Tottenham Boys - We Are Here

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Funny how these silly Euro firms show up now giving it the large, no sign of any of them back in the 70 s / 80s at the Lane, not one.
I was at the '74 UEFA Cup Final 1st leg at WHL. Was in the cage with my father. I do remember very clearly some Feyenoord fans throwing objects on to us from the seats above. People were going mad about it.
I saw some Dutch fans being set upon in Worcester Av. after the game.
Think this certainly set the trend for the 2nd leg.

I was at the '74 UEFA Cup Final 1st leg at WHL. Was in the cage with my father. I do remember very clearly some Feyenoord fans throwing objects on to us from the seats above. People were going mad about it.
I saw some Dutch fans being set upon in Worcester Av. after the game.
Think this certainly set the trend for the 2nd leg.
From the East upper ? :mourwhat:

I seem to remember a fella called Julian who was one of the Richmond boys (but fucked if I can remember any of the others), I was from Ham originally and knew a few of them, but moved and ended up knocking about with another bunch from other parts of Surrey (Walton, Adlestone, Staines, Wraysbury).

I'm pretty sure this was what he's talking about, I remember talking about it on SC about 5 years ago.....Edit....fuck me found the post of mine on SC from 2015:

Do you remember that West Ham fella who used to knock about in the early eighties? Sure his name was Jimmy Noble?

Yep, remember Jaws (Julian). I also know the Surrey boys very well. Jimmy Noble is still a regular over Spurs, was out of East London but was never West Ham, although I remember when Swallow and a few ICF turned up on his doorstep after we took a few liberties!

I seem to remember a fella called Julian who was one of the Richmond boys (but fucked if I can remember any of the others), I was from Ham originally and knew a few of them, but moved and ended up knocking about with another bunch from other parts of Surrey (Walton, Adlestone, Staines, Wraysbury).

I'm pretty sure this was what he's talking about, I remember talking about it on SC about 5 years ago.....Edit....fuck me found the post of mine on SC from 2015:

Do you remember that West Ham fella who used to knock about in the early eighties? Sure his name was Jimmy Noble?

Those 77-78 and 78-79 seasons there are very few firms that could live with Spurs.
agreed mate but early 80's also, the firm on the Kings road against Chelsea 82 when we ran them everywhere was a war machine, that was a proper Spurs mob to be reckoned with, a day when we all came together. I got to know some Chelsea blokes years after and they said that they were in the Black Bull and when they saw the mob we had outside they were shell shocked, jaws dropped to their knees. Even went as far as to say the best two firms ever to come to Stamford bridge were us in 82 on that day and the Pikeys from the East when they took the Shed 79? or around there.

Hello everyone

We're currently in the process of researching a film we plan to make about Tottenham Boys We Are Here.

We're looking for people to speak to who own a copy (ideally an original), and anyone who might have appeared in the book.

I realise this is a long shot as there was only a small run on the first version, and it was published 40 years ago.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Flav
Iv never had the pleasure of seeing this book but have seen plenty of pics on here + other places online.So did the author go to every game that season or just select games + are there write ups as well as pics? ...YIDS!

I did 41 of the 42, missed Orient away because of work. I knew a few of the chaps in the pictures and as i worked in the city at the time and me and Selwyn tried to get them stocked in the WH Smiths in Liverpool Street station to no avail. Just opposite the station is an arcade and a newsagent in there took 50 for which Selwyn gave me two copies free. Needless to say i join the long line of fans who lent their copies out never to be seen again. It was SP who got the reprints done around 10 years back but you couldn't beat an original copy. I am in the picture of the enclosure just behind Bulbous (rip) and GF but it's just the top of my head so no claim to fame there. I know Spurs shaker from years back as i recognised you from your photo (i didn't take the piss). Our support that season was on a different level especially away from home. Had some great times and still have my Keith Robbins travelling army (Jims coach) membership card somewhere. It was big step up from the wally club that's for sure. Anyone remember Herbies coach?
Only ever went on Herbies coach once. Wolves 1980 Easter time. I recollect Tiny being on our coach too. We were going to go with KR that day. But Herbie was setting off at a reasonable time, so at least we weren't going to miss most of the first half.

Back
Top Bottom