Tottenham Hotspur Legends v Bayern Munich Legends

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

[formation=442, Robbo, Ziege, King, Dawson, Tarrico, Anderton, Hoddle, Hazard, Ginola, Keane, Berbatov][/formation]

Subs: Walker, Dominguez, Howells, Edinburgh, Naybet, Rocket Ronnie, Barmby, klinsmann, teddy, tainio,
isn't Daws still playing at Forest? Shame if so as would love to see the King/Daws pairing one more time.....

Much as I would love a side to look close to that, this was the legends squad that played end of season down at Hastings:

Tottenham Hotspur Legends squad: Mark Falco, David Howells, Gareth Howells (gk), Darren Anderton, John Lacy, Justin Edinburgh, Paul McVeigh, Gary Doherty, Stuart Nethercott, Tony Galvin, Andy Sinton, Chris Perry, David Kerslake, Kevin Watson, Luke Young, Steve Clemence.

And yes, Gareth Howells (as a former youth player) gets the call up because of his brother

am kinda hoping the club have something a bit more special for this than some of the late 80s/early 90s squad players plus a lot of the bad memories of the mid-late 90s....

Yes the official "Spurs Legends" that does the circuit playing local charity matches isn't really packed with legends. Be interesting to see if this keeps that squad or moves more towards the Ledley King Testimonial style with some "bigger" names.

isn't Daws still playing at Forest? Shame if so as would love to see the King/Daws pairing one more time.....

Much as I would love a side to look close to that, this was the legends squad that played end of season down at Hastings:

Tottenham Hotspur Legends squad: Mark Falco, David Howells, Gareth Howells (gk), Darren Anderton, John Lacy, Justin Edinburgh, Paul McVeigh, Gary Doherty, Stuart Nethercott, Tony Galvin, Andy Sinton, Chris Perry, David Kerslake, Kevin Watson, Luke Young, Steve Clemence.

And yes, Gareth Howells (as a former youth player) gets the call up because of his brother

am kinda hoping the club have something a bit more special for this than some of the late 80s/early 90s squad players plus a lot of the bad memories of the mid-late 90s....

There's a difference between a match down at Hastings and playing at the NWHL. Think there might be one or two big names included.

There's a difference between a match down at Hastings and playing at the NWHL. Think there might be one or two big names included.

Thing is though as the older LEGENDS continue to age, it's inevitable the younger (lesser) 'legends' will take their place for such events....

Be nice to see the likes of VDV, Jenas, Daws, Hudd, Crouchy and others in the mix though over the coming years...

Thing is though as the older LEGENDS continue to age, it's inevitable the younger (lesser) 'legends' will take their place for such events....

Be nice to see the likes of VDV, Jenas, Daws, Hudd, Crouchy and others in the mix though over the coming years...
Personally I'd love to see Keano. Daws/Hudd/Crouch are all unlikely considering that they're still signed to Championship clubs. VDV possibly could make it, seems like he's a free agent at the moment. Jenas is possible I guess. Maybe even Carrick? United could give him the day off as it's the day after a match for them.

Personally I'd love to see Keano. Daws/Hudd/Crouch are all unlikely considering that they're still signed to Championship clubs. VDV possibly could make it, seems like he's a free agent at the moment. Jenas is possible I guess. Maybe even Carrick? United could give him the day off as it's the day after a match for them.

Hense I said "over the coming years"...

I think it's safe to say Carrick is considered one of 'theirs' at this point....

[formation="442, Sullivan, Kerslake, Campbell, Mabizela, Tramezzani, Bentley, Ghaly, Taarabt, Reid, Zamora, Raziak"][/formation]

Let's have it Giovane Elber, Paulo Sergio, Zé Roberto, Luca Toni and Ivica Olic!

Anyone know why we would choose Bayern as our opponents? Surely a match between our legends and Woolwich bellends would have been a great spectacle?
I don't want them anywhere NEAR our new place until absolutely necessary, and the fixture list tells us we have to!

Besides, imagine THEY won?
Their online obaessed 'fanbase' would probacly start a petition to rename it the Liam Brady/Ray Parlour Arena... or whoever else plays!

Back
Top Bottom