Tottenham Hotspur Legends v Bayern Munich Legends

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

isn't Daws still playing at Forest? Shame if so as would love to see the King/Daws pairing one more time.....

Much as I would love a side to look close to that, this was the legends squad that played end of season down at Hastings:

Tottenham Hotspur Legends squad: Mark Falco, David Howells, Gareth Howells (gk), Darren Anderton, John Lacy, Justin Edinburgh, Paul McVeigh, Gary Doherty, Stuart Nethercott, Tony Galvin, Andy Sinton, Chris Perry, David Kerslake, Kevin Watson, Luke Young, Steve Clemence.

And yes, Gareth Howells (as a former youth player) gets the call up because of his brother

am kinda hoping the club have something a bit more special for this than some of the late 80s/early 90s squad players plus a lot of the bad memories of the mid-late 90s....
Truth is... until the 2008 & 2010 'vintage' squads came along, you're going back to 1991 before you find any 'modern' Spurs legends...
We were pretty woeful for almost 20 years!

Preston would have been good, given the kit connection.
I was thinking something along those "historical" lines too...
Woulda been nice to invite Notts County along...
The first game at the Lane to mark its opening was a friendly against Notts County on 4 September 1899, with around 5,000 supporters attending, generating a gate receipt of £115
...though I realise they don't quite have the pulling power of Bayern these days!
Maybe our respective Youth teams could've had a kick about... for old times' sake!

Last edited:
1882 1882 Totally agree. It's more that the members of the 91 winning team (Howells aside) in that Hastings match were not remotely inspiring.

Will see what they roll out for the match, as soon as the tix are on sale I will be buying whoever the squad is, so bring on Rasiak, Doherty and Judas for that feel good feeling :D

Back
Top Bottom