given the stories in the press recently of black players being abused on social media, is also true.

I'd agree with fucking off the 'taking the knee' thing now, it's had its day, and it is time more productive measures were taken.

What I don't want to happen is that the taking the knee stops, and nothing else is done to counter racism.

It's not up to white people to tell black people how they should combat racism.

If a black player took the knee and a white player went up to him and told him to stop, then what?
It’s not racist for a white player to protest the taking of the knee; it’s as I said: that people like you will be at the ready to label him or her a racist if they do protest.

That’s exactly why I said it’s the black players that should take the lead.. indeed they then should make public precisely why they are not taking the knee. Were it me I would point out that we have a very able organisation “ kick-it-out” to highlight racism needing to be tackled in sport, and indeed in the world-so we do not need a foreign political entity hijacking our sport.

A white player that said the same and I know a very famous one- is not a racist.

It’s not racist for a white player to protest the taking of the knee; it’s as I said: that people like you will be at the ready to label him or her a racist if they do protest.

That’s exactly why I said it’s the black players that should take the lead.. indeed they then should make public precisely why they are not taking the knee. Were it me I would point out that we have a very able organisation “ kick-it-out” to highlight racism needing to be tackled in sport, and indeed in the world-so we do not need a foreign political entity hijacking our sport.

A white player that said the same and I know a very famous one- is not a racist.
You're putting words in my mouth.

I ask again, if a black player continues to take the knee as he/she sees value in it and a white player ''protests'' that to said black player, then what?

Who is in the right? The white player?

Sometimes, it's better to be lead than take the lead. Just like men should keep quiet when talking about abortion. As Chappelle said ''no vagina, no opinion''.

Someone who has never been subjected to racism should tell those who have how to protest it.

Tommy Robinson and Katie Hopkins say taking the knee is pointless. Are we to listen to them? No, of course we aren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom