Tottenham Hotspur FC vs Sunderland FC 7/4/14 @8PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And well done Tim for making a decent stab at a proper English salute, and furthermore I don't care if he had a cocked wrist, at least he didn't stick his thumb out. I've seen plenty of Rodney's make a worse job after being in for ten years.

who cares about the Englishness of his salute?
who are you the Bermudian horatio nelson?
don't you have some merchant ships to plunder mate ?
#ITK
have just unearthed this picture of mick cooper

I had a ticket for last nights game and sent it back in a huff in disgust at recent performances.............SPURSY, missed the biggest home win in two years...........#true fan.

Did someone say ..... 0 GOAL DIFFERENCE!!!

243559.gif

One of the best gifs I've ever seen haha

#ITK
Is this the sum total of your attempt at humour?
I bet there must be queues round the fucking block to listen in to your whacky, rib tickling comedy routines. I'm glad I had my corset on, or my sides would have surely split.
How can I compete with gems of this quality? its like being foolish enough to take on Billy Connolly, Eddie Izzard and Frankie Boyle all at once.
Oh no - my mistake, I meant the Krankies

My six year old is funnier than you.

Is this the sum total of your attempt at humour?
I bet there must be queues round the fucking block to listen in to your whacky, rib tickling comedy routines. I'm glad I had my corset on, or my sides would have surely split.
How can I compete with gems of this quality? its like being foolish enough to take on Billy Connolly, Eddie Izzard and Frankie Boyle all at once.
Oh no - my mistake, I meant the Krankies

My six year old is funnier than you.

mick you couldn't laugh if eddy murphy was standing in front of you re-enacting delirious.
cheer up mate its not all doom and gloom

#ITK

Twenty years in the Bermudan army reserves gives you a third leg like that!:coys:

stop trying to guess who I am and what motivates me, you know nothing about me - and you prove it with posts like that.

I don't have to guess mate...I just read the droll you post on here regularly...
super critical of us the supporters, can never hear anything bad about the team, always playing forum police...always acting the proper cunt...
and tbh im happy I don't know you from a bar of soap because from what I do know we wouldn't get along...
as I said before cheer up mate, bit of banter, you call me a cunt I do the same we all have a laugh...

Not read through all of the above because I can guess how the conversation is going...

I was at the game last night and watched us beat a very, very poor team convincingly in the second half. As we should do.

If I was going to sum up the overall performance though the word I would use is Polyfiller. Sunderland's ineptitude covered up a lot of cracks on our part and they made us look far better than we actually were. That's not to deflect from a performance where we got the job done and some individuals were excellent, that Eriksen chap looks alright doesn't he.... It also shows that we have got the makings of a great team in there, given the right approach and setting the right expectations.

The tactics last night were baffling to me but then I'm not a manager. Appeared to be more of the 'run around a bit' variety than the strategic. Kaboul getting down the right-wing because Lennon was busy in just outside the middle of the box, for example. No Sandro again...I find that strange.

Great to see us bang five past a team and nicely gets us back up to 0 Goal difference. Overall with everything that has gone on this season last night just felt 'meh'. I wanted to feel more engaged but we're not making it easy...

I cringed hard at the salute but fuck it he and Adebayor have a rapport so I don't begrudge him that too much either.

Now, if he can leave in a few games without being a dick about it I'll be happy to tip my hat before giving him the finger

If we're talking cringeworthy goal celebrations, at least Ade didn't COPYRIGHT it!!

bale_heart.jpg

Oh, and airbrush himself doing it!!

Let's not forget even Liverpool, that has scored 90 goals this season, struggled badly against Sunderland less than 10 days ago. Sunderland were pretty unlucky to not hold the scousers to a tie at Anfield.

5-1 is a great fucking result and that's it. It was a great relief to see us firing in the second half. Why not enjoy life a bit while we can?

I am surprised how negative so many people are about the result. It is not complicated what Sherwood does; if you let players go out an play freely against worse players they will win. Conversely you will lose against better players.
We won 5-1 and probably could have won 10-1. Kane and Eriksen were immense, Rose appears to be making more and more mistakes. I will admit it was an odd game, one that was very similar to the Southampton and Newcastle games in fact. We didn't look in control but thrashed them. The person who sits in front who leaves on 80 mins every game, left on 75 mins this time, managing to miss 3 goals.

I don't have to guess mate...I just read the droll you post on here regularly...
super critical of us the supporters, can never hear anything bad about the team, always playing forum police...always acting the proper cunt...
and tbh im happy I don't know you from a bar of soap because from what I do know we wouldn't get along...
as I said before cheer up mate, bit of banter, you call me a cunt I do the same we all have a laugh...
I don't have to call you a cunt
Droll enough for you?

Given the quality of your normal posts, I wouldn't be surprised if you thought banter was an African language

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom