Tottenham Hotspur FC - Crystal Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No Doherty

No Davies

No Sissoko

Same team as Burnley plus Dele

Let’s make it 3 in a row!
I think Bale and Dele won't start this one.

Bale's started 2 in a row and Dele won't start 2 in a row.
I'd expect to see Moura and Lamela for those 2

And yes hopefully we get the first choice FB'S back playing.

Definitely want Aurier & Reguilon back.

Really worried that rest for Toby could mean a Dier/Sanchez pairing.
Agree fully.

Hopefully Aurier is fit as he wasn't pictured in training or in the squad.

I also have that worry at the back of my mind and any promise with our current CB partnership will dissapear because Dier gives 0 confidence to any backline

Agree fully.

Hopefully Aurier is fit as he wasn't pictured in training or in the squad.

I also have that worry at the back of my mind and any promise with our current CB partnership will dissapear because Dier gives 0 confidence to any backline
If Aurier is injured - hopefully none of that back 3 bullshit

Win and you can begin sniffing the top 4.

Spurs have to be favored to move up in the table -
3/7 - Tottenham vs Crystal Palace (34)
3/8 - West Ham vs Leeds (35)
3/8 - Chelsea vs Everton

Quite a tricky one this. I personally believe the Zagreb game is bigger.

Kane has played two in a row, and will definitely play v Zagreb since it is our home leg. He will also play v Woolwich. He isn't long back from those ankle knocks and could do with a rest...just something to think about.

Alderweireld prob needs a rest unless he misses out v Zagreb. Bale needs to miss one too.

HUGE week coming up, win v Palace is beautiful for a *chance* to get near top four. Zagreb is massive as we are at home first, need to dominate and its a winnable trophy in Jose book. Then we have the small matter of Woolwich which is always important.

Woolwich being the derby game aside, Zagreb is probably the biggest game "on paper" of the week. I think having home leg first, avoid away goals against and get a dominant win. Knowing Jose as a "winner" he probably gives 0 fucks about finishing 5th/6th when he knows we are joint best side left in Europa.

Seeing we *never* rest Kane or Son, I'd line up for Palace as; Lloris, Doherty, Dier, Sanchez, Regiullon, Hojberg, Ndombele, Lucas, Lamela, Son, Kane.

Give Aurier, Alli, Bale starts v Zagreb & Woolwich.

Rather Jose than me!

Last edited:
I think Bale and Dele both start as they were bought off on the early yesterday. Alderweireld is my only worry, but I think Mourinho will be desperate to keep continuity at centre half.

Lloris
Aurier - Sanchez - Alderweireld - Reguilon
Ndombele - Hojbjerg
Bale - Dele - Son
Kane​

I think Bale and Dele both start as they were bought off on the early yesterday. Alderweireld is my only worry, but I think Mourinho will be desperate to keep continuity at centre half.

Lloris
Aurier - Sanchez - Alderweireld - Reguilon
Ndombele - Hojbjerg
Bale - Dele - Son
Kane​
Like this but doubt Bale and Dele both start, think we'll see Sissoko and Moura feature again. Would love for PEH to get a rest, he looks knackered.

Back
Top Bottom