Tottenham Boys - We Are Here

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Most people of our age always say the second division season was their favourite ever.

Used to see him a lot, always stood looking after him thinking, 'what did I just see?'
Donkey Jackets and monkey masks, fuck me the 2nd Division was fun. A great time to be a Spurs fan.

Did the '42' that season, went on K R's coaches for most of the games. We also got into quite a few home ends as well, great times.

Never into that side of the game.
Most people of our age always say the second division season was their favourite ever.
I was a boy but remember it well .
School diner money , paper round, holiday job, all cash was saved to go to some away games. Brighton away , Palace away both had there moments. There was something exciting being top dog .
Fashion wise the early casual crossed with a little status quo was a remarkable look popular on the terrace. Punk had hit surbia ( not the later comic version) , the terrace look was always conservative.
Like many soon Music , girls took over and football took a backseat for a while.

Didn't start going to away games until the 80s, but remember that season very well. Considering we were utterly devastated by relegation, we had a season of being at the top of the table and playing some great football. The emergence of Glenn helped the cause and The General started to mould the successful team of his tenure. Who can forget the 9-0 mauling of Bristol Rovers and that nail-biting 0-0 v Southampton? Promotion won on the last game of the season, by a goal difference of 9 - so us! If we hadn't bounced straight back........can't imagine where we would be now (stuff of nightmares!)

I did 41 of the 42, missed Orient away because of work. I knew a few of the chaps in the pictures and as i worked in the city at the time and me and Selwyn tried to get them stocked in the WH Smiths in Liverpool Street station to no avail. Just opposite the station is an arcade and a newsagent in there took 50 for which Selwyn gave me two copies free. Needless to say i join the long line of fans who lent their copies out never to be seen again. It was SP who got the reprints done around 10 years back but you couldn't beat an original copy. I am in the picture of the enclosure just behind Bulbous (rip) and GF but it's just the top of my head so no claim to fame there. I know Spurs shaker from years back as i recognised you from your photo (i didn't take the piss). Our support that season was on a different level especially away from home. Had some great times and still have my Keith Robbins travelling army (Jims coach) membership card somewhere. It was big step up from the wally club that's for sure. Anyone remember Herbies coach?

I did 41 of the 42, missed Orient away because of work. I knew a few of the chaps in the pictures and as i worked in the city at the time and me and Selwyn tried to get them stocked in the WH Smiths in Liverpool Street station to no avail. Just opposite the station is an arcade and a newsagent in there took 50 for which Selwyn gave me two copies free. Needless to say i join the long line of fans who lent their copies out never to be seen again. It was SP who got the reprints done around 10 years back but you couldn't beat an original copy. I am in the picture of the enclosure just behind Bulbous (rip) and GF but it's just the top of my head so no claim to fame there. I know Spurs shaker from years back as i recognised you from your photo (i didn't take the piss). Our support that season was on a different level especially away from home. Had some great times and still have my Keith Robbins travelling army (Jims coach) membership card somewhere. It was big step up from the wally club that's for sure. Anyone remember Herbies coach?

I have heard talk of Herbies coach but never went on it myself & don't really know anything about it. Robbins coaches are the stuff of legend.

Flav Flav Keith Robbins still goes to matches & is a mate of Norman Jay MBE (@NormanJayMBE) on Twitter. You could always try that avenue. An interview with KR would be a real coup & you would have a never ending stream of stories. Ask him about trying to take the Roker.....thankfully i was too young for the that one!

Any excuse to put up this tribute again

Sammy Skyves

geezers talk about spirit of 69
they never got a boot on the shelf side
heard about joe hawkins but them were lies
the king of the skins is sammy skyves
he done the north bank
he done the shed
he stuck a martin boot past your head
he's took your end he ain't nice
ever heard the name sammy skyves
oi oh well
sammy did you give them hell
do tell
can you hear the shelf still sing
it's rings
sammy they ask where are you now
do tell
made the front page and he made the books
face of north london no mob mistook
in the age of the skins there was only one name
that black lad sammy and his booted gang
he done the north bank
he done the shed
he stuck a martin boot past your head
he's took your end he ain't nice
ever heard the name sammy skyves

I was going to mark this a 'like', but the remark about the wally club didn’t go down well with me. Yes, I was a fully paid-up member from 1980 onwards, and I'm still friends with a lot of people I met on the trains back then. I still wear my SSC badge today. Happy days.

I have heard talk of Herbies coach but never went on it myself & don't really know anything about it. Robbins coaches are the stuff of legend.

Flav Flav Keith Robbins still goes to matches & is a mate of Norman Jay MBE (@NormanJayMBE) on Twitter. You could always try that avenue. An interview with KR would be a real coup & you would have a never ending stream of stories. Ask him about trying to take the Roker.....thankfully i was too young for the that one!
Yes, I've seen KR around at games, still looks quite fearsome, even though he was using a walking stick. I didn't know him but everyone knew who he was, his reputation went before him.

No link? Do you expect me to trawl through youtube to find it? Obviously a newcomer to this site.
;)
Mrs. P the name wally club was just an affectionate one. I too was a member from 1972 to 1980. Still got my card with all the yearly renewals glued in the back with 'ME' for Mary Elam written on it. Happy days indeed. As for pasting links??? I wouldn't have a clue. Nutter can probably oblige as he is more tech savvy than me!

46936970_2288052274546567_7333042718114840576_n.jpg

I am at the very back between the A & the M of 'Southampton'. Sorry for the rotation issue!

This photo must have been taken soon after the final whistle as it wasn't long before the fences got booted down and we all streamed onto the pitch. The Saints fans got on the pitch first and came down our end to give it the large one, but soon moved back as we leapt over the perimeter wall.

This photo must have been taken soon after the final whistle as it wasn't long before the fences got booted down and we all streamed onto the pitch. The Saints fans got on the pitch first and came down our end to give it the large one, but soon moved back as we leapt over the perimeter wall.

It was. That fence took the whole game to cut down :dembelelol:

Back
Top Bottom