Tottenham Hotspur FC v ACF Fiorentina UEFA Europa League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it's finally time to put that one to bed now...
We've FINALLY actually moved on!

He is no longer the catalyst for where it all went wrong... we don't have to blame him anymore.

We've turned a corner, and left that sad, sour episode behind.

I'm only looking forward to our great future, not staying bitter at (a brief time in) our past.
Sol is dead to me. I'm sure he's happy enough sitting in his plush seat at the Emirates, taking selfies, whilst watching Barca re-create the darkest moment from his 'Chosen path' ... good for him, 'cos he won't be welcome back to The Lane to revel in our long awaited success he chose to leave behind.
Believe me, I will always be bitter, and I don't care who knows, however as you say, we have moved on. We have a team to be proud of, and the future is incredibly bright. He had the opportunity to be like Ledley and chose to be remembered as a backstabbing hypocritical lying fuckknuckle. that's his perogative and he loves the animosity. lets just forget him now and not give him the attention he craves and put the attention onto the people who deserve it. Those who have given us our best season in years.

Honestly , i think we are at the moment. If we field our strongest team against theirs then the difference is going to be very small. Apart from the top 4 teams in Europe, i really do believe that we are on par with everyone else.

But we won't field our strongest team.

Alli is suspended and Jan is injured. Kane and Dier can't play every single game.

I dunno, I'm dubious. This is probably the best team we've played in 3-4 years.

Sosa joins Flores in the Spurs appreciation society...
"I believe that Spurs are in the top five in Europe at the moment in terms of their ability, their intensity and the quality of their play. After the second goal we found it extremely difficult. They were putting us under pressure. We weren't able to slow the game down against a team who maintain a high intensity. We weren't able to match their intensity the longer the game went on."

I still think a lot of teams underestimate us just by looking at our line up as opposed to looking at how we play. It's the reason we've been under the radar all season.

Feels good getting all the praise.

But we won't field our strongest team.
I dunno, I'm dubious. This is probably the best team we've played in 3-4 years.

....and the other way of looking at it, is that we are probably the best Spurs team that anyone has faced in the last 5-6 years! Time for the opposition to start fearing us for once! ...think on that sunshine!

I still think a lot of teams underestimate us just by looking at our line up as opposed to looking at how we play. It's the reason we've been under the radar all season.

I wish this was the case Totti, Man United are getting ALL the praise, and that's fine

The kid who scored for them night is being hailed as the new Ruud Van Nistelrooy, and its not even a joke. They interviewed his youth club teacher for 15 mins after the game on radio 5 last night, nothing about us, not even an interview with Poch, sick shit

How did they have that guy ready to go so quick? usual media paid for by united, fuck it we'll win the title in our way and they can do a 15 part series now on United vs Liverpool for the next round - wankers

I wish this was the case Totti, Man United are getting ALL the praise, and that's fine

The kid who scored for them night is being hailed as the new Ruud Van Nistelrooy, and its not even a joke. They interviewed his youth club teacher for 15 mins after the game on radio 5 last night, nothing about us, not even an interview with Poch, sick shit

How did they have that guy ready to go so quick? usual media paid for by united, fuck it we'll win the title in our way and they can do a 15 part series now on United vs Liverpool for the next round - wankers
That's great though, keeps us off the radar.

Agree. We are all about closing down on the ball and playing physical. Good coaching and a bunch of young players willing to leave it all on the pitch have allowed for this. I still don't think we're are top 4 in quality (with the exception of a few; Alli, Toby, Hugo, Eriksen) but no doubt, we are as a unit with the current mind set. We've managed to put together a team where the players are in the "sweet spot" of their carreers. Young, talented, but still hungry and not cynical.

Hope it last forever.

COYS!!!

That's great though, keeps us off the radar.

Oh totally, I thank Leicester for that too but at least they have earned it, I am just sick of the Man U shite, on a night where we got the much better result you know? The game with Liverpool build up will be unbearable....

Oh totally, I thank Leicester for that too but at least they have earned it, I am just sick of the Man U shite, on a night where we got the much better result you know? The game with Liverpool build up will be unbearable....

good, let it. The media will inadvertently be putting immense pressure on them both!

I for one think it's a brilliant tie. We have to beat the best to be the best. Matches like this will come every week in the Champions League so this will really test our credentials.

We have a squad capable of beating Dortmund and I think it'll be the tie of the tournament.

Sosa joins Flores in the Spurs appreciation society...
"I believe that Spurs are in the top five in Europe at the moment in terms of their ability, their intensity and the quality of their play. After the second goal we found it extremely difficult. They were putting us under pressure. We weren't able to slow the game down against a team who maintain a high intensity. We weren't able to match their intensity the longer the game went on."
TOP FIVE!!!
:kanehand:

63234733.jpg

Back
Top Bottom