Tottenham Hotspur feat 1882 v Tax Dodgers United (Monaco)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

163563561.gif

He got a hat-trick you fucking moron baby.

All 3 at our end pleb. It was lovely. Take your shit sarcasm elsewhere.

Thanks mate: Appreciated that!

No worries. You cunt me off and I'll come back.

Your not worth the salt Joe, onto ignore!

Go for it mate. I'm pretty sure you ignoring me will break me. Some advice. Either be funny, or interesting. We both know you've never been either. Turncoat cunt.

How's the job search going ? Any feelers ?

....and even in victory, some people still can't resist having a row!!!

What we gotta do to lighten this place up for some of you?????

Have a coupla silly smilies yer miserable gits!

:pritchardeyes::pochrolleyes::allitongue::eriksenlol::lameladisgust::sonlol:

Just in.

How bloody good were we tonight? Absolutely buzzing about what is developing at spurs. With a little more incesion in the first half we would have been five or six up. We stepped off it a little in the second half and the little winger they brought on looks a good player but on the whole that was more than comfortable.

Positives for me - Omanah, Njie, Carroll, none of them looked out of place. Lamela hat trick, Wimmer was class at the back and great to see chadli and bentelab returning.

The only negatives for me was Son was wasteful at times. I don't mean to be too critical but he needs to work on doing the basics, because when he does, we score goals. His first touch was sloppy at times but I like his attitude, like lamela he grafts for the team.

Surely that's it for Townsend? Unused sub again.

Oh and the ref was utter dog shit. Everytime a Monaco player went down he could not wait to whistle. Pathetic performance.

Hopefully a good draw on Monday awaits.

Good summary, agree with all of that.

We made it look easy... which is surely the hallmark of a strong, settled group of players... who all know their individual roles, plus appreciate the work ethic of helping out the team as a whole.

This Poch guy is alright, ain't he?!
:pochsmirk:

Big Clint was excellent today same as little Tommy Carrol. I'm very curious about Bentaleb now that he's back. I wonder how he will fit into things.

First glance he wasn't great. gave away a few silly passes and tried to do complex stuff when it wasn't needed. That said that flick over the Monaco player was pure sex. I prefer Dier in that role as he isn't a fancy player, just gets the job done, which has been noted everywhere.
Sure it was first game back nerves for Bentaleb and he'll come good again, although how he will get into the team currently is a mystery

Son has had his critics on here for some aspects of his game last night but I was heartened to see him exploiting the space between the Monaco midfield and defense. Quiet a few times he found space to receive a pass in that dangerous area where he could turn to run at the back 4. what he did with that possession is up for debate, but we need more that especially because poch likes us to play out of defense.

Watched game in Cyprus hotel in between throwing up after a dodgy kebab!

Delighted with team performance and result.

So many good things already mentioned but especially pleased for Coco and I'm glad we've kept the faith with him.

He will only improve and next season when the title will be a reality with this side, he can be one of our all time greats!

Son did come in for a bit of stick which you could argue was justified when he blazed over twice when team mates were in a better position but I thought he played well overall and his 'killer' pass to Coco for his third was sublime!

Loved Onomah, shame no goal but it will come.

Even liked Trippier who had a good game apart from the 10-15 min spell around their goal when we wobbled a bit!

Great stuff all round but is there a main channel without any arrogant ex bin dippers?
They are really pissing me off with their grudging praise!

:angryscouser:

Sounds bizarre, can't imagine 4 Spurs fans waiting outside West Ham after West Ham play a European tie.
It's difficult enough to imagine West Ham having a European tie.
Anyone know what the attendance was? Seemed almost full. Impressive. I'd love to see what (actual, not tickets sold) attendance the goons would get for an EL tie when the team was already qualified.

Wimmer needs to do a little bit more cardio for real though. Looking a little hefty. haha
A lot less hefty than when he first came though. When he gets down to optimum weight he will probably start a few more games.
Toby is the anchor imo, that and he's the right footed CB. Had a really good game yesterday. We may have a problem if he's out with two natural LF CB's.
Could see Dier and Wimmer paired up.

It's difficult enough to imagine West Ham having a European tie.
Anyone know what the attendance was? Seemed almost full. Impressive. I'd love to see what (actual, not tickets sold) attendance the goons would get for an EL tie when the team was already qualified.

I think I saw 34,100 ish go on the screen at one point mate. Seemed pretty packed.

9GE5AgQ.jpg

"Harry! Give us a wave, Harry Harry give us a wave"

Top night, nice one #1882

COYS
Looking at that picture reminds me how much I'm going to miss WHL when it goes. It's almost got the intimacy of an indoor arena and we've got it properly buzzing again. Tears falling as I type...

I
Looking at that picture reminds me how much I'm going to miss WHL when it goes. It's almost got the intimacy of an indoor arena and we've got it properly buzzing again. Tears falling as I type...
l was saying to my mate last night, 'I'm really going to miss this place when it's gone'.

I

l was saying to my mate last night, 'I'm really going to miss this place when it's gone'.
I've started taking shed loads of pictures every match now, even of the simplest thing. I have a ST in the South Upper, but am using cup games to capture the view and memories of other areas.This place has been such a home to me over the past 25-30 years, providing comfort and distraction through bad times and pure ecstasy through some good times too... and it will just be very, very strange when it's gone.

Back
Top Bottom