Toro Rosso Leipzig vs Tottenham Hotspur (10/3/20) (20:00 ko)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The result was what I expected, but hoped the expectation was wrong.
We cannot perform with half a team, but we don't seem to have any "oomph" about us. We just seemed drained of any energy, ideas or commitment to the cause.
I don't know what the answer is, let's hope the coaching staff do!
Every sports analyst in europe had this pegged. It was close to a 20/1 on us winning. The "oomph" is also a german rock band so there is that.

Owner and CEO are not the same thing ... Levy is a minority shareholder not the owner ... as long as you see ENIC and Levy as one and the same we will have to agree to disagree.

I have no issue with ENIC taken us from mid-table to to six ... top twenty in Europe to top ten ... and 100m income to 500m income ....

As for Levy he's overseen off the field brilliantly, but on the field not so good ... now he has the money there are no more excuses but that only arrived last summer and we're still only ranked 5th, harping back to past failings fair enough, but what matters is the future not the past ... I agree with you that there are no more excuses however Liverpool, City, Utd, Woolwich and Chelsea all feel the same ... five can't win the league every year it's not that easy.
Ok. As you say agree to disagree. Time will tell. Let’s hope that those comments to the THST about the cut in budget in the summer is not a massive pre warning of little to come.

slightly off topic, today my Mrs was told her companies not reviewing pay in March as usual due to the ongoing world crisis. As soon as I heard that I thought “that’s a good one for Levy to try”. I am far too cynical.

anyway, as usual cheers for the debate.

Spurs lose to the team 3rd in Bundesliga without Kane, Son, Bergwijn, Sanchez, Sissoko, Davies.

Media - "Jose is finished, this team is done"

Liverpool lose to 6th placed Atletico Madrid with one injury.

Media - "Liverpool unlucky to lose, this isn't on Klopp. They win it with Allison in goal"

The Mourinho agenda is embarrassing.

Spurs lose to the team 3rd in Bundesliga without Kane, Son, Bergwijn, Sanchez, Sissoko, Davies.

Media - "Jose is finished, this team is done"

Liverpool lose to 6th placed Atletico Madrid with one injury.

Media - "Liverpool unlucky to lose, this isn't on Klopp. They win it with Allison in goal"

The Mourinho agenda is embarrassing.

The Mourinho agenda + the perpetual agenda they have against us.

Everyone knows Jose is doing shit at the moment. Really shit. Spurs fans know it and other club fans certainly know it.
He came in ready to save this team of players he loves. He's failing miserably so far.
New manager bounce lasted like 3 weeks.
And he's reached Jose year 3 in 3 months.

Don't give a fuck how many injuries you have, you have access to modern attacking premier league and international footballers. That's the whole fucking point he's paid so much. Or are we paying him to be a chequebook manager without a cheque?
Any old cunt could field a defensive team, have them get dominated and lose without creating much. I'd bet there's even cunts out there who could lose with some more style or even get something from games (you create chances you never know).
Does he get a free pass for half a season plus because he didn't get a pre season? Does this count as holiday pay then or what?

Cunt of a man and a cunt of a manager so far. Jokes about Dele's brother, grooming ball boys and pretending to be humble has worn old quickly. Embarassing watching our pathetic cowardly pussy setups. Rather a naive high press. Rather the diamond. Rather anything but this gutless strategy of playing like a pub team trying to nick a draw vs prime Barca. When we don't get that precious first goal we then look even more incompetent and neutered if that's possible.

Don't know what you are expecting from him.
Point to his trophies with other teams.
All done with lots of money and player talent, most of it done eons ago.

Key points:
Jose needs money and lots of it.

Jose needs very good attacking players who can create something out of nothing to compensate for his lack of coaching ability.

In general he needs a way better team than the rest of the league. This was better suited to before the league became tougher with TV money. Rise of City and Pool etc.

He needs other top teams in the league to not be so dominant. When everyone is shit you may be able to win the league with 87 points with defensive football and just relying on not making errors. These days you need 100+ points to challenge City and Pool. His chav sides inspire zero hope in that regard. Astonishingly retarded appointment.

Bet you cunts moaning about Poch's press saying we should simply sit back and counter now finally see it's not that simple or practical lol.
Poch aside, a progressive forward thinking coach is what we need.
With Levy being the greedy capitalist cunt that he is I'd even take a yes man who toes the line yet tries to play football over this past it prat. I sound harsh but I've had enough, Jose is happy to throw our players under the bus and constantly take the piss with his weak excuses. Outrageously paid Portugese Pulis yes man.

Excuse after excuse. Expectation lowering coward. Deflecting pussy. #FoundOut.

Levy has to sack and step down. Scumbags all round.

I don't think the manager ever gave the players the belief regardless of who is avaliable. Every week it is negative. Poch was at the club nearly 6 years I cant remember an example where the club was this negative. Apart from tanganga it was a team of Internationals. The main issue I have is if you are going to sack poch surely you bring in a manager with the same vision and philosophy..everything with jose seems forced and fake. Playing young players for one. The players aren't being coached. They have zero idea of patterns of play, transitions and team shape. It's a 4 then it's a 3 sometimes a 5. Because of such poor coaching we are being led up the garden path. Your telling me a good coach couldn't settle on a system regardless of personell. A philosophy what to do in and out of possession. His assistant looks like a drip. A young bloke he can walk all over. If hassenhutl farke Howe etc etc managers of small clubs were given lloris toby verts sanchez tanganga winks lo celso sess Ali moura lamela they would bite your arm off.
As much as I liked poch I got bored of his style of play passing it sideways and backwards and going nowhere just found it tedious.

Everyone knows Jose is doing shit at the moment. Really shit. Spurs fans know it and other club fans certainly know it.
He came in ready to save this team of players he loves. He's failing miserably so far.
New manager bounce lasted like 3 weeks.
And he's reached Jose year 3 in 3 months.

Don't give a fuck how many injuries you have, you have access to modern attacking premier league and international footballers. That's the whole fucking point he's paid so much. Or are we paying him to be a chequebook manager without a cheque?
Any old cunt could field a defensive team, have them get dominated and lose without creating much. I'd bet there's even cunts out there who could lose with some more style or even get something from games (you create chances you never know).
Does he get a free pass for half a season plus because he didn't get a pre season? Does this count as holiday pay then or what?

Cunt of a man and a cunt of a manager so far. Jokes about Dele's brother, grooming ball boys and pretending to be humble has worn old quickly. Embarassing watching our pathetic cowardly pussy setups. Rather a naive high press. Rather the diamond. Rather anything but this gutless strategy of playing like a pub team trying to nick a draw vs prime Barca. When we don't get that precious first goal we then look even more incompetent and neutered if that's possible.

Don't know what you are expecting from him.
Point to his trophies with other teams.
All done with lots of money and player talent, most of it done eons ago.

Key points:
Jose needs money and lots of it.

Jose needs very good attacking players who can create something out of nothing to compensate for his lack of coaching ability.

In general he needs a way better team than the rest of the league. This was better suited to before the league became tougher with TV money. Rise of City and Pool etc.

He needs other top teams in the league to not be so dominant. When everyone is shit you may be able to win the league with 87 points with defensive football and just relying on not making errors. These days you need 100+ points to challenge City and Pool. His chav sides inspire zero hope in that regard. Astonishingly retarded appointment.

Bet you cunts moaning about Poch's press saying we should simply sit back and counter now finally see it's not that simple or practical lol.
Poch aside, a progressive forward thinking coach is what we need.
With Levy being the greedy capitalist cunt that he is I'd even take a yes man who toes the line yet tries to play football over this past it prat. I sound harsh but I've had enough, Jose is happy to throw our players under the bus and constantly take the piss with his weak excuses. Outrageously paid Portugese Pulis yes man.

Excuse after excuse. Expectation lowering coward. Deflecting pussy. #FoundOut.

Levy has to sack and step down. Scumbags all round.

:pochcry:

The result was what I expected, but hoped the expectation was wrong.
We cannot perform with half a team, but we don't seem to have any "oomph" about us. We just seemed drained of any energy, ideas or commitment to the cause.
I don't know what the answer is, let's hope the coaching staff do!
Oomph comes from confidence. It’s hard to get back when you lose it. The manager can’t just shout “be more confident” and it returns.

Oomph comes from confidence. It’s hard to get back when you lose it. The manager can’t just shout “be more confident” and it returns.
No, but he can notice that the way he sets up his team doesn't help the situation. Stop using a back 5 and let the midfield stand a chance of competing. Repeating confidence busting tactics over and over is definitely not helping. Gotta change what's not working.

Back
Top Bottom