Tottenham’s Greatest Ever Striker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

JG’s record also includes 2 FA Cups, 1 European trophy and 2 Charity Shields.

HK could end up with a better record but we have to start delivering trophies.

Hard to look past Jimmy Greaves. Definitely a goal-scoring genius.

Look at his season by season record and it's just incredible. He's scoring 30+ goals a season as a teenager and maintains that for most of the 1960's. Can't think of anyone else that can match those numbers from such a young age.

Greaves

If he'd played for Spurs from the beginning, the mind boggles.

He scored 132 League goals in 169 games at a crap Chavs team. He was dropped in that sensational first season there (to stop it all going to his head!!). After 6 weeks, restored to the team, scored 4 goals in a 7-4 win.

A full career at WHL, he might well have got 400 league goals. That would put him way ahead of anyone else.

Can’t believe this lad hasn’t been given a mention 😂

Roman-Pavlyuchenko-1090065.jpg

Redknapp: “I signed this Russian lad Pavlyuchenko," said Redknapp. "I said to him, you need to start playing better or I will pull you off at half-time.”

Pavlyuchenko: “Fantastic, in Russia we only get an orange at half-time."

:harrylol:

Hard to look past Jimmy Greaves. Definitely a goal-scoring genius.

Look at his season by season record and it's just incredible. He's scoring 30+ goals a season as a teenager and maintains that for most of the 1960's. Can't think of anyone else that can match those numbers from such a young age.

Messi is the only one - and he's probably the best ever

Redknapp: “I signed this Russian lad Pavlyuchenko," said Redknapp. "I said to him, you need to start playing better or I will pull you off at half-time.”

Almost certainly never happened

a) because it was Rodney Marsh that used this joke about 30 years earlier
b) Pav needed a translator for everything

I remember reading about someone (Hoddle?) not a great goal scorer but a scorer of great goals.

Well, SuperPav's goals were some of the best I've ever seen. Greaves would always outscore him, but he'd never score those belters

Back
Top Bottom