Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe because Rose was putting in serious effort, chasing everything down and smashing into tackles, it gives the other players a lift when someone does that.

I notice you don’t mention how useless Eriksen was in your appraisals?

I’ll also never understand your ‘he saw half as much of the ball’ stuff, it’s a completely pointless stat. It means Rose wasn’t getting as many passes as Trippier.

I would be inclined to say you’ve never put a pair of football boots on. Obviously there’s no way I can prove that, but you reek of an armchair fan that’s never kicked a ball in their life. I’m not saying that doesn’t give you the right to enjoy football and understand it, but in your case it really stunts how you see the game

I thought last night was Danny’s best game of the season so far

Think you’re right about Blakey though as it would explain his irrational hatred of Sissoko who, if fit, must be one of Poch’s first names on the team sheet

As for Ajax I would imagine they will be pissed off that they didn’t finish this tie within the first 30 mins

Another point was why their keeper didn’t get a yellow for blatant time wasting ???

Things changed when Jan went off. Up until then I really thought it could be 3 or 4. After that, we got much more into it and made them look ordinary. I really feel people have been drawn into how "wonderful" Ajax are - big articles in the press, mass coverage on TV yet, they looked ordinary in the 2nd half.
Still in this.

And hope that we have no more fucking injuries.

Haha WORD!

Things changed when Jan went off. Up until then I really thought it could be 3 or 4. After that, we got much more into it and made them look ordinary. I really feel people have been drawn into how "wonderful" Ajax are - big articles in the press, mass coverage on TV yet, they looked ordinary in the 2nd half.
Still in this.

We're definately still in this. With son back, we are more than capable of scoring at their place. If we score just once, it's even stevens, and the away goals rule is done and dusted. And I believe we can score a few - 2 goals will really fuck Ajax.

I make it 55/45 in favour of Ajax at the moment - marginal favourites, but that's it.

I thought last night was Danny’s best game of the season so far

Think you’re right about Blakey though as it would explain his irrational hatred of Sissoko who, if fit, must be one of Poch’s first names on the team sheet

As for Ajax I would imagine they will be pissed off that they didn’t finish this tie within the first 30 mins

Another point was why their keeper didn’t get a yellow for blatant time wasting ???

Along with the time wasting I reckon their keeper has a gaff in him, test him in the second leg and he’ll spill one

my point is - the fact he will be back doesn't GUARANTEE he will score. You seem to suggest that he will definitely score. I am just pointing to a very recent game where he didn't. He didn't v Brighton either.

Therefore, your faith may be slightly misplaced.

I hope he scores 7 at Ajax - but I am not convinced he will get one. I pray he does.

my point is - the fact he will be back doesn't GUARANTEE he will score. You seem to suggest that he will definitely score. I am just pointing to a very recent game where he didn't. He didn't v Brighton either.

Therefore, your faith may be slightly misplaced.

I hope he scores 7 at Ajax - but I am not convinced he will get one. I pray he does.

At no point did I say he is guaranteed to score. Quote me where I said that, you useless bucket of spunk. I said that with Son back, we are more than capable of scoring. How does that equate to a guarantee.

The best part of you dribbled down your mum's legs when you were born. Fuck off.

And your comment about not scoring against Brighton is irrelevant too! Are you fucking brain damaged?

At no point did I say he is guaranteed to score. Quote me where I said that, you useless bucket of spunk. I said that with Son back, we are more than capable of scoring. How does that equate to a guarantee.

The best part of you dribbled down your mum's legs when you were born. Fuck off.

And your comment about not scoring against Brighton is irrelevant too! Are you fucking brain damaged?

He probably is now!!!

Pmsl 😆

I hope he stays fit for the rest of the season

Looks a bargain for £30 million

Agreed, and absolutely nuts thinking that remembering the stick he took. Remember the Utd game last home game of 16/17 when the Lane shut, we roasted him on Twitter by retweeting the club warning us not to go on the pitch and everyone piping up "that means you too, Sissoko".

Pretty sure the instructions on stubhub state something about meeting the seller at the ground! So that means people are selling their tickets for crazy prices and then handing over their ST's or Membership cards to the buyer and collecting them after the game???? Insane they can get away with that.

Tempted to buy one just so I can hand it in to the club and get them sacked off :allitongue:

I think the club should do exactly that.

Right, have calmed down (a bit) from last night's abject display and feeling more optimistic. Really think we can overturn this. With dynamic Moura & Son (instead of the flimsy Lampost) upfront, Sissoko driving the middle, Jan back, etc, we can cause them problems. Wasn't impressed by them once we sorted out our shape, and their keeper looks well dodgy.
But, first things first - beat B'mouth.

We need to just go into the game with attitude of scoring 3. Ajax are bang average let's be honest. Any team would of knocked the ball around with us playing a flat back 5. Kane will play I'm sure of it. Will be 4 over weeks since his injury. Didn't he come back in five weeks last time. His ligaments are stretched now, first time you stretch ligaments is the worst. Basically every time he injuries his ankle now it's like a bad ankle sprain

Tonight broke my heart. I don't think the tie is dead. Iam going out to the Dam with a very remote chance of ticket but my heart was broken none the less. Danny Rose has always been my touch stone. He is the heart beat of this side and he was brilliant tonight but yet not good enough, the sight of Danny Rose playing to the edge of his capabilities yet still not enough at the very highest level broke me. We have got so far but we really need to look at whose going to get at us to the next level. Danny's lack of final ball is not good enough for a team that wants to win the league or champions league and that breaks my heart. Hopefully I will be proven wrong come on you Spurs.
You still claiming that Delle is a big game player?
I don't understand how you seem to be digging out Rose. I thought along with Sissoko he was our best player.

Back
Top Bottom