Tottenham Hotspur FC - Man City Mercenaries

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ArcspacE

ENIC OUT NOW !!! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Man City would play 2 games before arriving at WHL next Wednesday for a mouth-watering encounter.

We rest for 10 days following our FA Cup 3rd round exit

I think we need to opt for 5 in the middle again and try to suffocate their immense physical presence

Capoue / Sandro in for Bentaleb

Verts for Dawson

Lamela / Townsend in for Chadli

Rest of the team picks themselves, really

[formation="4123, Lloris, Walker, Chiriches, Vertonghen, Rose, Sandro, Eriksen, Dembele, Lennon, Bad Ade, Lamela"][/formation]

UjdrZkZNM2ZjM1kx_o_referee-and-kolarov-funny-moment---liverpool-vs-.jpg

spurs2_1630347c.jpg

bale-main_1714638a.jpg

daniel-levy.jpg

funny-dog-pictures-brakes-fail-bulldog.jpg

Lets' go and smash these mercenary twats

2:1

COYS

Cant-Smile-Without-You-Tottenham.jpg

The system we played yesterday is the system we need for the Man City game.

This is one of the few occasions at home where tims 4-4-2 is a no no.
I wonder If he played it yesterday at Swansea as a test run for Man City.

Confidence is very high and we can get something out of this game..

The system we played yesterday is the system we need for the Man City game.

This is one of the few occasions at home where tims 4-4-2 is a no no.
I wonder If he played it yesterday at Swansea as a test run for Man City.

Confidence is very high and we can get something out of this game..
yep. i think the team tim will put out might be something like this

Lloris
Walker - Dawson - Vertonghen - Rose
Sandro
Lennon - Bentaleb - Dembele - Eriksen
Adebayor

Would opt for Holtby, Sandro and Vertinghen to replace Chadli, Bentalab and Chiriches if all 3 fit.
Prob rate Vlad more than Daws but thought hes looked off the boil last couple of outings and Dawson has a lot more experience playing with Jan.
Lamela and/or Townsend to be used to stretch the game as we enter last half hour.
One advantage of getting hammered last time against them is it takes the pressure off a little.

I really doubt we would play Vertonghen against man City in his first game back in a long time.

Lloris
Walker Dawson Vlad Rose
Lennon Dembele Benteleb Eriksen
Siggs
Ade

This is the team I could see us play and I really hope we don't.

yep. i think the team tim will put out might be something like this

Lloris
Walker - Dawson - Vertonghen - Rose
Sandro
Lennon - Bentaleb - Dembele - Eriksen
Adebayor

Daws.. the passion! Love it but.... Citeh... noooo! Aguero/Dzeko/Negredo must LOL when he sees he is up against Daws. Love the main.. proper Spurs, but Vlad and Verts for me. :dawsonmean:

Man City have two games before our game against them..

They have a real toughie against West Ham, it will be hard protecting a mere 6 goal advantage.. Then an FaCup tie at home to Watford.. I can only assume that most first teamers will be rested in these games but here's hoping they play a full strength team and all get injured.

Is it too much to ask West Ham to crock Toure, Negredo and Aguero for just long enough to miss our match....

It would mean Spam playing well and putting in some tackles, which as the league shows, they are not capable..

Their players will got nowhere near any of them unfortunately, plus I'd imagine all of them will stay at home..

Nice thought though.

The fact Man City play 'two' games before we play them is kinda skewed... as I imagine they could probably field their U-11's Ladies team against West Ham and still come away with a creditable 0-1 defeat that won't get anywhere near the S-E-V-EN they'd need to concede!

...and I can't imagine too many of the first team being selected to play Watford at home in the FA-aaakin' Cup at the weekend either, so believe you me... their first team will be as 'rested' as our first team come Wednesday week!!

Is it too much to ask West Ham to crock Toure, Negredo and Aguero for just long enough to miss our match....

Ha-ha-ha-ha-haaaa!

They'd have to drive up to the Cheshire countryside, break into their homes and kick them in the nuts as they watch the game on TV from the luxury of their sofas...
...like ANY of them will be within 300 miles of Upton park this week!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

Back
Top Bottom