Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Every team has to cope with injuries - and hang on mate where have I said we’re going out? I’ve only commented on our safety first football. Clearly other people have their own opinions, but this isn’t the Tottenham I’ve grown to love.

Didn't suggest you said we were " going out" mate. It was only my opinion that at 0-1, we are a still a shot.
I understand your point re "safety first " football. It was a disappointing result, and yes all teams have to deal with injuries, as you rightly said, but I think this season we have lost key players at crucial stages, and simply dont have the depth to cover those.

Anyway, been a long day here, so onwards to Bournemouth and 3 points.. I hope :)

Bloody hell. 57 varieties 57 varieties - the beer drinking sperm has joined in. You want to go around beating people up because you don’t like them? I’m guessing you’d run a mile from the nasty little fuckers with their AUS8 blades.

Oh what a night............... although not the “half time” result we hoped for.

But 3 games left.

3 wins and we finish 3rd and potentially qualify for the CL final if we score enough goals in Amsterdam - which this team is capable of.

If someone had of offered me that in July 2018 while also telling me that we would sign no players in either transfer window and not be playing at WHL again till April I would have bit their hand off.

Got to be the biggest 10 days coming up in our recent history.
It’s been an incredible season to date. Time to push ourselves over the line now.

It’s amazing that when someone who is normally as positive as fuck about Tottenham posts the slightest little concern, everyone piles in. I don’t see these posters slaughtering the hood and mindblown and all the little cunts who habitually run down Spurs, but I’m fair game? Well fuck you.

You arent showing "the slightest bit of concern", you are massively overreacting.

Its 0-1 at half time effectively, we can still easily have our best season ever and yet you are chucking every player and the manager under the bus saying they are shit.

Chill out Joe.

Defiantly fresh legs for sure, but you get what I mean, we are bringing on fresh legs at fullback whilst trying to chase the game, there wasn’t another single attacking option to be had....
There was, Davies and Foyth and Foyth became a genuine threat who had the beating of tier LB several times (Davies didn't get into the game). So many teams bring on CF's when chasing the game (we have) and it results in the square root of fuck all. Usually, because it results in balls being lobbed aimlessly into the box which get defended. My heart usually sinks when we resort to this as it so rarely amounts to anything.

I wasn't punching the air with delight when we brought them on, not because they were FB's but because whilst I love Foyth he's not a FB, whilst a very good footballer (I love him) his instincts are not to attack or to overlap down the flanks and Davies isn't an attack-minded FB. But Foyth did more in those minutes than Tripps has in his last 5 games combined.

Bloody hell. 57 varieties 57 varieties - the beer drinking sperm has joined in. You want to go around beating people up because you don’t like them? I’m guessing you’d run a mile from the nasty little fuckers with their AUS8 blades.
Whats the matter fella..i disagree with a post and you wet your knickers..im.not about to get in cunt off with you ..ive neither the inclination nor do i want to lower my self to your level which trawls the bottom of the pond .
.the beer with 1882 and nutter naylor and many others yesterday was fine ..im a big boy now and can handle half a lager without addiction you fucking knome.

Feeling a bit numb this morning, partly due to the result and partly due to tiredness and too much beer.

Last night was the biggest match we could ever have had at our own stadium. I just wish we’d all enjoyed it more. I think the occasion beat the players and we couldn’t get going. Yes we need better backup players but we could still have given it more of a go. The goal seemed like a shocker to concede.

There was also too much tension and negativity in the stands, although the atmosphere was decent at times.

It’s the CL semi finals FGS. Too many people were on players’ backs and abusing our own players. I got into an argument with a group of young spotty twats who thought they were hard insulting everyone in Lillywhite. Really makes me question whether I want to keep going, but at least it wasn’t my normal ST seat.

Nothing to lose next week but we have to find a way to release the tiredness and tension in our squad. Playing with a bit of freedom, pace and ambition, and we can still win this tie without a shadow of a doubt.

COYS.

Just woke up, I had a terrible dream that we set up with a back 5 and froze like rabbits in the headlights in our most important match ever, and played the whole game, the whole game, without anyone actually shooting at goal.......

Whatever the result, I choose to support these players and this manager - it’s my football club, and we’ve been through a hell of a lot worse in our 50 year relationship than losing Champions League semifinals. I know some people here think that makes me a happy clapper or somehow unambitious - I’ll live with that.

Anyway, good job I had my lucky pants on last night, without them it would probably have been 3 or 4. Mind, they didn’t help with some fuckwit closing every major road in the Midlands yet again last night, now that is something to get angry about.....

Errrr don’t remember anyone wanting to replace Dele and Eriksen last summer do you?

They’re the first two I’d upgrade if we seriously want to play better football
Living in La La Land if you think a RB will make Eriksen better
You’re beyond clueless

Feeling a bit numb this morning, partly due to the result and partly due to tiredness and too much beer.

Last night was the biggest match we could ever have had at our own stadium. I just wish we’d all enjoyed it more. I think the occasion beat the players and we couldn’t get going. Yes we need better backup players but we could still have given it more of a go. The goal seemed like a shocker to concede.

There was also too much tension and negativity in the stands, although the atmosphere was decent at times.

It’s the CL semi finals FGS. Too many people were on players’ backs and abusing our own players. I got into an argument with a group of young spotty twats who thought they were hard insulting everyone in Lillywhite. Really makes me question whether I want to keep going, but at least it wasn’t my normal ST seat.

Nothing to lose next week but we have to find a way to release the tiredness and tension in our squad. Playing with a bit of freedom, pace and ambition, and we can still win this tie without a shadow of a doubt.

COYS.
Damn right CSWY - agree every word

ArcspacE ArcspacE

Instead of blanket disagreeing posts without reading them because they are critical of certain players, why not explain what exactly you thought they brought to last nights game instead.

The only excuse I’ve heard of Dele is “he’s 23” and then someone posts some 4 year old stats

Nobody knows what you think. You never say anything about the team.

No alcohol last night, but I've woken up with a sodding hangover. Can't win, can we?

But I wouldn't swap this pain for all the world. I believe we'll do it.

Ajax won't know what's hit them next week. THEY WILL CRY LIKE BABIES WHEN THEY GO OUT.

Let's move on from this...beat Bournemouth and secure CL football...try our damn hardest in the return leg....then shift all the fucking not good enough dead wood we have in the squad.
Bye bye to
Trippier
Aurier
Davies
Wanyama
Dier
Lamela
Llorente

That's who I think are not good enough but Dier and Davies will probably stay.

Back
Top Bottom