Tottenham Hotspur FC - Man City Mercenaries

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its funny, I fully expected us to lose last night so went in to the game completely relaxed. I figured if we got a point or three it would just be a total bonus.

How naive I was.

How fucking sad are some people - that they use a loss to possibly the best side in the world (certainly top 3) to either hobbyhorse their irrational dislike for the manager, individual players or the board of the club?
We don't get to compete with clubs like city, because they are no longer city - they are Middle East Oil United, playing in our league.
Deal with it, and be thankful you support a team at the top of the premier, and not Accrington Stanley or Worksop Town.
Some of you need to grow up.

Nail on head. Some of the posts on here are plain embarrassing. We are playing in a 36,000 stadium without oil money. It's that simple you thick fuckwits. I remember when we was mid table shite (True mid table - not what some of you plastics talk about nowadays) and im only 22.

Truly pathetic some of our "Fans" meltdowns after we lose.

See you all soon whoever is going to Dagenham, can't wait for a real football day out experience. These 1882/U21 games are fast becoming more enjoyable than the "Real thing"..

:memeokay:

Beat by the team that will win the league and perhaps more. No big deal. Few decisions made the score line worse that perhaps it would have been.

Yeah performance was poor, however we are exactly where we should be in the league. Fighting for 4th against the likes of Liverpool, Everton and Untied.

Each game is 3 points, Hull next. Hopefully a win.

I think it was a 50/50 tackle - but it probably looked worse form the side (seeing that the lino gave it anyway!) - and such 50/50 decisions more often than not go against us

Felt gutted for Rose - you could see he was shattered, especially since he was up to then probably our best performer.

Hope we appeal
We should appeal if the FA has any morality they will take away his ban, until we start using video tecnology to help refs in key moments and also start retrospectivley punishing cheating players with 3 game bans (Aguero on Dawson) poor decision will always litter the game. I don't expect any of this because the F.A is a bunch of wankers who live in a different time. Your right though, I was worried about Rose but he was very good to be fair.

Beat by the team that will win the league and perhaps more. No big deal. Few decisions made the score line worse that perhaps it would have been.

Yeah performance was poor, however we are exactly where we should be in the league. Fighting for 4th against the likes of Liverpool, Everton and Untied.

Each game is 3 points, Hull next. Hopefully a win.
Its very hard to judge the performance/score as Man City are in the Munich/Barca class of teams and put at least 4 past almost everyone they play, I thought we were hesitant for the first 25 mins but towards the end of the first half we were matching them. Then of course the mickey Mouse decision comes early in the second and its lights out, without it I would have expected a 2-0, 3-1 defeat, it just made a close defeat turn into a thrashing. I just hope the players can forget about it and remeber that we don't have to play City again.

I this some sort of joke. This is the first game we've lost in the PL since Tim took over.

Fuck me, It's like people have never seen us lose before. It wasn't great, but playing a half with 10 men, against City, with their current form, it was only going to go one way.

On to Hull. 3 points. Happy days.

This place will be ridiculous / hilarious if we lose, however.

Could be worse, we could all be a part of the much more fickle sites like SC & Glory-Glory. They have cretins on a richter scale.

http://spurscommunity.co.uk/index.php?threads/enic.106389/
http://spurscommunity.co.uk/index.php?threads/bumping-into-walker.106413/ (digs at Sherwood)
http://spurscommunity.co.uk/index.php?threads/sherwood-out.105259/page-140
http://spurscommunity.co.uk/index.php?threads/is-daniel-levy-holding-tottenham-back.99342/page-41

I really should keep off Spurs forums if I am to keep liking Spurs fans..

Could be worse, we could all be a part of the much more fickle sites like SC & Glory-Glory. They have cretins on a richter scale.

http://spurscommunity.co.uk/index.php?threads/enic.106389/
http://spurscommunity.co.uk/index.php?threads/bumping-into-walker.106413/ (digs at Sherwood)
http://spurscommunity.co.uk/index.php?threads/sherwood-out.105259/page-140
http://spurscommunity.co.uk/index.php?threads/is-daniel-levy-holding-tottenham-back.99342/page-41

I really should keep off Spurs forums if I am to keep liking Spurs fans..

Haha! This thought runs through my head every single time I log on.

Those links are such a joke. I don't know if the thread was started in jest, but 'Sherwood OUT' now has 141 pages of replies. Absolute clowns.

:paulinhofacepalm:

We should appeal if the FA has any morality they will take away his ban, until we start using video tecnology to help refs in key moments and also start retrospectivley punishing cheating players with 3 game bans (Aguero on Dawson) poor decision will always litter the game. I don't expect any of this because the F.A is a bunch of wankers who live in a different time. Your right though, I was worried about Rose but he was very good to be fair.
Aguero's pathetic attempt to get Dawson sent off was really something else - you could see it in his eyes.

Manchester City's accounts revealed the club spent £639,000 per day on employee wages during 2012-13.

233.235 Million pounds a year
Lets hope those poor bastards in UAE revolt and take back their stolen oil money and liquidate those City bastards!!

Lets hope those poor bastards in UAE revolt and take back their stolen oil money and liquidate those City bastards!!
UAE is not doing as well as it was and the great American shale revolution is destroying OPEC, the price of oil is coming down and will probably continue, hopefully UAE's owners will start being more frugal. I suppose at least in the mean time its stops the scum being top of the league.

Pretty sure Capoue is 100% fit but Sherwood clearly doesn't rate him so leaves him out. Sandro just returning I believe, wouldn't have risked him. but even so, should've had a 3-man midfield rather than Eriksen as an AM because it just left 4 players isolated up top. Lennon and Sigurdsson barely even touched the ball did they?

Yeah I agree that against a team like City you need a 'destroyer' midfielder to win the ball, perhaps even 2. Yes Eriksen had no service at all and needed to be supplied. I think 3 across the middle suits us if our full backs attack down each flank, which Rose seemed to do last night. Thought most of our attacking threat came from him.

My observations-
1. City are amazing. Seriously- if I could assemble a team and money was no option- that's how I'd do it. Well done to them. I think, if Agueros fit, they'll thump barca.

2. There were two decisions on a knifes edge- both those decisions went against us (I feel incorrectly) That is frustrating- it's like we are visitors at home. The sending off killed off the game. Not as bad as Mido against Chelsea, but pretty bad.

3. The pub yesterday in NYC was mental. You'd have thought we won 5-1

4. Filth aren't on top. Neither is Chelsea. Not the worst thing for me.

5. I love Capoue

6. I'm hungover and now going back to bed.

Another thing that really fucked me off about this game was 3 cunts about my age who I nicknamed "Gangstaaar squad" - (Tracksuit bottoms down to their ankles and hoods)

Walked into my local (Lincoln Arms in Bush Hill) which is 90% Spurs, no exaggeration, and is a fairly rough type of place.
They gave it large the whole match about how shit we were (Loudly) and how much City deserved everything they got. The penalty one of them loudly proclaimed "It was deserved, fuck offf"

All of them had local London accents (With a slight twinge of cunt)...

Now these lads would never have supported city five years ago. I so badly wanted to either clump one of them or ask them to name their old ground which they moved from. Got a special dislike for city fans and wiggers.

Seriously-those decisions- the lineOs insticts were obviously against us. Not saying it would have made a difference, but you never know about these things. 1-1 is different than 1-0 2-0 with 10 men is different than 1-0 with 11. Critical fuck ups by the cunt in black.

Yeah I agree that against a team like City you need a 'destroyer' midfielder to win the ball, perhaps even 2. Yes Eriksen had no service at all and needed to be supplied. I think 3 across the middle suits us if our full backs attack down each flank, which Rose seemed to do last night. Thought most of our attacking threat came from him.

I really feel like we miss Scotty P this season, for this reason. Some might not like him, but he's a "throw your face in the way" kind of player who tracks back to the goal line if needed. Shit attacking player, but great all-heart hero.

:parker:

Back
Top Bottom